Windows 10: Roll back to Win 7, then re install Win 10 later?

Discus and support Roll back to Win 7, then re install Win 10 later? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, I see it is possible to go back to my previous OS Win 7 as I am having some issues with things in Win 10, so could I within the next year... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jonesnewton, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Roll back to Win 7, then re install Win 10 later?

Hi all,

I see it is possible to go back to my previous OS Win 7 as I am having some issues with things in Win 10, so could I within the next year re-install Win 10 or is it limited to just the one download and install?

Thanks in advance

:)

jonesnewton, Aug 9, 2015

2. Can not uninstall windows 10

You removed files necessary to roll back. You will need to re-install win 7 or fix the problems in win 10

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Aug 9, 2015
  3. Windows ten

You will be able to roll back to win 7 within 30 days after that you would need to re-install win 7

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Aug 9, 2015
  4. ptbptb Win User

Roll back to Win 7, then re install Win 10 later?

I've already rolled back to 7 and re-downloaded / re-installed Windows 10.

Although if you mention the issues you have, we might be able to sort them out. I had network connection problems - but It's connecting to the Internet now.

ptbptb, Aug 9, 2015
  5. DonCapuco Win User
    If you have upgraded your Windows 7 to Windows 10 using the official method, your license has been registered at the Microsoft activation servers. So you can go back to Windows 7 and install Windows 10 again on the same computer. You can upgrade again, or you can download an ISO and do a clean install.

DonCapuco, Aug 9, 2015
  6. Hi ptbptb

thanks for info, its good to know Roll back to Win 7, then re install Win 10 later? :)
    Here is a link I tried to ask about my issues yesterday, but they all seemed to fail? I have seen many posts regarding the same issues. Also now my Nokia suite is not recognised?

Access denied when copying pictures in Win 10? - Windows 10 Forums

Hi DonCapuco,

Thanks for the update, I will look into it as i am still unsure about Win 10?
    It seems a little slower and abit more complex to navigate than Win 7, Cortana does not work in many regions, it does not have the hibernate option in power settings (which I used alot) and everything is connected to buying MS products, though I should be grateful for the free install Roll back to Win 7, then re install Win 10 later? :)
    Does the Win 7 key (x25 digits) stay the same for Win 10?

Thanks again.

jonesnewton, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Roll back to Win 7, then re install Win 10 later?

1. Roll back to Win 7, then re install Win 10 later? - Similar Threads - Roll install later

2. Re install win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Re install win 10: Hello, I purchased a new hp probook 4730s some time ago, it had windows 10 pre installed, but i did not like the format, so i had a new windows 7 pro insalled on a new 250 gb ssd clean install i did not retain the original win 10 hard drive. now the support for win 7 has...
  3. Re-installing Win 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Re-installing Win 10: I want to completely reinstall win 10 on my computer, is my license tied to my microsoft account? I upgraded to win 10 when it was free. Will I have to buy a license If I re-install? Thanks a ton :)...
  4. Win 7 back to win 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 7 back to win 10: Yes I had a windows 10 free upgrade back in 2016. I updated an ran on my current pc for awhile. I had a harddrive failure which was my fault had to reinstall win 7. I double checked my Microsoft account an saw coarse my win 10 back up or what have you under devices an my...
  5. Re-installation of Win 10

Re-installation of Win 10: I have windows 10. My laptop is affected by MEDS virus which encrypt all the data along with Recovery Drive (D:). I want to install again windows 10 in my laptop so that recovery files become a new files without MEDS encryption. Windows Reset is done but still there is MEDS...
  6. Re-installing WIN 10

Re-installing WIN 10: I may have to restore my laptop, which is upgraded to WIN 10, to factory condition which has WIN 8.1 installed. Will I be able to reinstall my WIN 10 upgrade free of charge or will I have to buy it? Thanks for the help....
  7. Re-install Win 10

Re-install Win 10: My computer has bogged down. I want to re-install win 10. Should I format c: ? How is the best way to do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/re-install-win-10/3eaff53c-c73c-4c15-9746-654a40175b13
  8. Win 7 to Win 10..back to 7 and back to 10

Win 7 to Win 10..back to 7 and back to 10: *Rolleyes This concerns this Activation error So perhaps I should have waited to see if it would have activated. Long story short.... win 7 (Home premium)was upgraded to win10.. win10 was activated... did a clean install of win10 with a disk i had created from...
  9. Re-install Win 10

Re-install Win 10: Hi all, A tear ago microsoft offered a free upgrade to win 10. so , i downloaded and installed. Since then it was working very well but recently i encouter some issues and I'd like to reinstall windows 10. Is it possible to do so with my current software or do i have to...
  10. No option to roll back to Win 7

No option to roll back to Win 7: When I go to Settings/Update & Security/Recovery, I have no option to roll back to Windows 7. This is not a clean install. If I search for Windows.old, the image shows as the attached. I'm not super good at computer stuff, but I usually struggle through. Any suggestions as to...