Windows 10: Robocopy with /MIR fails with Recycle Bin error message

Discus and support Robocopy with /MIR fails with Recycle Bin error message in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm having issues completing my environment setup on my Dell XPS 8930 desktop computer. As mentioned in the subject line, my PC has both an SSD and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jim and Barb, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Robocopy with /MIR fails with Recycle Bin error message

I'm having issues completing my environment setup on my Dell XPS 8930 desktop computer.

As mentioned in the subject line, my PC has both an SSD and HDD.

The operating system (Windows 10 Pro) is on the SSD as Drive C.

The HDD is 2tb and I plan to use this for my user data.

I moved (move to new location via properties) my user data from C: to D: which was the typical Documments, Pictures, Videos, Music, Desktop and Downloads.

All moved fine without issue.

Then, I discovered it was possible to move the OneDrive location as well.

So, I followed the Microsoft web based instructions as well.

Upon completing this task, my previously moved user folders went away, but exist within the OneDrive sub-directories.

While I was surprised at this, it seemed to make sense because of file syncing. If both OneDrive and my user folders lived separately on the same drive, I would have duplicate files...

Therefore I assume this was supposed to happen. Is this correct ?

Now, my next issue.

I have a 1tb Western Digital USB3 drive attached to this PC as a backup drive.

After syncing OneDrive (cloud) to my D: drive OneDrive along with reinstalling my software from my old PC, my thoughts were to backup to User Data Drive "D:" to my WD Drive "G:".

I attempted to use Robocopy with the /MIR (mirror parameter) to complete this task, but it failed with error because of a Recycle Bin issue. Additionally, it seemed to wipe out all pre-existing files on my G: drive, which now says its empty even thought the same space allocated for those former files shows up as used space (very strange).

I them tried a Robocopy with specific sub-directories within drive D: like /OneDrive, but again the process failed because it said OneDrive is in use.

Can anyone provide suggestions to my issues ?

***Modify title from: New PC with SSD and HDD setup***

:)

Jim and Barb, Apr 11, 2019
  2. Jan Del Win User

recycle bin

Hi George,

To prevent your files from being deleted from the Recycle Bin, we suggest increasing the maximum file size your Recycle Bin can keep by following the steps below:

• Right click on the Recycle Bin icon.
    • Under the Settings for selected location, select Custom size.
    • Fill up the box for your allotted maximum file size for your Recycle Bin.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Apr 11, 2019
  3. ipellant Win User
    Missing desktop icons and recycle bin

No problems on the current Windows 10 on three computers I have running dual screens. Desktop Icons only appear on the primary screen.

All icons including the Recycle Bin not showing. The Recycle Bin could be the cause.

There was a bug / glitch during the Insider Preview builds that would flash up a message saying the Recycle Bin was corrupted or missing.

It seems that the Recycle Bin attempts to build a list of recycled files on all the drives on the computer. If the recycled files id is out of sync, that caused the bin to fail.

Suggest:

Copy some files; then delete them; then reboot and see if the Recycle Bin appears.

ipellant, Apr 11, 2019
  4. Robocopy with /MIR fails with Recycle Bin error message

Lost Recycle Bin in Windows 10

Hello,

We highly suggest to follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button , type desktop icons into the search box, and then click Show or hide common icons on the desktop.
    • In the Desktop Icon Settings dialog box, do one of the following: To hide the Recycle Bin, clear the Recycle Bin check box. ...
    • Click OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Trixie Mop, Apr 11, 2019
Thema:

Robocopy with /MIR fails with Recycle Bin error message

1. Robocopy with /MIR fails with Recycle Bin error message - Similar Threads - Robocopy MIR fails

2. Recycle Bin error message: Recycle Bin is corrupt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recycle Bin error message: Recycle Bin is corrupt: I ran rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin from elevated command prompt, and it didn't work. I tried deleting recycle bins on all drives, but this was not allowed on C drive. I then enabled built-in master administrator account and used it to delete recycle bins on all drives, and then I...
  3. Recycle Bin error message: Recycle Bin is corrupt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recycle Bin error message: Recycle Bin is corrupt: I ran rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin from elevated command prompt, and it didn't work. I tried deleting recycle bins on all drives, but this was not allowed on C drive. I then enabled built-in master administrator account and used it to delete recycle bins on all drives, and then I...
  4. Recycle Bin error message: Recycle Bin is corrupt

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Corrupted Recycle Bin Message

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Corrupted Recycle Bin Message: Hello, so when I awoke my computer from sleep today it had a message saying something along the lines of "Recycle Bin Corrupted, Empty Recycle Bin?" I said no so I could check what files there all were first, then deleted them from the bin. Then just to check if it was all...
  6. Corrupted Recycle Bin Message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted Recycle Bin Message: Hello, so when I awoke my computer from sleep today it had a message saying something along the lines of "Recycle Bin Corrupted, Empty Recycle Bin?" I said no so I could check what files there all were first, then deleted them from the bin. Then just to check if it was all...
  7. CORRUPT RECYCLE BIN MESSAGE

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CORRUPT RECYCLE BIN MESSAGE: Just recently I received a message on my laptop desktop that I have a corrupted recycle bin. I have done nothing even though I have read various ways to repair this. I have had no problems with using my recycle bin or any other computer problems. Should I be concerned or was...
  8. Error Message Recycle Bin is Corrupted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Message Recycle Bin is Corrupted: Hi I keep getting this error message when starting my pc ~“The Recycle Bin on C:\ is corrupted. Do you want to empty the Recycle Bin for this drive”I need to get rid of it can anyone help please Thanks...
  9. Error Message Recycle Bin is Corrupted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error Message Recycle Bin is Corrupted: Hi I keep getting this error message when starting my pc ~“The Recycle Bin on C:\ is corrupted. Do you want to empty the Recycle Bin for this drive”I need to get rid of it can anyone help please Thanks...
  10. Error Message Recycle Bin is Corrupted

in Windows 10 Customization

Users found this page by searching for:

1. robocopy purge sends to recycle bin

2. robocopy recycle bin is corrupted