Windows 10: Rolling Back From Windows 10 To Your Older OS Appears Problematic

Discus and support Rolling Back From Windows 10 To Your Older OS Appears Problematic in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The only way to know if you like Windows 10 or not, of course, is to upgrade your system and give it a try. (Some 14 million people did just that in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Rolling Back From Windows 10 To Your Older OS Appears Problematic

Read more: Rolling Back From Windows 10 To Your Older OS Appears Problematic

Rolling Back From Windows 10 To Your Older OS Appears Problematic [​IMG]
    Tip How to Go Back to the Previous Windows from Windows 10

:)

Brink, Jul 31, 2015

2. Roll back to older OS

Can I roll back to my previous OS (Windows 8.1 with Bing) if I dont like the Windows 10 upgrade that is scheduled to be installed on or after July 29, 2015 ?

Shashank Cheruku, Jul 31, 2015
  3. Roll back to older OS

Can I uninstall Windows 10 if I do not like it or something goes wrong?

Yes, you can see the following:
    How to: Rollback to a previous version of Windows from Windows 10

I still recommend you create a thorough backup:

Backup your computer:

When making significant changes to your computer such as updating the operating system, you should always backup. See links to resources about backing up by clicking the link for the respective version of Windows you are running:

Windows XP
    Windows Vista
    Windows 7
    Windows 8/8.1

Also review:

How
    to manually backup and restore your files

How to: 10 Tips before
    installing the latest Windows 10 build

How to: 10 things
    to do if Windows 10 Setup fails.

Once you have installed these important updates and followed the prerequisite instructions, you should be ready to receive your
    free update to Windows 10 this summer.

Andre Da Costa, Jul 31, 2015
  4. Trust_No1 Win User

Trust_No1, Jul 31, 2015
  5. JoeShades Win User
    I did a restart of my PC and the windows old folder was gone, i went into recovery and the option to go back was no longer there. I don't even have a week

JoeShades, Jul 31, 2015
  6. LEE
    Lee Win User
    What do you mean by a "Hefty Price." It didn't cost me a thing. The Windows 8.1 was already three years old, and was an upgrade to Windows 8 which came with the specific Computer it was being used on. . . *Smile

In a debate class they call this making a claim with no backup. . .*Biggrin

7. Wenda Win User
    Not wearing that. Combined with forced updates, it's a game-breaker.

Rolling-back to 10162 as I type (I'm on the Win 7 machine while the big girl rolls back)
    then restoring 8.1 from an image while I sleep tonight.

I like 10240, but not enough to sacrifice my licence for the vastly superior 8.1.

Later I might throw a quick and dirty install of 7 on it, and upgrade over that.

Might.

Wenda, Jul 31, 2015
  8. LittleJay Win User

After I ran the upgrade of W7 to W10, I ran DISM and SFC /scannow. Both scans showed integrity errors and component store corruption. I tried doing both a reset and clean install of W10 and that didn't take care of the errors. So I restored a Macrium image of W7 and it still says that W7 is activated, but I wonder if this will be true if you restore an image after a month of running W10.

LittleJay, Jul 31, 2015
  9. Boozad Win User
    As long as users have installation media of their original OS then nothing is stopping them performing a clean install, the key will still be valid and will install fine (provided the hardware is still the same in OEM cases).

Boozad, Jul 31, 2015
  10. vgchat Win User
    This reply makes the most sense to me.

vgchat, Jul 31, 2015
  11. sygnus21 Win User
    I'm not sure I get that one as even if true of what's being speculated, the Windows.old folder would still (should) be there, its just that the PID for the old OS would be deactivated (presumably).

Anyway as the old saying goes... There Ain’t No Such Thing As A Free Lunch (TANSTAAFL).

