Windows 10: Rolling back to Windows 10 using OEM key

Discus and support Rolling back to Windows 10 using OEM key in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am using Dell Inspiron 14 5448 which was pre-installed withWindows 8 Single Language. Later I upgraded to Windows 10. For some reasons I had to reset... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Md Ashraful Islam, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Rolling back to Windows 10 using OEM key

I am using Dell Inspiron 14 5448 which was pre-installed withWindows 8 Single Language. Later I upgraded to Windows 10. For some reasons I had to reset my laptop and started using Linux for the last few years. Few months back I wanted to come back to windows. As I couldn't remember the product key, so I started using a cracked Windows 10 Pro. Now, after some research I found that my laptop has lifetime license for windows.

1. Someone mentioned in a post similar to mine that as the owner had Windows 8 Single Language, so he needs to download Windows 10 Version 1703. My question is if I use the media creation tool to download the latest iso file/create a installation media, would there be any problem?
    2. I have a lot of software and games installed right now. If I reinstall the windows 10 keeping everything instead of clean install, what kind of problems may arise?

:)

Md Ashraful Islam, Feb 3, 2020
  2. rtwjunkie Win User

my windows 10 oem didn't come with a product key

Dude, go to Newegg right now and read the questions and answers tab on Windows 10 OEM. The OEM copies that are listed there DO in fact, come on an optical disc. The flash drive ONLY comes on Retail copies.

rtwjunkie, Feb 3, 2020
  3. OneMoar Win User
    my windows 10 oem didn't come with a product key

indeed OEM's have embedded keys a OEM upgrade is for machines with OEM copies and DO NOT COME WITH A KEY! sadly many vendors confuse the two because pre-windows 10 'OEM" came with a key
    a end user should always buy a Retail OR "System builder OEM" copy when it comes to windows 10 system builder is not `OEM` you can blame microsoft for the retarded terminology screw up

it sounds like the op bought a pirated copy with no key microsoft does not ship windows 10 on optical disks .... they use flash drives

OneMoar, Feb 3, 2020
  4. jsalpha2 Win User

Rolling back to Windows 10 using OEM key

Windows 7 OEM key

Hope this is not against the rules. If you do a clean install of Windows 10, it may, (has for me) accept a Win 7 OEM key and activate.

jsalpha2, Feb 3, 2020
Thema:

Rolling back to Windows 10 using OEM key

1. Rolling back to Windows 10 using OEM key - Similar Threads - Rolling using OEM

2. Roll back to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Roll back to Windows 10: My computer switched to windows 11. I want to go back to windows 10, but the 10 day period has expired. Do I have to buy a new product key to reinstall windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/roll-back-to-windows-10/cd2b6df8-7d91-4d5e-bd2a-761afd562069
  3. Roll back to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Roll back to Windows 10: My computer switched to windows 11. I want to go back to windows 10, but the 10 day period has expired. Do I have to buy a new product key to reinstall windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/roll-back-to-windows-10/cd2b6df8-7d91-4d5e-bd2a-761afd562069
  4. Roll back to windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Roll back to windows 10: I am having trouble rolling back from windows 11 to windows 10. I am on the system settings "Go Back" screen but it is not highlighted and says "This option is no longer avalible on this PC" I would like to roll back because i am experiencing frame rate drop in games, and i...
  5. Roll back to windows 10

Roll back to windows 10: I am having trouble rolling back from windows 11 to windows 10. I am on the system settings "Go Back" screen but it is not highlighted and says "This option is no longer avalible on this PC" I would like to roll back because i am experiencing frame rate drop in games, and i...
  6. Rolling back windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rolling back windows 10: So I had a genuine version of windows on my pc then I upgraded it to windows enterprise. But that version was pirated so if I roll back will I get genuine windows again?...
  7. Rolling back windows 10

Rolling back windows 10: So I had a genuine version of windows on my pc then I upgraded it to windows enterprise. But that version was pirated so if I roll back will I get genuine windows again?...
  8. Rolling back windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Switching back to oem key

Switching back to oem key: When I bought my PC it came with a preinstalled windows 10 home , but then I changed the activation key to windows 10 given by my collage, and it has expired or not activating my window any longer ? I want to know how can I switch back to my own key which came with it...
  10. Rolling back to Windows 10

Rolling back to Windows 10: Can someone provide me with instructions for going back to Windows 10? I'm currently on the Windows 10 Home Insider Preview Build 18950.rs_prerelease.190726-1645. I would like to opt out of the Windows 10 preview program. Thank you!...