Windows 10: Rollback driver using a bootable USB - is this possible?

Discus and support Rollback driver using a bootable USB - is this possible? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello I updated a driver in Windows 10 last night and upon rebooting, my PC doesn't get past the Windows logo. Eventually a purple screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by larrens, Jun 28, 2016.

1. larrens Win User

Rollback driver using a bootable USB - is this possible?

Hello

I updated a driver in Windows 10 last night and upon rebooting, my PC doesn't get past the Windows logo.

Eventually a purple screen suggests something in wrong and it will "analyse".

However no options work.
    Before I reinstall Windows, does anyone know if I can create a Win10 bootable USB to then roll back the bad driver?

Thanks

:)

larrens, Jun 28, 2016

2. Is there a way to undo a driver rollback?

Okay so it turns out that didn't even fix it. For a little while it seemed to be doing much better but now it's right back to being bad. The double click is still there even after I followed your steps, any other help?

WalrusGriper, Jun 28, 2016
  3. Is there a way to undo a driver rollback?

Hi Walrus,

This issue may have occurred due to driver incompatibility. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following questions:

• Have you tried to use the same mouse on a different PC? If yes, what was the result?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you done aside from the one provided by
      Michelle Her?
    We look forward to your response.

Eileen Gal, Jun 28, 2016
  4. TrustMe Win User

I don't know about rolling it back but I believe you can delete it at the command line. Here is a guide from Windows 8 Forums. I believe it will work for W10 also. Look at Option 3.

Driver - Uninstall in Windows

TrustMe, Jun 28, 2016
  5. larrens Win User
    Thanks - I will try that.

Do you know if that will only work with an elevated command prompt, or if I boot in 'safe mode with command prompt' it will be the same?

larrens, Jun 28, 2016
  6. TrustMe Win User
    Step one in the guide says it has to be an elevated command prompt. I'm not sure but you should be able to get an elevated command prompt in Safe Mode. Right click the Start button and choose "Command Prompt (Admin)" or type "command" in the search box, right click the command prompt icon that it finds and choose "Run as administrator". Both ways give you the elevated command prompt.

TrustMe, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Rollback driver using a bootable USB - is this possible? - Similar Threads - Rollback driver using

2. Is it possible to rollback a NET FRAMEWORK UPDATE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it possible to rollback a NET FRAMEWORK UPDATE: since my windows updated the net framework, i'm getting really high ping in Minecraft, so is it possible to revert it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-rollback-a-net-framework-update/584e7b14-58ee-4719-b785-becdbcb2b1fc
  3. Windows Bootable USB Drivers not Found

Windows Bootable USB Drivers not Found: I have a Windows Installation USB that has never given trouble before, but a few days ago it seems to have stopped working. I've tried three different computers, one using a brand new SSD. I'm able to boot from the USB but it tells me it can't find the driver to install. I...
  4. Is it possible to rollback my video card driver without a screen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to rollback my video card driver without a screen?: My laptop's screen is broken, so I've been using my tv as a monitor via hdmi. Recently I made the mistake of updating my video card driver, which caused my laptop's hdmi port to stop working. Would it be possible to rollback the driver update using only my keyboard? (Maybe by...
  5. USB driver rollback

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB driver rollback: Hello, I have an MP3 player that is not being recognized by my computer ever since a USB 3.0 extensible host controller driver update on 03JUN20. The roll back driver option is grayed out, and I can't seem to find an old version of this driver anywhere. Can anybody tell me...
  6. USB Bootable

USB Bootable: Using Tutorial below. .(Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC.) After step 7. I don't get step 8 to select USB I get :- 8GB of free disk space needed on (C:) Move files you no longer need or use Disk Cleanup to create space then try again Help please.. Thanks 152136
  7. Is it possible to get a virus in the bootable windows USB?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to get a virus in the bootable windows USB?: I am trying to reinstall Windows, my question is if I have a virus on my PC and I install Windows from the windows media creation tool can the virus theoretically get into the bootable usb too? submitted by /u/PureWall [link] [comments]...
  8. No Rollback driver option

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Rollback driver option: Hi, My Camera keeps switching on and off, so I tried to update my driver and follow the instructions in the guide, but the rollback driver option is not highli[ATTACH]ghted. Am attaching a Screenshot, can you please help me ASAP as I have interviews going on....
  9. Creators Update rollback possible?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Creators Update rollback possible?: I am using the upgrade assistant to download the Creators Update and have a screenshot that states "It's easy to go back if you don't like it." I currently have Version 1607 OS Build 14393.1198 Windows 10 Home. I had read that Version 1703 is the more secure Windows 10...
  10. Use bootable USB to upgrade to 1511

Use bootable USB to upgrade to 1511: Okay so I couldn't get Windows Update to install the November update, so I downloaded the .ISO file and created a bootable USB drive. My question is can use the setup .exe in the thumb drive to do the upgrade? Or will this want to do a clean install? I just want the...