Windows 10: Rogue Start screen takes over

Discus and support Rogue Start screen takes over in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; since last update, the Start screen takes over even when I want to go to another site, like email. And if they are open, when I try to move from one to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MaryWaarvik, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Rogue Start screen takes over

since last update, the Start screen takes over even when I want to go to another site, like email. And if they are open, when I try to move from one to another, Start shows up and shuts them down. I've tried turning off stuff under settings, but it still makes me lose work.

:)

MaryWaarvik, Apr 20, 2020
  2. mike s Win User

Rogue Start Menu App

Heh. I have used start menu replacements that I never even saw what was going behind them. I just did a manual 1809 to 1903 update and peeked at the "Windows Start Menu" after Open Shell had loaded. There are perhaps a dozen such rogue entries in an "other" category; some having names suggestive of apps (like Skype) but others having placeholder names such as the one pictured above.

FWIW I have never installed or used a "store" app on this machine.

Oh well ... back to Open Shell.

mike s, Apr 20, 2020
  3. RichardC Win User
    Rogue Start Menu App

I've recently noticed a start menu app entitled 'ms-resource:AppName/Text.' If you left click, nothing happens. If you right click, then click more, a setting app comes up. That will take you to apps and features section in the settings. I've tried to delete the app to no avail. I've dragged it to desktop and tried deleting it there to no avail. Does anyone no how to get rid of it? I've searched online and found that this has happened before, with the 1803 feature update. I've read that a pc is useless without instructions. Something is instructing the system to place it in the start menu. Any suggestions?

Rogue Start screen takes over [​IMG]

RichardC, Apr 20, 2020
  4. Rogue Start screen takes over

How do I get the Windows 8.1 start screen in Windows 10?

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

I would suggest you to try the following steps:

• Click Start icon and click Settings

• Choose Personalization, click on Start

• Turn on “Use start full screen”

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

Rogue Start screen takes over

1. Rogue Start screen takes over - Similar Threads - Rogue Start screen

2. rogue login ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    rogue login ?: HelloHope you are good + thank you for all you do ...When I login into this forum I am told there is another account in my email name set up my school / IT department ...I am retired so this account should not exist on my machine - HELP !Hope we have a good weekIn love +...
  3. Taking over the ownership

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taking over the ownership: Hi there,I'm having an issue with files stores within C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Here's the problem:I would like to play Forza Horizon 5 using my steering wheel - Logitech G27.To make it work in the desired way, I would like to add this game to the Logitech Profiler - this...
  4. Taking over the ownership

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Taking over the ownership: Hi there,I'm having an issue with files stores within C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Here's the problem:I would like to play Forza Horizon 5 using my steering wheel - Logitech G27.To make it work in the desired way, I would like to add this game to the Logitech Profiler - this...
  5. Keyboard takes over

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard takes over: I rec'd new laptop with Win 10 less than a wk ago. Past 3 days, when I start to type in a fill field, before I can type, I get: --------------------------------------- or //////////////////// or ******************************* Only a restart clears it. Help?...
  6. Rogue Start Menu App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rogue Start Menu App: I've recently noticed a start menu app entitled 'ms-resource:AppName/Text.' If you left click, nothing happens. If you right click, then click more, a setting app comes up. That will take you to apps and features section in the settings. I've tried to delete the app to no...
  7. Rogue Start Menu App

in Windows 10 Support
    Rogue Start Menu App: I've recently noticed a start menu app entitled 'ms-resource:AppName/Text.' If you left click, nothing happens. If you right click, then click more, a setting app comes up. That will take you to apps and features section in the settings. I've tried to delete the app to no...
  8. Windows 10 mail takes over the screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 mail takes over the screen: I still have problems with Windows 10 mail taking over the screen, I can't shut down using the start button and if I uninstall it the screen goes crazy when I re-boot. Can I get rid of this unwanted app. I have run the latest update V1809 o/s build 17763.292 and it still...
  9. Rogue Device

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Rogue Device: Hi all, Looking for advice on a device that has been cleared, sold, and removed from my Microsoft family account (and my daughters Microsoft account) [confirmed this by signing into my account and my daughters to remove it from both]. However, when I sign into my account,...
  10. Problem with Windows 10 start screen taking over the desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with Windows 10 start screen taking over the desktop: I am having a problem on Windows 10 where the desktop has been taken over by the start menu. I am no longer able to resize windows as one would on a desktop, but rather they are treated as apps. I will try to post some pictures of the problem. It is almost like Windows 10 has...