Windows 10: Rog G73JW By ASUS, need to boot pc with my Win 10 home upgrade disc for win 7,8, or 8.1 &...

Discus and support Rog G73JW By ASUS, need to boot pc with my Win 10 home upgrade disc for win 7,8, or 8.1 &... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; PC came with Win & I upgraded it to Win 10, Updates were done, then I noticed I had no sound, I went to troubleshoot the sound, it found drivers and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Lady3vil, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Lady3vil Win User

Rog G73JW By ASUS, need to boot pc with my Win 10 home upgrade disc for win 7,8, or 8.1 &...

PC came with Win & I upgraded it to Win 10, Updates were done, then I noticed I had no sound, I went to troubleshoot the sound, it found drivers and said it need to restart to upload the drivers, the pc never uploaded it got stuck in a loop, so I went on line trying everything to fix it. Screw up my boot drivers some home and couldn't get into the cmd as admin to try to fix the partition so I bout a Windows 10 home upgrade disc with Recover/Install, and laptop wont recognize it.

PC came with Aptio Setup Utility on Boot screen I see Boot Configuration

UEFI Boot Enabled

PXE Rom Enabled

Boot Priorities

boot option #1 {SATA: st9500420as...]

boot option #2 [Atheros Boot Agent}

boot option #3 [Sata: Slimtype BD E DS4WE1S]

Hard Drive BBS Priorities

Network Device BBS Priorities

CD/DVD ROM Drive BBS Priorities

Add New Boot Option

Delete Boot Option

I restarted to my small blue screen that says Please select boot device:

SATA: ST9500420AS

SATA: ST9500420AS

Atheros Boot Agent

SATA: Slimtype BD E DS4E1S

Enter Setup

then there's a line and under the line it says

up and down [arrows] to move selection

ENTER to select boot device

In Boot Priorities I picked

[Sata: Slimtype BD E DS4WE1S]

In Boot Device I put the cursor on the same SATA: SLimtype BD E etc.

Hit Ctrl, Alt, Del

This is what it reads: Reboot to Select proper Boot Device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key

nothing happens it just repeats the above line.

I the Slimtype the E drive for disks? [I have no clue]

I know my Bios Setup I'm missing the CD/DVD Rom Slot and the USB and don't know how they are titled to add them. [PROBLEM 1]

[PROBLEM TO IS FIGURING OUT HOW TO GET IT TO READ MY CD.

ok I went to a search page and found the info on my pc down below. I have no idea how to fix this and don't want to do anymore damage, Im a newbie and Im doing it solo. So any help would be greatly appreciated.

To enrich and perfect your online experience, ASUS uses "Cookies", similar technologies and services which are essential to ASUS websites. Some of functions or features may not be worked without such cookies, such as cookies storing your sign-up information and preferred language on your computer.

Also, ASUS uses some analytics, targeting and adverting cookies provided by third parties. Please choose “YES” to accept or “NO” to reject “third party cookies” by clicking one of below buttons. For detailed information, please visit ASUS Privacy Policy- “Cookies and similar technologies” .

YESNO
    x

<iframe src="https://www.googletagmanager.com/ns.html?id=GTM-NJRLM8" height="0" width="0" style="display:none;visibility:hidden"></iframe>

• Products
    • What´s Hot
    • Commercial
    • Service
    • Login
      ASUS AccountLogout

