Windows 10: Rollback msconfig changes

Discus and support Rollback msconfig changes in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello! I've got a following issue: I changed option in msconfig to Diagnostic startup. After that I rebooted my laptop. Some updates have been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Vladislav Tarlakovsky, May 21, 2023.

1. Rollback msconfig changes

Hello! I've got a following issue: I changed option in msconfig to Diagnostic startup. After that I rebooted my laptop. Some updates have been installed after reboot. And after that I lost access to admin user - pin is not working with error 0x8007139f and I forgot last admin password. I tryed change MS account password, but network is not work and new password was not receved by Windows. Could you help me please, how I can rollback Diagnostic startup or got and apply new admin password to laptop?

:)

Vladislav Tarlakovsky, May 21, 2023

2. Msconfig Won't Save Changes

I'm trying to change msconfig to Normal Startup but it won't save the changes. Fixes that I've tried:

• Creating a new admin account.
    • Saving the changes in safe.
    • Enabling start up services.
    I've been getting GPU driver crashes and this could be the cause of it.

Graeme_984, May 21, 2023
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, May 21, 2023
  4. Rollback msconfig changes

Msconfig not keeping changes

Hello William,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    1. Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    2. Click OK.
    • What is the make and model of your device?
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • What is the application/program that you're having issues with?
    • Are you using any third-party antivirus program?

Meanwhile, I'd recommend performing the steps below to troubleshoot the said issue:

1. Start your PC in safe mode. Press Windows logo key + I on your keyboard to open
    Settings. If that doesn't work, select the Start
    button in the lower-left corner of your screen, then select
    Settings

2. Select Update & security > Recovery

3. Under Advanced startup, select Restart now.

4. After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select
    Troubleshoot > Advanced options >
    Startup Settings > Restart.

5. After your PC restarts, you'll see a list of options. Select 4
    or F4 to start your PC in Safe Mode. Or if you'll need to use the Internet, select
    5 or F5 for Safe Mode with Networking.

6. During safe mode, press Windows key + R, then type
    msconfig and press Enter.

7. In the System Configuration window, go to
    General
    tab.

8. Uncheck the box for Load startup items. Click
    Apply
    and click OK to save changes.

If the issue persists, I'd suggest creating a new administrator account. Refer to the steps in this
    article.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, May 21, 2023
Thema:

Rollback msconfig changes

1. Rollback msconfig changes - Similar Threads - Rollback msconfig changes

2. Rollback msconfig changes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rollback msconfig changes: Hello! I've got a following issue: I changed option in msconfig to Diagnostic startup. After that I rebooted my laptop. Some updates have been installed after reboot. And after that I lost access to admin user - pin is not working with error 0x8007139f and I forgot last admin...
  3. Rollback msconfig changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rollback msconfig changes: Hello! I've got a following issue: I changed option in msconfig to Diagnostic startup. After that I rebooted my laptop. Some updates have been installed after reboot. And after that I lost access to admin user - pin is not working with error 0x8007139f and I forgot last admin...
  4. Msconfig Won't Save Changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Msconfig Won't Save Changes: I'm trying to change msconfig to Normal Startup but it won't save the changes. Fixes that I've tried:Creating a new admin account.Saving the changes in safe.Enabling start up services.I've been getting GPU driver crashes and this could be the cause of it....
  5. Msconfig Won't Save Changes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Msconfig Won't Save Changes: I'm trying to change msconfig to Normal Startup but it won't save the changes. Fixes that I've tried:Creating a new admin account.Saving the changes in safe.Enabling start up services.I've been getting GPU driver crashes and this could be the cause of it....
  6. Msconfig Won't Save Changes

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Msconfig not keeping changes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Msconfig not keeping changes: I am having problems with a program, and their help desk instructed to un-check "Load startup items", click Apply and click OK. When I do this I am not getting the expected restart message. When I reopen Msconfig, the change has not been made....
  8. msconfig changes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    msconfig changes: I took a picture of my msconfig and I noticed that in a day the numbers behind these 8 services changed they were DevicePicker_ DevicesFlow_ MessaginService_ Sync Host_ Contact data_ PrintWorkflow_ User data storage_ user data access_ they all had the same number...
  9. Msconfig changed and no more login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Msconfig changed and no more login: Trying to fix one problem has turned to a worse problem. I set msconfig to not load the start files and now I no longer get a login box. I get the main screen that shows time and date and the little screen icon bottom right with red X (no connections available). Click that...
  10. msconfig doesn't save changes

in Windows 10 Support
    msconfig doesn't save changes: Hello, I'm trying to edit some settings in the msconfig but when I click apply and ok it doesn't prompt me to restart the computer and when I open it back the settings are back to default.. I tried couple of things I found on the net like running System Configuration as...