Windows 10: Root Admin Account - change Windows Account

Discus and support Root Admin Account - change Windows Account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Not sure how, but prior to my setting my Windows account on my root Admin account, a member of my family attached their windows account. Is there any... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by cboshdave, Dec 14, 2019.

1. cboshdave Win User

Root Admin Account - change Windows Account

Not sure how, but prior to my setting my Windows account on my root Admin account, a member of my family attached their windows account. Is there any way to change that? Everything in my searches says I have to setup another Admin account and delete the problem one. I will lose a bunch of stuff unless I copy it all properly. What a pain! I'm hoping there is a more elegant solution? Version 1809 Build: 17763.914

Thanks,
    Dave

:)

cboshdave, Dec 14, 2019
  2. NinkobEi Win User

windows 7 hidden admin account infected

visit safemode, log into admin account. download malwarebytes (or transfer from usb). run malwarebytes. exit safe mode. run an updated malwarebytes on admin account. eat some pie ;D

NinkobEi, Dec 14, 2019
  3. Hidden Admin Account Infected - Help

Somehow my windows 7 hidden admin account got infected. I cannot open regedit, task manager or any virus program.. in fact.. most programs wont work.. but my regular everyday account is fine.

The problem is this: I have been infected in my regular account before.. and running virus tools from my hidden admin account fixes them.. but I cannot do the reverse now because my regular account doesn't have access to my admin account.

I know what the virus is.. its a rouge antivirus.. it mostly annoying.. Programs do open up for a split second before this rouge antivirus program closes it again and then lies and gives me a message that says, " Cannot open this program, the program is infected" LOL

Its putting a lot of adware on my system but not crippling it.. but only in the admin account.

What are your ideas?

John Phoenix, Dec 14, 2019
  4. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Dec 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Root Admin Account - change Windows Account - Similar Threads - Root Admin Account

2. PC admin account change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC admin account change: When I purchased my pc they set up the Adminstrator email account using the email I placed the order under, a gmail account. Is there a simple method of changing this admin email accoun on my pc without losing my the connection to my MS account and Windows 11 installation....
  3. PC admin account change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC admin account change: When I purchased my pc they set up the Adminstrator email account using the email I placed the order under, a gmail account. Is there a simple method of changing this admin email accoun on my pc without losing my the connection to my MS account and Windows 11 installation....
  4. Can't Change Account to Admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Change Account to Admin: I just bought my computer 2 weeks ago and it came with Windows 11 already installed. My wife was the first one to log in and I guess she became the Administrator account. I got annoyed of having to use her Gmail password to sign in so I found a way to log in without using a...
  5. Can't Change Account to Admin

Can't Change Account to Admin: I just bought my computer 2 weeks ago and it came with Windows 11 already installed. My wife was the first one to log in and I guess she became the Administrator account. I got annoyed of having to use her Gmail password to sign in so I found a way to log in without using a...
  6. Change admin account email

Change admin account email: I just miss wrote email address in admin account.How can I change that email address. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-admin-account-email/598b6da2-30a0-42c7-b2b2-f2625d11c634
  7. How to change account admin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to change account admin: How do I change the admin of my account? It was never verified because, as I have discovered, my email address was incorrectly entered when it was set up. I have my address set up now as a family member but cannot delete the incorrect address. Help?!? in simplest steps...
  8. Change Microsoft Admin Account

Change Microsoft Admin Account: I am the admin on my family's laptop, and want to switch it to my mother. My microsoft account was compromised awhile ago, so I changed the email and password on my Microsoft account and the previous email is no longer usable. The problem is that I am not able to sign in to...
  9. Change admin account password

Change admin account password: I am running WIN10 build 18362. I have the admin PW (not my MS account PW) so can login. I wish to change the admin PW. There are no other accounts on the machine. How can I make the change?...
  10. How to change admin account to child account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to change admin account to child account: Hi I recently upgraded a HP computer from Windows 7 to Windows 10 pro using the Windows update/free Upgrade. How can I change my childs admin account to a child account? The account is registered With a Microsoft account and i have added my Microsoft account as a...