Windows 10: Rolling BSOD due to GPU drivers

Discus and support Rolling BSOD due to GPU drivers in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My Windows 10 laptop entered a boot loop after installing new GPU drivers in an attempt to get my laptop to recognise my GPU instead of using the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by EthanRos, Aug 24, 2019.

1. EthanRos Win User

Rolling BSOD due to GPU drivers

My Windows 10 laptop entered a boot loop after installing new GPU drivers in an attempt to get my laptop to recognise my GPU instead of using the windows default adapter. I did a full reset of my PC thinking it would get rid of the drivers but all that managed to accomplish was the deletion of all my stuff as well as the administrator account that lets you use most of the recovery options.

I have tried starting in Safe mode normally, with networking, and using low-resolution mode but none got past the blue screen. The codes are “video_tdr_failure” and “atikmpag.sys.” As I said, I believe that reinstalling the drivers would fix it, but I don’t know how to accomplish that without being able to use safe mode

During additional fiddling I was somehow able to get into command prompt and startup repair but I don’t remember how. Anyway, startup repair said it was unable to fix the problem and in command prompt I used chkdsk on both my C and D drives as well as smartdisc and SFC, none of which solved the issue.

I’m an exchange student who doesn’t have a car due to just arriving so I’d like to try to fix this myself before going to a costly repair place off campus. Thanks in advance for any help.

:)

EthanRos, Aug 24, 2019
  2. alexsubri Win User

BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    Rolling BSOD due to GPU drivers [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, Aug 24, 2019
  3. GPU driver updated, overriding nVidia driver, resulting in dxgmm2.sys BSoD

I updated to Windows 10 Pro. I installed the latest nVidia driver and everything was working fine.

The next day, I get an alert saying gpu driver was updated. I think that is odd. Then a few hours later, while playing a game, I get the BSoD saying dxgmm2.sys crashed.

A potential WORKAROUND is "rolling" back the driver (how cute engineers).

We need a permanent solution. Windows does not have any business updating drivers for discrete gpus made by other companies. These companies release their own drivers.

randomname00, Aug 24, 2019
  4. Rolling BSOD due to GPU drivers

BSOD Windows 10 - Driver Verifier causing windows to boot loop and carnt get BSOD to find driver at fault. need help!

Right, I have done a lot of testing over the weekend and these are the results;

1. disabled gpu = BSOD
    2. removed gpu drivers and gpu from system = BSOD
    3. removed battery and cleared CMOS
    4. tried a old AMD gpu and driver = BSOD
    5. moved ram from stots A2 & B2 to A1 & B1 = BSOD
    6. ram a single ram stick in A2 = BSOD
    7. ram the other ram stick in A2 = BSOD
    8. disconnected corsair lighting node pro = BSOD
    9. sfc /scannow = no issues
    10. updated all windows 10 + drivers to the latest versions = BSOD
    11. enabled driver verifier = BSOD (creative video capture driver shown as issue
    12. uninstalled creative software and drivers = BSOD
    so where do I go from here? (other that throwing my 2k computer that's less than a year old out my window)

some of todays dump data

Chris_Neale, Aug 24, 2019
Thema:

Rolling BSOD due to GPU drivers

1. Rolling BSOD due to GPU drivers - Similar Threads - Rolling BSOD due

2. BSOD From GPU Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD From GPU Drivers: When I reinstalled my GPU Drivers, my PC always blue screens with various causes every time. I can not start up and get 2 seconds into windows.After some experimenting, I found that I could only have one stick of RAM in my PC in the second slot and it works just fine. I got a...
  3. BSOD From GPU Drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD From GPU Drivers: When I reinstalled my GPU Drivers, my PC always blue screens with various causes every time. I can not start up and get 2 seconds into windows.After some experimenting, I found that I could only have one stick of RAM in my PC in the second slot and it works just fine. I got a...
  4. BSOD From GPU Drivers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD due to installation of driver updates.

BSOD due to installation of driver updates.: Started with BSOD - hswultpep.sys after installing new drivers. Tried to repair but nothing and now error 0xc00000f. I have tried to reset and recover but nothing will go through and also no restore points. I have tried to install via USB but no option appears available like...
  6. BSOD due to drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD due to drivers: My pc has been crashing sometimes lately. The Windows log state a task-id 41 with category 63 kernel-power. I've done some research, but since this is a very common and general issue, I started searching in combination with the bugcheckcode, which in my case is 307. I saw a...
  7. BSOD due to drivers

BSOD due to drivers: My pc has been crashing sometimes lately. The Windows log state a task-id 41 with category 63 kernel-power. I've done some research, but since this is a very common and general issue, I started searching in combination with the bugcheckcode, which in my case is 307. I saw a...
  8. Multiple BSODs - potentially due to drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple BSODs - potentially due to drivers: Hey there,My computer has BSOD'd four or five times in the past two days. The errors it's come up with have been System Service ExceptionIRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALKMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLEDIt has been repeatedly trying to boot after these issues, but needs time to reset before...
  9. BSOD Due to Driver Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD Due to Driver Issues: Hi MS Community, I've recently built a new PC for gaming and have encountered BSOD a few times this week. I ran driver verifier and my computer crashed on boot up, so I think it's safe to say this is a driver issue. I'm not sure how to read the DMP file, so I was hoping...
  10. BSOD/Freezes due to driver issue?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD/Freezes due to driver issue?: Hello, I am getting random crashes/BSOD instances. Here is the latest dump file from the last crash. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqrnCEskSvi4azyHKU_ITur-HvU I have performed a clean install, clean boot, disabled video card drivers, etc. I am trying to rule out hardware, it...