Windows 10: Rollback a Windows Update without any backup history

Discus and support Rollback a Windows Update without any backup history in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Recently I had my computer automatically update and noticed extreme losses to my computers speed and performance Getting roughly twice as less frames... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KyleHoltby, May 28, 2020.

1. Rollback a Windows Update without any backup history

Recently I had my computer automatically update and noticed extreme losses to my computers speed and performance Getting roughly twice as less frames and stuttering with hardly any usage compared to before the update. I guess I had a struck of bad luck since I also wanted to wipe the data off of my pc to clear up space and remove anything that was useless also thinking this could've caused bad performance. However, after re downloading my games I had the same exact low performance issues and came to a conclusion that this recent update I performed had been the issue all along.

The issue now is the fact that I cant rollback an update because I wiped my computer. So when I go into settings and go into updates there's no longer the option to rollback to a previous update. I'm sure there is someway to get an downloadable update, but as of today I've had no luck finding anything.

:)

KyleHoltby, May 28, 2020

2. Backup using file history

Thanks Robeline

I was going by other advice and articles that suggest that backing up under Update and security/backup is now the way to go. I will try your suggestion.

Doug

DougWalsh1, May 28, 2020
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    File History restart

Hi Jim,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forums.

To change the backup drive for File History, the current process should be stopped. I suggest you to try the steps listed below to stop file history on an older drive and restart it on a new drive:

Change File History backup drive:

• Open Settings and navigate to Update & Security > Backup.
    • Click on More Options, scroll down to locate
      Backup to a different drive section, and choose Stop Using Drive.
    • Plug in the new storage drive, navigate to Settings > Update & Security > Backup,
      and choose Add a Drive.
    • Restart File History and configure it by referring to the article

File History in Windows

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Junaid_A, May 28, 2020
  4. Rollback a Windows Update without any backup history

File History backups

Hi William,

To help you with your File History backups issue, we suggest running the
    System File Checker
    with the steps found on this
    thread

Update us on the results.

Regards.

Angela Pun, May 28, 2020
Thema:

Rollback a Windows Update without any backup history

1. Rollback a Windows Update without any backup history - Similar Threads - Rollback Update without

2. File History backup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File History backup?: If I move a file from folder A already backedup in file history to a USB PenDrive to folder B, will it show up in folder B in FileHistory in the next backup? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-history-backup/2135cd57-4a9e-4e43-9fd9-d1bbff65e057
  3. File history backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File history backup: I am planning to upgrade my notebook. Ques is, I have my data saved as file history in an external drive. Will I be able to restore data into new notebook from this file history?...
  4. File History for Backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File History for Backup: Are there any complete instructions how File History works and how one is to retrieve documents when needed. Also how to eliminate files when File History back up drive is full. Thanks.... RDH...
  5. Unable to Backup / update File History

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Unable to Backup / update File History: For a couple of months Backup and File History have not been working, even after a successful update to October which cured some problems. I think I have checked out most possibilities, including accessing and starting Backup both from Settings and via Control Panel. I...
  6. Any way to tell if File History backup is working?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Any way to tell if File History backup is working?: I am trying to keep my files backed up regularly (weekly). First, I cannot set an automatic weekly backup. Secondly, when I set the backup to run I can't tell if it's working (so a few times I've cancelled and started again, probably needlessly. Thirdly, can I sign out of...
  7. Backup file history

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Backup file history: How do I set up File History to back up to an external hard drive in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/backup-file-history/2809c456-e34a-47f9-93ab-ea6c9188fd03"
  8. Backup vs history

Backup vs history: I had bad experience with win 8.1 history back, it did not worked. Is the windows backup history reliable, or should I use windows 7 backup? Thanks 87287
  9. File History Backup Won't Save any data

File History Backup Won't Save any data: After upgrading my laptop to Win 10 I found File History and activated it. Seemed to be working fine until 8/15 when the backups stopped. Tried to get it to backup further but, no way so after trouble shooting without success I deleted the back up data from the external drive...
  10. Any feedback on this ROLLBACK Program?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Any feedback on this ROLLBACK Program?: I run Windows 10, I use Macrium Reflect, however, this seems good to rollback Windows 10 quickly, any feedback on this? RollBack Rx Home Edition - Freeware - YouTube http://www.horizondatasys.com/en/pro...Id=40#Features Thanks*Smile 35994