Windows 10: rogue.agent/gen-nullo

Discus and support rogue.agent/gen-nullo in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; is the "rogue.agent/gen-nullo" a bad thing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/rogueagentgen-nullo/3a550d69-98dd-4265-b6e3-d73c522bb068 Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BK8, Jun 19, 2021.

1. BK8
    BK8 Win User

rogue.agent/gen-nullo

is the "rogue.agent/gen-nullo" a bad thing

:)

2. skytrails Win User

desktop agent tray error message in windows 10

I tried the following suggestion. When I got to step 4, the list provided no checkmarks to uncheck and the icon for Desktop Agent Tray was a checkmark in a yellow circle. nothing happened when I clicked on the yellow circle with the checkmark. the title
    on the list was Desktop Agent Tray(2) Clicking on the title opened a title beneath the Desktop Agent Tray (2) which did not have the (2)

the publisher of both titles was CenturyLink Inc and the status for the entry with the (2) was enabled and the status of the other entry was blank. Changing the status to disabled did nothing. the Start up impact was listed as high. There was another
    entry under the two Desktop Agent Tray titles There was an icon then Dw20 with a high start up impact. No where was there a place to uncheck or delete. So far the box which lists the error disappears and there seems to be no problem. I just wonder why
    it is there,

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

Desktop Tray Agent is a program used by Qwest to update their installer when setting up DSL (Digital Subscribers Line) based connections to computers. I suggest you to follow the steps below and check for the status:

• Press Windows key + R, type msconfig.
    • Go to Startup tab.
    • Click on Open Task Manager.
    • Uncheck Desktop Agent Tray from the list.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

skytrails, Jun 19, 2021
  3. Bree Win User
    Rogue Files

Have you noticed that all your 'rogue' files are date 8/7/2015 10.11 PM ? That's only about a week after the initial release of the first version of Windows 10, version 1507. Seems unlikely that they have any purpose in your current version 2004 of Windows.

I would delete them (after making backup copies), or move them first as ricardobohner suggests.

4. rogue.agent/gen-nullo

error windows 10 desktop agent tray has stopped working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

Desktop Tray Agent is a program used by Qwest to update their installer when setting up DSL (Digital Subscribers Line) based connections to computers. I suggest you to follow the steps below and check for the status:

• Press Windows key + R, type msconfig.
    • Go to Startup tab.
    • Click on Open Task Manager.
    • Uncheck Desktop Agent Tray from the list.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 19, 2021
Thema:

rogue.agent/gen-nullo

1. rogue.agent/gen-nullo - Similar Threads - rogue agent gen

2. rogue login ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    rogue login ?: HelloHope you are good + thank you for all you do ...When I login into this forum I am told there is another account in my email name set up my school / IT department ...I am retired so this account should not exist on my machine - HELP !Hope we have a good weekIn love +...
  3. rogue login ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    rogue login ?: HelloHope you are good + thank you for all you do ...When I login into this forum I am told there is another account in my email name set up my school / IT department ...I am retired so this account should not exist on my machine - HELP !Hope we have a good weekIn love +...
  4. rogue login ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Rogue Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Rogue Files: When I expand the C volume in File Explorer, I see a few rogue files that seem to occupy no space. Can I safely delete thess files? Windows 10 Home / 64 Bit / Version 2004 / Build 19041.388 [img] 165656
  6. Rogue data usage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Rogue data usage: My data usage overview shows that "system" uses a huge amount of data. There are no updates running, all set in metered connection, there is no change in storage space????? What under system is consuming all this data, where is this data going, how is it even running in the...
  7. A rogue app

A rogue app: I tried to uninstall an app, but it blocks me saying the app is running and I need too close it first. The app is not visibly running anywhere. How do I find this app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-rogue-app/f980c7f0-ba67-4ca2-a1cf-03734dbb5142
  8. Rogue Device

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Rogue Device: Hi all, Looking for advice on a device that has been cleared, sold, and removed from my Microsoft family account (and my daughters Microsoft account) [confirmed this by signing into my account and my daughters to remove it from both]. However, when I sign into my account,...
  9. Edge goin' rogue

Edge goin' rogue: I've noticed that when I wake up my PC from sleep mode and the modem is not turned on, Edge opens up by itself and tries to connect to a web page, which it cannot reach because the modem is turned off and then redirects to my modem home page. When I set the PC to sleep no...
  10. "Rogue" background processes

in Windows 10 Support
    "Rogue" background processes: Launch an app, like Calculator, and it appears under the APPS section in Task Manager, but not as a background process. Close it and it vanishes. Yet, randomly, often after SLEEP, an app (likely from Windows store) shows up as a background process. Why? Is there a way to...