Windows 10: Roll back Windows 10 update

Discus and support Roll back Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I don't know if there was one last night, but I think there was. Now half my games won't load, my microphone won't work and Chrome setup itself to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Tankerspam, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Roll back Windows 10 update

I don't know if there was one last night, but I think there was. Now half my games won't load, my microphone won't work and Chrome setup itself to bing, which it's never done before, and I don't know why else than a windows update it would. almost all of my stuff is broken, how do I roll back?

:)

Tankerspam, Nov 28, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 28, 2019
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Nov 28, 2019
  4. Roll back Windows 10 update

New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Nov 28, 2019
Thema:

Roll back Windows 10 update

1. Roll back Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Roll update

2. Windows 10 Upgrade auto-updated Office 2016 to 365. Want to roll-back

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Upgrade auto-updated Office 2016 to 365. Want to roll-back: I just did the Windows 10 Upgrade to 1909. In the process, it also auto-updated Office 2016 to 365. I much prefer the Office 2016 UI (Search bar in 365 has too much dead space etc. - see this link...
  3. PC didn't recognize SSD (which has windows on it), so I rolled back the update, which I...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC didn't recognize SSD (which has windows on it), so I rolled back the update, which I...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/GameKnave [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e1pvdp/pc_didnt_recognize_ssd_which_has_windows_on_it_so/
  4. Microsoft rolls out Unified Update Platform preview update KB4529943

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft rolls out Unified Update Platform preview update KB4529943: Microsoft released KB4529943 yesterday to devices that participate in the Unified Update Platform preview. The update will be released later to devices that run Windows 10 and don't participate in the UUP preview program. The company revealed in November 2016 that it had...
  5. After a Roll-UP update I got some strange effects about the file explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After a Roll-UP update I got some strange effects about the file explorer: Hi everyone, Last week I received a roll-up upgrade (Windows 10 Pro US-International) and after that I got strange activities about the file explorer. The refresh of the screen isn't normal. Everything from the screen disappears and comes back not completely. I've included...
  6. Version 1803 updated to 1903, Performed Rollback, Rolled to 1803, Need 1809

Version 1803 updated to 1903, Performed Rollback, Rolled to 1803, Need 1809: We did an update this morning from 1803 intending to go to 1809 but 1903 was installed. We did a rollback and it took the computer back to version 1803. For compatibility issues with one of our carrier sites we need version 1809 as they are not compatible with 1903 yet, but...
  7. Select October 2019 Xbox Update 1910 Features Rolling Out to Insiders

in Windows 10 News
    Select October 2019 Xbox Update 1910 Features Rolling Out to Insiders: [ATTACH] As Xbox Insiders, your feedback is incredibly valuable to help us test and refine features to ensure we’re delivering the best experiences possible on Xbox. In preparation for the October 2019 Xbox Update, we’re excited to share some more details on new features...
  8. How to permanently roll back last update? It's trashing my high-end computer.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to permanently roll back last update? It's trashing my high-end computer.: The latest Win 10 update 10.0.18362 Build 18362 has caused an array of issues for my computer, before then it had worked fine. Since the update There is a delay when I click the Start icon, there's also a delay when I press the Windows Start button on my keyboard,...
  9. Cannot Save files after update; how to roll back?

Cannot Save files after update; how to roll back?: My machine was force fed a larger update which has broken it. I can no longer do "save as", it simply returns the bonkers error message "file not found".. well OF COURSE NOT,.. That's the idea!!!.. If I try "save" of an existing file I get a message saying "Error...
  10. Microsoft is rolling out an update to fix Windows 10 SFC feature

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is rolling out an update to fix Windows 10 SFC feature: In July, a number of Windows 10 users were having issues when fixing corrupted files with sfc /scannow feature and Microsoft revealed that the culprit is an update that the firm released for Windows Defender. Windows 10’s sfc /snannow command line feature has been failing...