Windows 10: Rolling back updates manually?

Discus and support Rolling back updates manually? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've just had to reset my PC due to a number of issues I suspect were caused by the recent 2004 Update. I want to go back to 1909, but the reset... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/zentzin, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Rolling back updates manually?

I've just had to reset my PC due to a number of issues I suspect were caused by the recent 2004 Update. I want to go back to 1909, but the reset automatically installed 2004, so I have no update history to draw it from.

Does anyone know if there is a way to download 1909, and revert the update without having it in the system previously?

Thanks!

submitted by /u/zentzin
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/zentzin, Sep 15, 2020

2. Microsoft Advises Against Installing The Creators Update Manually

Really *Laugh :laugh:*Laugh :laugh:*Laugh :laugh:*Laugh :laugh:*Roll :roll:*Roll :roll:*Roll :roll: Microsoft having a Vista flashback*Roll :roll:*Bang Head :banghead:

dorsetknob, Sep 15, 2020
  3. haan Win User
    Windows 10 Manual Updates Management

I have just installed windows 10. When windows 10 is updating (and only when its updating) there is a chance the system will randomly hang/freeze.

This is very annoying and happens often but, only when updating.

In an attempt to avoid this problem, I have decided to manually download and install updates.

To do so, I have to do the following.

1. Disable Windows 10 automatic updates.
    2. While windows 10 updates are disabled find and list all the required updates (preferable with a dependency tree of some kind)
    3. Download the required updates manually.
    4. Install the required updates manually.

I was able to figure out the steps (1) and (3) (and I'm guessing step (4) is a simple execution)

How should I go about achieving step (2)?

4. Rolling back updates manually?

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

Rolling back updates manually?

1. Rolling back updates manually? - Similar Threads - Rolling updates manually

2. Windows 11 system update auto/manual keeps Intel Graphics driver update rolling back to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 system update auto/manual keeps Intel Graphics driver update rolling back to...: Hi,So my laptop manufacturer is ASUS and it is loaded with integrated Intel UHD graphics as well as NVDIA dedicated graphics. I always like to keep my driver's up to date so that everything runs smoothly. Recently I thought of updating my Intel graphics driver of my new...
  3. Windows 11 system update auto/manual keeps Intel Graphics driver update rolling back to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 system update auto/manual keeps Intel Graphics driver update rolling back to...: Hi,So my laptop manufacturer is ASUS and it is loaded with integrated Intel UHD graphics as well as NVDIA dedicated graphics. I always like to keep my driver's up to date so that everything runs smoothly. Recently I thought of updating my Intel graphics driver of my new...
  4. roll back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    roll back: hi, im on windows 10 21h2 and i need to roll back to windows 10 20h2 so i can run some programs, i know i need to run the media creation tool but its called 21h2 so wont that just leave it as 21h2? can any one tell me what i need to do to rollback to it, please explain in...
  5. roll back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    roll back: hi, im on windows 10 21h2 and i need to roll back to windows 10 20h2 so i can run some programs, i know i need to run the media creation tool but its called 21h2 so wont that just leave it as 21h2? can any one tell me what i need to do to rollback to it, please explain in...
  6. roll back

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Update Won't Roll Back

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update Won't Roll Back: Patch Tuesday was 2 days ago. This morning, when I rebooted, something had trashed my desktop, 2 email programs, Word, most of my startups, etc. I assume this was Windows Update but can't be sure. Win is now Version 1903 (Build 18362.1082); was 1903 but I don't know what...
  8. Roll back Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Roll back Windows 10 update: I don't know if there was one last night, but I think there was. Now half my games won't load, my microphone won't work and Chrome setup itself to bing, which it's never done before, and I don't know why else than a windows update it would. almost all of my stuff is broken,...
  9. How to update after rolling back

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to update after rolling back: So I rolled back the 393 build to the 372 build. Windows is smart enough to not re-update me to 393 when Windows check for updates. There should be a check box or something to allow the update. So now I want to go to 393 again but WU is not seeing it. How do I force it ?...
  10. Updates keep failing and rolling back.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updates keep failing and rolling back.: Windows keeps trying to update and when it restarts to finish it fails and reverses it. Im not sure which update is causing this.. 59923