Windows 10: Rolled back a windows update after a black screen issue, and now Windows wants me to update...

Discus and support Rolled back a windows update after a black screen issue, and now Windows wants me to update... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; And if not, how do I stop the update?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SidneyQED, Jan 18, 2021.

1. SidneyQED Win User

Rolled back a windows update after a black screen issue, and now Windows wants me to update...

And if not, how do I stop the update?

:)

SidneyQED, Jan 18, 2021

2. Windows update issues

It works, but I still need to fix it so that way I dont have to plug computers directly to the modem to get windows update to work. It was also blocking me from installing directx.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Jan 18, 2021
  3. Windows 7 black screen of death

I read a report a little while ago that said the black screens were nothing to do with updates but due to a malicious program (it hit more than just windows 7 users - vista, xp and 2000 were also prone to the black startup screen of death if infected). My windows 7 install is fully up-to-date and i've never had the black startup screen.

Just run some decent anti virus and you should be safe (i suggest microsoft security essentails since it's free and pretty decent). When you've installed an anti-virus i'd suggest doing a full scen to be sure there's nothing there.

human_error, Jan 18, 2021
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Rolled back a windows update after a black screen issue, and now Windows wants me to update...

Windows update issues

Came here to suggest this.*Laugh :laugh:

Definitely not an issue with the Windows Servers as I just re-installed yesterday and got all my updates.

newtekie1, Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

1. Rolled back a windows update after a black screen issue, and now Windows wants me to update... - Similar Threads - Rolled update black

2. Rolled back updates now internet not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rolled back updates now internet not working.: I think I added some optional features and must have had messed up my internet as I was using a different bios and had some issues connecting. There was a lot of updates and stuff changed I'm not really bright I just can't get my internet to work on games it's uploading web...
  3. Rolled back updates now internet not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rolled back updates now internet not working.: I think I added some optional features and must have had messed up my internet as I was using a different bios and had some issues connecting. There was a lot of updates and stuff changed I'm not really bright I just can't get my internet to work on games it's uploading web...
  4. Windows Update is not working after roll back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update is not working after roll back: Hello,I had a pop up to install Windows Update 22H2, which I originally did. However after update was completed, I've noticed that some of the games I play are very laggy. After searching the web, I've found out that this updates causes that for some games and the suggestion...
  5. Windows Update is not working after roll back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update is not working after roll back: Hello,I had a pop up to install Windows Update 22H2, which I originally did. However after update was completed, I've noticed that some of the games I play are very laggy. After searching the web, I've found out that this updates causes that for some games and the suggestion...
  6. Windows Update 20H2 - Rolled back and then issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update 20H2 - Rolled back and then issues: I have a Windows 10 Home Version 1909 on an old desktop PC. On March 9th, the Windows tried to update itself to version 20H2, but by some reason didn't manage to, and then rolled back to version 1909. Since this rolled-back update my wi-fi dongles have given several...
  7. Roll back Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Roll back Windows 10 update: I don't know if there was one last night, but I think there was. Now half my games won't load, my microphone won't work and Chrome setup itself to bing, which it's never done before, and I don't know why else than a windows update it would. almost all of my stuff is broken,...
  8. Screens now black after update

Screens now black after update: I had a techie update my 10 system to the latest (1903) but now most of my screens are black, particularly my desktop. Are there new commands in this build or something? I'm assuming it is to do with high contrast but maybe I'm looking in the wrong place? Before the update I...
  9. windows 10 updated to 1803 but on network issues i rolled back to version 1703. Now want to...

windows 10 updated to 1803 but on network issues i rolled back to version 1703. Now want to...: network issues i rolled back to version 1703. Now want to update to 1803 as solutions to networking are there https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/windows-10-updated-to-1803-but-on-network-issues-i/2d85cfd9-1dec-4b10-8992-e37c6a6decde
  10. How to update after rolling back

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to update after rolling back: So I rolled back the 393 build to the 372 build. Windows is smart enough to not re-update me to 393 when Windows check for updates. There should be a check box or something to allow the update. So now I want to go to 393 again but WU is not seeing it. How do I force it ?...