Windows 10: Rogue Device

Discus and support Rogue Device in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi all, Looking for advice on a device that has been cleared, sold, and removed from my Microsoft family account (and my daughters Microsoft account)... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by W33EES, Dec 29, 2018.

1. W33EES Win User

Rogue Device

Hi all,

Looking for advice on a device that has been cleared, sold, and removed from my Microsoft family account (and my daughters Microsoft account) [confirmed this by signing into my account and my daughters to remove it from both].

However, when I sign into my account, it states that my daughter needs to log onto the ‘phantom’ device using her Microsoft Account to ensure that family features work properly (phantom because it has been removed from both Microsoft accounts). The phantom device has been factory reset, renamed and sold to someone else so, this is not possible. However, I’m concerned that the family features on all remaining devices may be affected by this log-in requirement on the phantom device (as per the warning when I log into my account).

Hoping somone can tell me how to get rid of this warning message and address this issue...

Regards,

W33EES

:)

W33EES, Dec 29, 2018

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Dec 29, 2018
  3. "Rogue" printer in "Devices & Printers" won't go away!

Windows 7 x64.

I have recently added a Canon TS3150 printer to my wireless network. The drivers were installed correctly and the printer worked fine (eventually!)

Yesterday, however, when I tried to print a document, I got a "printer is offline" error message, which persisted permanently. It seems that my PC cannot communicate with the printer. I knew what to do! Uninstall, then reinstall the drivers! No dice! So,
    uninstall, reboot, turn off printer.

The printer's icon in "Devices and printers" is still there. "Remove this device" achieves nothing, the icon re-appears immediately. Running the Trouble shooter fails to identify the problem. Running "printui" doesn't work, the printer doesn't appear in
    the printui list. The printer remains unreachable from the PC (no drivers!), but the printer's diagnostics don't find any problem on the network.

I imagine there's a registry key somewhere that needs resetting manually due to a failure, but I don't want to go poking about under the hood of the

registry without some guidance.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to get rid of this rogue printer, or suggest an alternative to a registry hack?

GarryDrummond, Dec 29, 2018
  4. csatennis Win User

Rogue Device

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Dec 29, 2018
Thema:

Rogue Device

1. Rogue Device - Similar Threads - Rogue Device

2. Driver_power_state_failure error on windows 11 23h2 with a Rogue Hero VII mother board.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver_power_state_failure error on windows 11 23h2 with a Rogue Hero VII mother board.: Hello,When I put my computer to sleep and I want to work again I keep getting a blue screen with the error Driver_power_state_failure. I have included a memory dump.Can anyone help me with this problem ?Thank you in advance.memory dump...
  3. Driver_power_state_failure error on windows 11 23h2 with a Rogue Hero VII mother board.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driver_power_state_failure error on windows 11 23h2 with a Rogue Hero VII mother board.: Hello,When I put my computer to sleep and I want to work again I keep getting a blue screen with the error Driver_power_state_failure. I have included a memory dump.Can anyone help me with this problem ?Thank you in advance.memory dump...
  4. My left Ctrl key has gone rogue. Any ideas how to fix it? I'm using Windows 11. Thanks!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My left Ctrl key has gone rogue. Any ideas how to fix it? I'm using Windows 11. Thanks!: My left Ctrl key has gone rogue. Any ideas how to fix it? I'm using Windows 11. Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-left-ctrl-key-has-gone-rogue-any-ideas-how-to/2e668a0d-5917-47a6-b958-ffd3bd724462
  5. My left Ctrl key has gone rogue. Any ideas how to fix it? I'm using Windows 11. Thanks!

My left Ctrl key has gone rogue. Any ideas how to fix it? I'm using Windows 11. Thanks!: My left Ctrl key has gone rogue. Any ideas how to fix it? I'm using Windows 11. Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-left-ctrl-key-has-gone-rogue-any-ideas-how-to/2e668a0d-5917-47a6-b958-ffd3bd724462
  6. Unable to delete a rogue windows 10 Service after forced uninstallation in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to delete a rogue windows 10 Service after forced uninstallation in Safe Mode: _Hello community!Thanks for taking the time to read this one ! Its kinda simple, but complex in itself... I have a Win10 Pro machine with a Gigabyte mobo. as a thorough engineer that I am , I installed the mobo´s utilities form here https://www.gigabyte.com/Support/Utility...
  7. Unable to delete a rogue windows 10 Service after forced uninstallation in Safe Mode

Unable to delete a rogue windows 10 Service after forced uninstallation in Safe Mode: _Hello community!Thanks for taking the time to read this one ! Its kinda simple, but complex in itself... I have a Win10 Pro machine with a Gigabyte mobo. as a thorough engineer that I am , I installed the mobo´s utilities form here https://www.gigabyte.com/Support/Utility...
  8. Unable to delete a rogue windows 10 Service after forced uninstallation in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. How to remove a rogue software?

How to remove a rogue software?: I can't kill an app shown under the "process" tag of the task manager with "end task". The app was installed by rogue software, 360 Browser. The Revo Uninstaller can't see the software. How to remove it in this case?...
  10. How to remove a rogue software?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to remove a rogue software?: I can't kill an app shown under the "process" tag of the task manager with "end task". The app was installed by rogue software, 360 Browser. The Revo Uninstaller can't see the software. How to remove it in this case?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rogu device