Windows 10: Roku privacy policy - any way to block collection of info on network?

Discus and support Roku privacy policy - any way to block collection of info on network? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; The new Roku privacy policy Roku includes this phrase: and information about other devices connected to the same network This may be legal, and we... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by x509, May 3, 2020.

1. x509 Win User

Roku privacy policy - any way to block collection of info on network?

The new Roku privacy policy Roku includes this phrase:

and information about other devices connected to the same network

This may be legal, and we may no no choice about it (until strong privacy laws are passed), but it is still alarming. Is there any way to block a Roku device from scanning the rest of a home LAN?

:)

x509, May 3, 2020
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Roku screen mirror problems

Hi,

Thank you for sharing all the steps you have perform to fix the issue.

To narrow down the possible cause of this issue, we suggest that you disable your anti-virus temporarily to make sure that it is not blocking the connection between Roku streaming stick and your PC.

We are looking forward to your reply.

Ryan Fra, May 3, 2020
  3. Roohi_Taj Win User
    roku television started hearing typing sound while watching hulu

Hi Etcgl,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

If you are using Roku to mirror windows based device on TV, then follow these steps:

1. Press Windows and
      R key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type Control and hit enter.
    3. Click on Hardware and sound> click on Sound.
    4. Click on Playback > check the particular device you are using.
    5. Right click on the device, disable and enable it again.
    If that doesn’t work,
    I would suggest you to contact Roku support, as the issue is related to Roku.
    Please refer the Roku support.

For information about protection on Windows 10, you can refer this Microsoft

article

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, May 3, 2020
  4. trome421 Win User

QoS Packet Scheduler - Blocked by group policy?

I am trying to make changes to a network adapter and install QoS Packet Scheduler. However, when I click to install I get "Could not add the requested feature. The error is: This program is blocked by group policy. For more information, contact your system administrator." I am doing this as the administrator and I have no group policy that should be blocking this.

I am going to network adapter > Properties > under "Networking" I click "Install..." and select QoS Packet Scheduler. I do not see it as a list of already available options, which is why I need to install it.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you!

trome421, May 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Roku privacy policy - any way to block collection of info on network? - Similar Threads - Roku privacy policy

2. MS Account - Privacy data collection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Account - Privacy data collection: I recently found out after a chat discussion with Microsoft Support that they knew my exact location and what I was doing on my computer. This is something I found very invasive of my privacy and it was not any of their business. I asked the Microsoft Support person where...
  3. MS Account - Privacy data collection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Account - Privacy data collection: I recently found out after a chat discussion with Microsoft Support that they knew my exact location and what I was doing on my computer. This is something I found very invasive of my privacy and it was not any of their business. I asked the Microsoft Support person where...
  4. Create Google account privacy policy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create Google account privacy policy: 6grtujfkrui6gjz4eru6rsfigueut6rw https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-google-account-privacy-policy/f1700a33-0015-4ce4-b070-2fd369f2d1a4
  5. Privacy Policy

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Privacy Policy: How do I review and accept the Microsoft privacy policy? required by new program I downloaded https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/privacy-policy/89f71724-47de-4a18-a1d9-14503334841a
  6. Privacy Policy URL

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Privacy Policy URL: Hello ! I want to put an Open Source application in the MicroSoft store. I don't know what to put on the privacy policy URL. Is it enough to place a link to http://www.squeakpl.com/cani/editor/ ? You can find something like this at this link: WARNING ! The "CANI Graphic...
  7. Microsoft Privacy Policy

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Privacy Policy: Because Edward Snowden illegally stole documents from my government we know Microsoft was working secretly with government. Are they still doing this? How do we know and why would we believe its not happening any longer? Microsoft never apologized nor were they ever...
  8. Network Privacy

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Network Privacy: What Network sharing option should I choose for our home computer to prevent hackers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-privacy/a65b779c-16a7-40df-b517-8fc58546f360"
  9. blocked by group policy

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    blocked by group policy: hello! Im trying to get hyper-v working but when im trying to enable hyper v network switch on the network adapter im getting: ''blocked by group policy''. I upgradeded windows 7 to window 10 yesterday and its my private computer, anyone who had the same error? 29576
  10. Twitter updated Privacy Policy

in Windows 10 News
    Twitter updated Privacy Policy: Twitter’s purpose is to keep the world informed by serving the public conversation. We work hard to build a great experience for people Tweeting, and seeing Tweets all over the world, and protecting the privacy of the people who use Twitter every day. We believe you should...