Windows 10: Roll-back Grace Period Reduction

Discus and support Roll-back Grace Period Reduction in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When does the grace period change from 90 to 10 days (and from when)? I upgraded from 7 to 10 on July 26 and show no updates, Anniversary or otherwise.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by raspurrier, Aug 7, 2016.

1. Roll-back Grace Period Reduction

When does the grace period change from 90 to 10 days (and from when)? I upgraded from 7 to 10 on July 26 and show no updates, Anniversary or otherwise. It has been 13 days since then and my computer shows no Roll-back available. Is my 10 days up?

:)

raspurrier, Aug 7, 2016

2. How to Stop Windows 10 Build Updates?

Hi Jairit,

Thanks for your response. I do know about the roll back and that does work on a basis of the end user still being within the grace period of 10 days

I want to know specifically if their is a way to roll a user back that has passed the 10 day period where the roll back option does not display anymore??

Your assistance is highly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Borhan

BorhanKhademi, Aug 7, 2016
  3. E for Excel, Aug 7, 2016
  4. spunk Win User

Roll-back Grace Period Reduction

Do you want to do the Anniversary Update? Or do you want to roll back to Windows 7?
    If you want the Anniversary Update, use the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant

spunk, Aug 8, 2016
  5. Mystere Win User
    It's not really a "grace period". You can rollback any time you like after any period of time, if you perform a system backup and restore that backup.

There is a 30 day period, however, where you can automatically rollback. There are, however, certain things that can happen that can make it so you can no longer roll back (I've had it happen too) even before your 30 days is up.

There has been rumor that MS is blocking automatic updates to the Anniversary update for 30 days for any new installs within 30 days of July 29th, because otherwise the rollback to the previous OS would be lost. But, it sounds like you may have done something to lose your rollback anyways.

The rollback is a nice feature, but shouldn't take the place of a full backup and restore. Too many things can break the rollback.

Mystere, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Roll-back Grace Period Reduction

1. Roll-back Grace Period Reduction - Similar Threads - Roll Grace Period

2. roll back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    roll back: hi, im on windows 10 21h2 and i need to roll back to windows 10 20h2 so i can run some programs, i know i need to run the media creation tool but its called 21h2 so wont that just leave it as 21h2? can any one tell me what i need to do to rollback to it, please explain in...
  3. roll back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    roll back: hi, im on windows 10 21h2 and i need to roll back to windows 10 20h2 so i can run some programs, i know i need to run the media creation tool but its called 21h2 so wont that just leave it as 21h2? can any one tell me what i need to do to rollback to it, please explain in...
  4. roll back

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. ROLL BACK QUESTION

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ROLL BACK QUESTION: hey ummif I will rollback my pc to windows 10 from windows 11 so is my Antivirus going to be deleted?just wanna askif someone knows the answer please tellBUT THE EXPERTS ADVISE IS MORE HELPFUL....
  6. computer roll back

computer roll back: How do I roll back my computer to an earlier date. I have windows 10. But seem to have lost some of my files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-roll-back/8e89f3be-4fe7-4444-b5ac-54543c92e575
  7. Rolling back to 1909

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Rolling back to 1909: So I did update to Windows 2004. And I've just noticed this recently. When defragmenting my SSD, it will run but later on it will not register. It will show as never run again. So here is what I thought, I have the 2004 update past the 10 day given by windows. I'll try to...
  8. Software Licensing Service reported that the grace period expired, 0xC004F009

in Windows 10 News
    Software Licensing Service reported that the grace period expired, 0xC004F009: [ATTACH] When a copy of Windows is installed on a computer, it gets into a grace period. It means that one can use Windows without any restriction on its feature. If you are receiving an error code 0xC004F009, it means that grace [...] This post Software Licensing Service...
  9. Roll back 1809

Roll back 1809: My MSI WS60 with Win10Pro originally, now is dual boot with Win7Ult as primary OS, on separate partition. I updated Win10Pro to 1809 on Sept18, I do believe. I have a Macrium Clone of the entire drive prior to backup. Can I boot Win10Pro, and quickly roll back the update,...
  10. Change Screen Saver Password Grace Period in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Screen Saver Password Grace Period in Windows: How to: Change Screen Saver Password Grace Period in Windows How to Change Screen Saver Grace Period to Bypass Password Protection in Windows When you turn on password protection of a screen saver, it is not effective immediately. There is a 5 second delay by default...