Windows 10: Root Cause Analysis - System Reboot - v1809 (Windows Server 2019)

Discus and support Root Cause Analysis - System Reboot - v1809 (Windows Server 2019) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, Thanks in advance for any responses. My OS is actually Windows Server 2019 Essentials, however I am looking for general troubleshooting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Malitz, Jun 8, 2021.

1. Malitz Win User

Root Cause Analysis - System Reboot - v1809 (Windows Server 2019)

Hi all, Thanks in advance for any responses. My OS is actually Windows Server 2019 Essentials, however I am looking for general troubleshooting guidance related. ########## SYMPTOM ########## OS Reboots when NVMe SSD begins experiencing heavy write activity. ######### ERRORS ######### After this symptom occurs, I see this error in my BIOS (before the OS loads). "GPT header corruption has been detected, please check SATA mode setting in BIOS Setup, or you can use (Boot Sector(MBR/GPT) Policy) item under (Boot Configuration) page to recovery GPT header." If I can change the related BIOS setting to "Auto Recovery", then this message disappears after a reboot, but it does not prevent the reboot symptom from occurring. ########### HARDWARE ########### MOBO: Asus ROG XIII Maximus Hero OS SSD: Corsair Force GT 180TB M2: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB CPU: i9-11900k ######### NOTES ######### - The symptom triggers when I start a heavy write to the NVMe drive. It does not occur if I perform the same write operations to a HDD. Any suggestions on what to look at would be appreciated.

:)

Malitz, Jun 8, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Jun 8, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    VulnScan - Automated Triage & Root Cause Analysis of Memory Corruption

Read more: VulnScan - Automated Triage and Root Cause Analysis of Memory Corruption Issues Defense

Brink, Jun 8, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Security baseline (DRAFT) for Windows 10 v1809 and Windows Server 2019

Source: Security baseline (DRAFT) for Windows 10 v1809 and Windows Server 2019 Microsoft Security Guidance blog

Download: Windows-10-1809-Security-Baseline-DRAFT.zip

Brink, Jun 8, 2021
Thema:

1. Root Cause Analysis - System Reboot - v1809 (Windows Server 2019) - Similar Threads - Root Cause Analysis

2. CD Playback Static in Windows 11 – but not in Linux – on AM5 Desktop – A Root Cause Analysis

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CD Playback Static in Windows 11 – but not in Linux – on AM5 Desktop – A Root Cause Analysis: Updating my old desktop into a Windows 11-capable AM5 AMD computer proceeded without a hitch 3 weeks ago.New components include an ASUS Prime X670E-Pro WIFI motherboard, a Ryzen 9 7900 CPU, and 32GB of G.Skill Trident Z5 RAM. Retained components include a Seasonic Prime...
  3. Unexpected reboot on windows 2019 server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unexpected reboot on windows 2019 server: Hi All,I have windows 2019 server which got unexpected reboot due to a bugcheck. I have ran SFC scan and Chkdsk to check for any problems. Reviewed performance graphs. But no luck. So I finally checked minidump and it showed the following Analysis.Microsoft R Windows Debugger...
  4. Unexpected reboot on windows 2019 server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unexpected reboot on windows 2019 server: Hi All,I have windows 2019 server which got unexpected reboot due to a bugcheck. I have ran SFC scan and Chkdsk to check for any problems. Reviewed performance graphs. But no luck. So I finally checked minidump and it showed the following Analysis.Microsoft R Windows Debugger...
  5. Unexpected reboot on windows 2019 server

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. System frequently reboots without warning, unable to determine root cause

System frequently reboots without warning, unable to determine root cause: Since May 29, 2020, my computer has been randomly rebooting with no root cause I've been able to identify. Prior to that point in time, it was completely stable. [ATTACH] I've done a memory check with both the Windows Memory checker and Memtest86+. Neither of these...
  7. Windows Server 2019 Licensing System

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Server 2019 Licensing System: I know that by default Windows Server 2019 comes with a license for 16 cores, and one has to buy additional licenses if he has more than 16 cores server. My question is that if I install Windows Server 2019 without any additional/extra licenses on a server machine that has...
  8. Rebooted from a bugcheck. How to find root cause for this?

Rebooted from a bugcheck. How to find root cause for this?: How to find rrot cause for this? The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000124 (0x0000000000000000, 0xffffb50de0b488f8, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\103118-19406-01.dmp. Report Id:...
  9. Security baseline (DRAFT) for Windows 10 v1809 and Windows Server 2019

in Windows 10 News
    Security baseline (DRAFT) for Windows 10 v1809 and Windows Server 2019: Microsoft is pleased to announce the draft release of the security configuration baseline settings for Windows 10 version 1809 (a.k.a., “Redstone 5” or “RS5”), and for Windows Server 2019. Please evaluate these proposed baselines and send us your feedback via blog comments...
  10. VulnScan - Automated Triage & Root Cause Analysis of Memory Corruption

in Windows 10 News
    VulnScan - Automated Triage & Root Cause Analysis of Memory Corruption: The Microsoft Security Response Center (MSRC) receives reports about potential vulnerabilities in our products and it’s the job of our engineering team to assess the severity, impact, and root cause of these issues. In practice, a significant proportion of these reports turn...