Windows 10: Roll back from 10532 to 10240 without windows.old

Discus and support Roll back from 10532 to 10240 without windows.old in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I would like to go back to 10240 RTM from 10532 but I accidentally deleted windows.old. I would like to know if there is a way to go back to 10240... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by appss, Sep 12, 2015.

1. appss Win User

Roll back from 10532 to 10240 without windows.old

I would like to go back to 10240 RTM from 10532 but I accidentally deleted windows.old. I would like to know if there is a way to go back to 10240 while keeping my existing data? Thanks in advance.

:)

appss, Sep 12, 2015
  2. Alan B Win User

Windows Update downgraded PC from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview Evaluation Copy Build 10532

It's not been rolled back; it has been taken forward to an Insider Preview of a yet-to-be-released update to Windows 10. The clue is in the number. The RTM version of Windows 10 is 10240. 10532 is a larger number than 10240 indicating a move forward.
    If you don't want Insider Previews then opt out of them.

Alan B, Sep 12, 2015
  3. sjdunbar Win User
    Windows 10 Start Menu Stops opening, Windows 10 Apps Stop Working

TThijme,

Yes, you can roll back to build 10240 (the original Windows 10 build) the same way you could roll back from Windows 10 to the previous system. This is assuming you haven't "cleaned out" the Windows.old folder in any way.

Go to Windows Settings > Update and Security > Recovery > Select "Go Back to an Earlier Build"

sjdunbar, Sep 12, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

The only way would be an upgrade and I don't think you can upgrade to an older build.

Backup your data and do a clean install of the RTM version is all I can think of.

Ztruker, Sep 13, 2015
Thema:

1. Roll back from 10532 to 10240 without windows.old - Similar Threads - Roll 10532 10240

2. roll back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    roll back: hi, im on windows 10 21h2 and i need to roll back to windows 10 20h2 so i can run some programs, i know i need to run the media creation tool but its called 21h2 so wont that just leave it as 21h2? can any one tell me what i need to do to rollback to it, please explain in...
  3. roll back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    roll back: hi, im on windows 10 21h2 and i need to roll back to windows 10 20h2 so i can run some programs, i know i need to run the media creation tool but its called 21h2 so wont that just leave it as 21h2? can any one tell me what i need to do to rollback to it, please explain in...
  4. roll back

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Downgrading roll back to the old Microsoft store design

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Downgrading roll back to the old Microsoft store design: Hello guys !So I have been a Windows Developer before. I love the Windows 11 design but except the Store layout. So I downgrade to Windows 10, which mean they have the old layout. But now it auto to date so I can't use it. Help me if you can ! Windows Version : Windows 10...
  6. Downgrading roll back to the old Microsoft store design

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downgrading roll back to the old Microsoft store design: Hello guys !So I have been a Windows Developer before. I love the Windows 11 design but except the Store layout. So I downgrade to Windows 10, which mean they have the old layout. But now it auto to date so I can't use it. Help me if you can ! Windows Version : Windows 10...
  7. Downgrading roll back to the old Microsoft store design

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Roll back Windows

Roll back Windows: I have a Lenovo laptop and the audio has stopped working. It was suggested that I roll back 2004 to 1909, but the ten days has passed so Windows will not allow me to do that. Is there a work around for this?...
  9. Rolling back from Windows 10 to Windows 7

Rolling back from Windows 10 to Windows 7: I was using Windows 7 64 bit a little over a year ago and I wanted to try Windows 10 Upgrade. After I did the upgrade from 7 to 10 two day's later I hated 10 and wanted 7 back. I went into the settings and found the rollback but I could not get it to rollback because it said...
  10. build 10532

build 10532: Build is taking forever to download. What is up with this and how to resolve it? 20161