Windows 10: Rogue email addresses in Windows10 Mail app

Discus and support Rogue email addresses in Windows10 Mail app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have been posting an issue on another forum regarding rogue email addresses in my contacts when i try to email myself in the To box, when starting to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BarbaraEvans7, Dec 3, 2020.

1. Rogue email addresses in Windows10 Mail app

I have been posting an issue on another forum regarding rogue email addresses in my contacts when i try to email myself in the To box, when starting to add my email address i see other addresses, some with long strings of data that are not mine. I have tried various things from guidance given on another support forum and they suggested i re-post the issue here.

1. I have tried deleting the account in the Windows10 mail app and reentering it. The rogue entries still appear.

2. I have tried deleting the rogue accounts in the Outlook browser. They get deleted here but continue to be visible in the Windows10 app.

i would appreciate any further thoughts or guidance.

:)

BarbaraEvans7, Dec 3, 2020
  2. kjdawson1 Win User

Email addresses in People app does not open up in the mail app

I have windows 10. Previously in the people app when you clicked on a persons email you had the option to open the email in the mail app. Now when I click on any persons email whether it is gmail or outlook et al, it no longer gives me a choice to open in the mail app.... rather it just opens up my browser. This is for every email address I have in the people app. One more thing for your clarification. The mail app is synced with the people app because when I insert a name in the "to" box, the email addresses from the contact list show up as options. So I don't think this is a syncing issue. The problem is that you can't use the people app to email anyone because all it does is open up a browser when you click on the emaill address in the people app. Any Suggestions?

kjdawson1, Dec 3, 2020
  3. Sam Vimes Win User
    Mail App: Removing drop down email address suggestions

I'm not a big fan of the MS Mail program and don't really use it for serious stuff but somehow or other if I create a new email then as I start to enter the recipients address a whole load of suggestions will appear. I don't have any contacts in the People app so I'm not sure where these come from.

The question is how can I clear this list so that I no longer get the suggestions?

Thanks

Sam Vimes, Dec 3, 2020
  4. Bastet Win User

Rogue email addresses in Windows10 Mail app

Win10 Mail - where's the address book?

That’s now the People app. Rogue email addresses in Windows10 Mail app :)
    If you know the contact's name or email address & they’re listed in the People app, you can start typing the first few letters of their name or email address and Mail for Windows 10 will suggest matching contacts.

Bastet, Dec 3, 2020
Thema:

Rogue email addresses in Windows10 Mail app

1. Rogue email addresses in Windows10 Mail app - Similar Threads - Rogue email addresses

2. Add contact from email in Windows10 mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add contact from email in Windows10 mail app: How do I add a contact from an email in Windows10 Mail app? I left clicked on the sender in the received email, but how do I save the sender's email address as a contact? For example in this email sent from Yahoo:- [ATTACH] I can send an email to the contact but there...
  3. A rogue app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A rogue app: I tried to uninstall an app, but it blocks me saying the app is running and I need too close it first. The app is not visibly running anywhere. How do I find this app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-rogue-app/f980c7f0-ba67-4ca2-a1cf-03734dbb5142
  4. Wrong Email Address used in Windows Mail App

Wrong Email Address used in Windows Mail App: I added two gmail email address to Window App within the last week. When I reply to messages in these accounts it picks up the sender address from a third gmail account. This doesn't happen with comcast or outlook addresses being used in the app. Any suggestions?...
  5. Adding email addresses to W10 Mail App.

in Browsers and Email
    Adding email addresses to W10 Mail App.: I have just resurrected an old W10 version 1909 machine for a family member to use for email and browsing. I set up the Mail App for email and she can receive, send and reply to emails just fine. However, if she tries to send a new email she has to type in the complete...
  6. Old emails are missing - Mail windows10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Old emails are missing - Mail windows10: HI, When i checked my emails today all emails are missing up to anything older than a week ago. My settings are already set to - "as items arrive". "anytime" and sync options are turned on. PLEASE HELP!...
  7. Emails disappear in windows10 mail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Emails disappear in windows10 mail: Hello I am using win 10 mail programme on my surface book for my emails. I noticed that many times the emails just disappear!! I have seen the heading and when i come to open it fully, i cant find it anywhere at all! Pl help Thanks...
  8. problems sending and receiving emails in Windows10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    problems sending and receiving emails in Windows10 Mail app: Keep getting messages saying your email settings using Icloud and Gmail require attention. latterly a message saying Windows can not access Gmail. to seek sync approval. The email accounts were all working previously. Using a Toshiba C600 laptop....
  9. syncing email address on mail app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    syncing email address on mail app: I managed to log in with the account but I was unable to sync my email address on Mail app with the error code 0x800700657. I tried to delete and re-setup the account, but it didn’t help....
  10. Cannot save email address from Mail app to People app

Cannot save email address from Mail app to People app: I am trying to add an email address from an existing email from the Windows 10 Mail app to the Windows 10 People app. I click the email adress, click OPEN CONTACT, click SAVE. It does not save. Instead, it opens my list of contacts and asks me to "Choose a contact". I have to...