• Message Center

Display all
      • Rog G73JW By ASUS, need to boot pc with my Win 10 home upgrade disc for win 7,8, or 8.1 &... [​IMG]ROG G73Jw
      • Rog G73JW By ASUS, need to boot pc with my Win 10 home upgrade disc for win 7,8, or 8.1 &... [​IMG]
      • Rog G73JW By ASUS, need to boot pc with my Win 10 home upgrade disc for win 7,8, or 8.1 &... [​IMG]
    Products
    • Phones
    • Laptops & 2-in-1 PCs
    • Tablets
    • Motherboards
    • Graphics Cards
    • Wearable & Healthcare
    • Desktop & All-in-One PCs
    • Display & Projector
    • Networking
    • Sound
    • Peripheral & Data Storage
    • AIoT & Industrial Solutions
    • Gaming
    • Home & Automotive
    • Power Supply Unit
    • Servers
    • Intelligent Robot
    What´s Hot
    See All
    Commercial
    • Products
    • Business Size
    • Solution
    • Industry
    Service
    ROG
    ROG G73Jw
    ASUS recommends Windows 10 Pro.
    Print
    Model Number : N50 >
    • Processor
      Intel® Core™ i7 820QM/740QM/720QM/620M 2.66 GHz ~ 1.6 GHz
      Intel® Core™ i5 430M/450M/460M/520M/540M 2.53 GHz ~ 2.26 GHz
      Intel® Core™ i3 330M/350M/370M 2.4 GHz ~ 2.13 GHz
    • Operating System
      Windows 7 Ultimate
      Windows 7 Professional
      Windows 7 Home Premium
      This version contains all product updates (SP1)
    • Chipset
      Intel® HM55 Express Chipset
    • Memory
      DDR3 1333/1066 MHz SDRAM,2 x SO-DIMM socket for expansion up to 8 G SDRAM (Quad Core),2 x SO-DIMM socket for expansion up to 4 G SDRAM (Dual Core), *1
    • Display
      17.3" 16:9 HD+ (1600x900)/Full HD (1920x1080) LED backlight
    • Graphic
      NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 460M 1.5GB GDDR5 VRAM
    • Storage
      2.5" SATA
      750GB 7200rpm
      640GB 5400rpm
      500GB 5400rpm/7200rpm
      500GB 7200rpm SSH
      320GB 7200rpm
      Dual HDD Support
    • Optical Drive
      Blu-Ray DVD Combo
      Super-Multi DVD
      Blu-ray Writer
    • Card Reader
      8 -in-1 card reader ( SDXC/ MS/ MS Pro/ MS Duo/ MMC)
    • Camera
      2.0 Mega Pixel web camera
    • Networking
      Integrated 802.11 b/g/n
      Built-in Bluetooth™ V2.1+EDR (Optional)
      10/100/1000 Base T
    • Interface
      1 x Microphone-in jack
      1 x Headphone-out jack
      1 x USB 3.0 port(s)
      3 x USB 2.0 port(s)
      1 x RJ45 LAN Jack for LAN insert
      1 x HDMI
    • Audio
      Built-in Speakers And Microphone
      EAX Advanced HD 5.0
      THX TruStudio
      Built-in subwoofer
    • Battery
      8Cells : 5200 mAh 74 Whrs

• Power Adapter
      Output :
      16 V DC, 4.7 A, 150 W
      19 V DC, 4.7 A, 120 W
      Input :
      100 -240 V AC, 50/60 Hz universal
    • Dimensions
      41.5 x 32.0 x 1.89 ~5.69 cm (WxDxH)
    • Weight
      3.85 kg (with 8 cell battery)
    • Security
      LoJack
    • Manufacturer Warranty
      2-year limited International hardware warranty. *different by country
      On-line problem resolution through web interface (BIOS, Driver update)
      OS (Windows 7 ) install/uninstall consultation
      Bundled software install/uninstall consultation
      ASUS software supporting
    • Note
      *1 :
      DDR3 1333 MHz up to 8GB (Intel® i7-720QM / i7-740QM / i7-820QM platform)
      DDR3 1066 MHz up to 4GB (Intel® Core™ i7-620M/ i5 / i3 platform)
      *2 :
      Output: 16 V DC, 4.7 A, 150W (Intel® i7-720QM / i7-820QM platform)
      Output: 19 V DC, 4.74 A, 120W (Intel® Core™i7-620M/ i5 / i3 platform)
    Rog G73JW By ASUS, need to boot pc with my Win 10 home upgrade disc for win 7,8, or 8.1 &... [​IMG]
    • Products certified by the Federal Communications Commission and Industry Canada will be distributed in the United States and Canada. Please visit the ASUS USA and ASUS Canada websites for information about locally available products.
    • All specifications are subject to change without notice. Please check with your supplier for exact offers. Products may not be available in all markets.
    • Specifications and features vary by model, and all images are illustrative. Please refer to specification pages for full details.
    • PCB color and bundled software versions are subject to change without notice.
    • Brand and product names mentioned are trademarks of their respective companies.
    • Unless otherwise stated, all performance claims are based on theoretical performance. Actual figures may vary in real-world situations.
    Want More?
    Who We Are
    Need Help?
    Community
    Global / English

:)

Lady3vil, Jun 10, 2019
  2. RealNeil Win User

Win 10 boots...

I can't answer to the speed of Win-8 booting. I tried the Win-8 preview and went back to Win-7 after a month. They say that Win-8.1 is a lot better than Win-8 was.
    My Win-10 TP is working well ATM.