This is like a bar offering free lunches. You go to the bar for the "free lunch" but suddenly find you’re paying for the drinks! Sure, you got a free lunch, but you still paid something... TANSTAAFL *Wink

sygnus21, Jul 31, 2015
  12. JoeShades Win User
    I am not going back to windows 8.1 anyway just found it odd that the folder was gone but i did get back alot of storage space

JoeShades, Jul 31, 2015
  13. Ztruker Win User

That's why an image backup before doing an upgrade like this is absolutely necessary.

Ztruker, Jul 31, 2015
  14. Wenda Win User
    And apparently a complete waste of time.

NONE of my 8.1 images will work, nor will they allow the repair tools to work.

They worked fine 3 weeks ago when I needed to reinstall 10162. But not now.

Can anyone say 'tricked'??? Because that's what I reckon we've been...

NOT happy AT ALL!!!

Wenda, Jul 31, 2015
  15. FD611V Win User
    I'm like a "few" others. I made the upgrade to Windows 10 on the 29th. Only taken about one hour to make the switch. However, after a couple days trying to understand all the changes and whatnots, and having troubles with items that didn't show up from Windows 7 Home. So, decided to retreat my steps and go back to Seven. I was expecting a lot of errors, and what ever would come my way. but, with the instructions I found on the Internet....as it is here. " Return To Windows 7 Home".... On Windows 10... click the start menu, select settings. Click the "Update and Security" icon and select "Recovery". You should see a "Go Back To Windows 7" menu. Click the Get Started Button To Get Rid Of Your Windows 10 Install and Restore Your Previous Windows Install. Microsoft will ask you if you want to go back...Click Yes.
    WOW: It only took 5 minutes to switch back to Windows 7 and all is well... I know, I'm using this computer that was upgraded to Windows 10 and now back to Windows 7. Go For It.

I'll wait a few months for Microsoft to iron out the "bugs" in the Windows 10, and just might upgrade to 10 later....

FD611V, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

1. Rolling Back From Windows 10 To Your Older OS Appears Problematic - Similar Threads - Rolling Older Appears

2. Roll back to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Roll back to Windows 10: My computer switched to windows 11. I want to go back to windows 10, but the 10 day period has expired. Do I have to buy a new product key to reinstall windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/roll-back-to-windows-10/cd2b6df8-7d91-4d5e-bd2a-761afd562069
  3. Roll back from Windows 11 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Roll back from Windows 11 to Windows 10: Hi Is there any way without doing a clean install to roll back to Windows 10.My system is well suited to run Windows 11 but it is causing apps to hang and massively slowing my productivity.Hoping there is an option available....
  4. Roll back from Windows 11 to Windows 10

Roll back from Windows 11 to Windows 10: Hi Is there any way without doing a clean install to roll back to Windows 10.My system is well suited to run Windows 11 but it is causing apps to hang and massively slowing my productivity.Hoping there is an option available....
  5. Roll back to windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Roll back to windows 10: I am having trouble rolling back from windows 11 to windows 10. I am on the system settings "Go Back" screen but it is not highlighted and says "This option is no longer avalible on this PC" I would like to roll back because i am experiencing frame rate drop in games, and i...
  6. Roll back to windows 10

Roll back to windows 10: I am having trouble rolling back from windows 11 to windows 10. I am on the system settings "Go Back" screen but it is not highlighted and says "This option is no longer avalible on this PC" I would like to roll back because i am experiencing frame rate drop in games, and i...
  7. Rolling back windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rolling back windows 10: So I had a genuine version of windows on my pc then I upgraded it to windows enterprise. But that version was pirated so if I roll back will I get genuine windows again?...
  8. Rolling back windows 10

Rolling back windows 10: So I had a genuine version of windows on my pc then I upgraded it to windows enterprise. But that version was pirated so if I roll back will I get genuine windows again?...
  9. Rolling back windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Rolling back from Windows 10 to Windows 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Rolling back from Windows 10 to Windows 7: I was using Windows 7 64 bit a little over a year ago and I wanted to try Windows 10 Upgrade. After I did the upgrade from 7 to 10 two day's later I hated 10 and wanted 7 back. I went into the settings and found the rollback but I could not get it to rollback because it said...