Windows 10: Robot Sounding Microphone Since Update

Discus and support Robot Sounding Microphone Since Update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Ever since I have upgraded to Windows 10 I have lost pretty much all of my bass in my headphones and my microphone now sounds like a robot to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by stoges, Aug 16, 2015.

1. stoges Win User

Robot Sounding Microphone Since Update

Hello,

Ever since I have upgraded to Windows 10 I have lost pretty much all of my bass in my headphones and my microphone now sounds like a robot to a point that you are not even able to make out what I am saying. I have a Realtek audio card and I have tried playing with all of the settings. It recognizes everything as being plugged in as well.

I'm not sure how to fix this or why it even happened in the first place.

Hopefully someone can help.

Thanks.

:)

stoges, Aug 16, 2015
  2. Andre Da Costa, Aug 16, 2015
  3. L.Umbra Win User
    Microphone issue in Windows 10

Original title: Windows 10, Robotic Voice.

Hello everyone.

After watching every possible solutions to this problem or similar ones in this page and google, I still can't solve it, so I'm going to try asking it myself and answering to your replies, since I really don't wanna give up on this and go back to windows
    7 or resign myself to just having to use my mobile phone skype.

Since I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 I haven't been able to use my microphone properly, any of them. Reverting to 7 solves the problem but I prefer not doing so. My voice sounds robotic and terribly distorted, and it happens in skype as well as
    when I listen to my microphone in sound options. (strangely enough, it does not happen when I listen to my microphone selecting that option from the realtek manager windows instead of the sounds one). I haven't tried other programs, but I guess it will be
    the same.

What I already tried:

-Troubleshooting

-Reverting to the generic High Definition Audio from Microsoft

-Uninstalling and reinstalling my realtek drivers and AMD High definition audio device

-Changing my Hz output (CD, DVD quality, and such)

-Disabling all the sound effects of my microphone.

-Ensuring my microphone is the standard recording device

-Ensuring the "Do nothing" option is selected at the communications tab

-Ensuring the sound drivers are updated

-Unplugging my rear port speakers, which I normally have plugged alongside my front port headset.

-Following the standard troubleshooting audio and skype call guides

-Updating Windows

-Updating skype

-Reverting to old skype versions

Hoping for some help, and thanks in advance.

L.Umbra, Aug 16, 2015
  4. stoges Win User

Bump to see if anyone knows.

stoges, Aug 18, 2015
Thema:

1. Robot Sounding Microphone Since Update - Similar Threads - Robot Sounding Microphone

2. Microphone Sound Quality

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone Sound Quality: Hi, how do you make your microphone quality sound better? With that unknown noise like scratch sound or whatever. Because I am having bad mic quality in my headset. Help, please. Thank you...
  3. no sound since update

no sound since update: I just had a windows 10 update and now I have no sound . please help ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-since-update/4ee37776-dc86-4597-9987-505b954be8b7
  4. Microphone "Unplugged" since April 2018 update.

Microphone "Unplugged" since April 2018 update.: Since the april update windows has not been detecting my microphone, I rolled back the update several times but it kept reinstalling despite me taking steps that I thought would block it. Now I have had the update for more than 10 days and am unable to roll back so I need to...
  5. No Sound Since Recent Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No Sound Since Recent Windows Update: No sound on laptop since recent Windows update last night. This is the second time this has happened. The last time was a year or so ago and I brought my laptop to the store I purchased it from as it was a recent purchase. They fixed it. This time I am trying to fix the...
  6. Weird robotic / tinny sound

Weird robotic / tinny sound: So, I have following problem that I get weird tinny toned / robotic sound from chrome, discord & several other browsers i tried. Drivers up to date (also tried reinstalling them), so is windows (windows 10 latest build). Spotify & Edge are not affected by that, which means...
  7. No sound since Windows 10 update.

No sound since Windows 10 update.: I have no sound since Windows 10 update. I have tried uninstalling ads reinstalling the sound drivers. Nothing has worked. Do I need RealTek audio sound drivers?...
  8. Since update 1803, microphone doesn't work on pc

Since update 1803, microphone doesn't work on pc: Since I made the 1803 update on my PC, my microphone on my laptop hasn't worked. I've manually confirmed that the microphone is not working. The screen capture below confirms that the 1803 update also updated microphone's driver. I'm also not able to update the driver....
  9. Microphone/Sound Issues

Microphone/Sound Issues: I am (again) having microphone issues. If I: Right Click Speaker Icon Choose 'Recording Devices' Double Click 'Microphone' Choose 'Levels' Tab The marker sits at the '0' (or 'OFF') position on the slide, and the 'speaker' is 'X'd" out. (As - hopefully - shown in...
  10. Weak audio/sound since updating

Weak audio/sound since updating: I'm using a Lenovo Flex 3 laptop with windows 10 installed. 2 days ago, my windows installed updates automatically and I have not been able to hear audio on most videos clearly. Prior to this update, I would even lower the volume on most YT and facebook videos. Now, even the...