RealNeil, Jun 10, 2019
  3. Keith_O Win User
    Upgrading from WIN 8 to Win 10

hello,

I have a desktop running Win 8

Can anyone provide a step by step upgrade path/instructions to delete Win 8 and load/run Win 10..

thanks

Keith_O, Jun 10, 2019
  4. Nelson Ng Win User

Rog G73JW By ASUS, need to boot pc with my Win 10 home upgrade disc for win 7,8, or 8.1 &...

windows 7 8 or 10

If you want a stable and (power) user-friendly Windows, stick to Win 7.

Win 8 should never have been released (I bought a Win 8 Pro upgrade at about US$13 when I bought my laptop more than 2 years ago and haven't even used the purchased key yet!).

If you're into gaming, Win 10 is a must because of DirectX 12. Moreover, it's a free upgrade. Just turn off all the privacy switches if you're paranoid. Only thing is you can't turn off Windows Updates. As the free Win 10 upgrade is only guaranteed for a year (till Jul/Aug 2016), backup an image of your Win 7 system then upgrade to Win 8. Backup another image of this Win 8 system then restore your Win 7 image. Then you can continue using your Win 7 until you are ready to "upgrade" to Win 8 anytime even after the free upgrade period (by restoring your Win 8 image, provided you don't change your hardware significantly) ...

Nelson Ng, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Rog G73JW By ASUS, need to boot pc with my Win 10 home upgrade disc for win 7,8, or 8.1 &... - Similar Threads - Rog G73JW ASUS

2. Win 8 upgrade to win 8.1 or 10..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 8 upgrade to win 8.1 or 10..: Hi team.I have an issue with updating from win 8 to. 8.1..or 10.I don't use my notebook that often and only for email, word documents and printing..small browsing and you tube.Don't wanna buy a new machine just yet...I'm running win8 x 64 bit.But want to update the os to a...
  3. Win 8 upgrade to win 8.1 or 10..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 8 upgrade to win 8.1 or 10..: Hi team.I have an issue with updating from win 8 to. 8.1..or 10.I don't use my notebook that often and only for email, word documents and printing..small browsing and you tube.Don't wanna buy a new machine just yet...I'm running win8 x 64 bit.But want to update the os to a...
  4. upgrade from win 8 to win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade from win 8 to win 10: hi can I upgrade my win 8 on a tablet samsung Ativ tab3 to win 10 thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-win-8-to-win-10/61700be7-585e-4c5c-8493-1a14befff78e
  5. info boot win 7/8 after installation win 10

info boot win 7/8 after installation win 10: hello everyone is from a year or so that I installed windows 10 and I no longer see at startup win 7 and win 8 despite being able to access from local disk c to various folders and files, how can I return to access the previous systems? ciao a tutti da un annetto circa che...
  6. info boot win 7/8 dopo installazione win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    info boot win 7/8 dopo installazione win 10: ciao a tutti da un annetto circa che ho installato windows 10 e non vedo pi all' avvio win 7 e win 8 nonostante riesca ad accedere dal disco locale c alle varie cartelle e file, come posso tornare ad accedere ai sistemi precedenti? 164282
  7. cant upgrade from win 8 to win 10

cant upgrade from win 8 to win 10: 1. I have bought a genuine key of wins 10 pro 2. I had downloaded windows upgrade assistant and it started its work and after downlaoding 100% it says windows needs your attention on this ……. the following app is not compatible with windows uninstall it manually but...
  8. WIN 10 REGISTRY Compared to Win 7/8

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    WIN 10 REGISTRY Compared to Win 7/8: Hi, I have lots of Registry tweaks ( reg files ) from the win7/8 forums collected over the years. When I set up win 8, I noticed many of the win 7 reg settings were similar and worked in win 8, but a few did not, mainly to do with ui iirc. Now I want to use the...
  9. Win 10 a "refresh" or an "upgrade" from Win 7 and Win 8?

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 a "refresh" or an "upgrade" from Win 7 and Win 8?: I have been under the impression that Win 10 may be like an upgrade so you don't have to re-install all your desktop programs. If it is a "refresh" what a pain *Sad If it is an upgrade will it kill Windows Media Center or might it actually survive to run in Win 10? 5917
  10. Win 8 not 8.1 upgrade to win 10?

Win 8 not 8.1 upgrade to win 10?: I have a laptop with win 8 on it it does not have win 8.1 on it, can I use the win 10 mediacreation tool to upgrade win 8 (non 8.1) to win 10? 43418

Users found this page by searching for:

1. install windows 10 on g73jw