Windows 10: Root Cause for Bluescreens

Discus and support Root Cause for Bluescreens in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Dear Community, Unfortunately I've encountered many bluescreens in the last two months after an initial update to Windows 10 1909 failed. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AnitaJonkers, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Root Cause for Bluescreens

Dear Community,

Unfortunately I've encountered many bluescreens in the last two months after an initial update to Windows 10 1909 failed. I've contacted the Microsoft Support multiple times and they have always been quite helpful, unfortunately to this day I don't know the root cause of the blue screens that still appear.

I thought I figured it out, because I can at least trigger the blue screen quite consistently when loading certain save games on a specific game. The game doesn't only crash, it ends with a blue screen mostly IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I thought that would be the "only" trigger, but just a couple of minutes ago I got the same BSOD when starting Google Chrome.

I've added the recent minidump files plus the MsInfo file here in my OneDrive: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Auua6DW2odDVgadB-3QsP8rQRQmueg?e=AYruW9

A little background:

I put the computer together myself in April last year. I haven't had any issues with it - and also played that specific game. As mentioned, this all started in the beginning of February when I noticed the update to 1909 failing. Since then it just gotten worse.

Amongst all the other things that you can do from restoring images, over scans and even a complete re-install of Windows I today also tried the driver verifier again. While it was testing the drivers the computer crashed regularly, quickly and without any real interaction of myself. It was a struggle to turn it off again, as also the start with command line just ended in a blue screen during start-up.

Whatever the root cause it, whether it is a faulty hardware or a buggy software: I'd just like to find out and fix or replace it.

So any help you can give me is highly appreciated!

Thanks a ton, all the best and most importantly right now: stay healthy!

:)

AnitaJonkers, Mar 25, 2020
  2. stony2k Win User

KB3163018 causes bluescreen in DirectX DXGMMS1.sys when I maximize video

Still have the same problem.

My setup:

• Lenovo W530
    • Windows 10 64bit
    • Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
    • NVIDIA Quadro K2000M

Just installed the anniversary update, updated my BIOS, intel graphics card driver and SSD firmware. Fullscreen applications like YouTube still cause a bluescreen.

Any suggestions Microsoft?

stony2k, Mar 25, 2020
  3. Rebooted from a bugcheck. How to find root cause for this?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture.

Based on the error code you have mentioned, I suggest you to try the below mentioned steps from the article on how to

fix Blue screen errors

1. Since when are you getting this error?
    2. Have you recently made any changes on the device?
    3. What is the exact bluescreen error message you have received?
    4. What is the make and model of the device?

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Mar 25, 2020
  4. Root Cause for Bluescreens

bluescreen

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community.

I understand that it can be frustrating for you when the computer shows bluescreen errors. Bluescreen errors are usually caused due to faulty hardware or drivers. We will try to narrow down the cause of the issue by performing a few steps.

1. Do you get bluescreen errors randomly or while performing any specific actions such as playing a game or running any particular application?
    2. Do you see any error code along with the message “DRIVERS POWER STATE FAILURE”?
    3. Are there any external devices connected to your computer?

The usual causes for bluescreen errors are Graphic card drivers and Network adapter drivers. We can go ahead and try to update the drivers.

Refer the article Update drivers in Windows 10 on how to update Graphic card
    and Network drivers.

You may also refer the article Troubleshoot blue screen errors
    for additional troubleshooting steps to fix the issue.

You can reply to this post if you need further assistance

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

Root Cause for Bluescreens

1. Root Cause for Bluescreens - Similar Threads - Root Cause Bluescreens

2. Root cause of a crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Root cause of a crash: My computer BSOD'd recently because of a game, and I've run the Windbg, but I don't know how to read & analyze the output:minidump: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgqNtwl2mN3ShVZ9O2TQVOXwtuoa?e=YVXDEg************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories...
  3. Root cause of a crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Root cause of a crash: My computer BSOD'd recently because of a game, and I've run the Windbg, but I don't know how to read & analyze the output:minidump: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgqNtwl2mN3ShVZ9O2TQVOXwtuoa?e=YVXDEg************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories...
  4. Can't determine root cause of BSOD

Can't determine root cause of BSOD: Hi there,I'm getting constant but random BSOD reboots a day. Happens around 5 times a day or so at random intervals. The blue screen error that pops up before reboot only lasts half a second so I can't read the exact error message.I've looked in event viewer, but nothing...
  5. Can't determine root cause of BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't determine root cause of BSOD: Hi there,I'm getting constant but random BSOD reboots a day. Happens around 5 times a day or so at random intervals. The blue screen error that pops up before reboot only lasts half a second so I can't read the exact error message.I've looked in event viewer, but nothing...
  6. root cause of mdump

in Windows 10 Gaming
    root cause of mdump: Out application crashed due to Out Of Memory. I need to check on the root cause of it. When I ran mdump on winDBG, I got the output mentioned below. What can be the cause for getting this dump due to - MODULE_NAME: java_exe, IMAGE_NAME: java.exe, and FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:...
  7. root cause of mdump

root cause of mdump: Out application crashed due to Out Of Memory. I need to check on the root cause of it. When I ran mdump on winDBG, I got the output mentioned below. What can be the cause for getting this dump due to - MODULE_NAME: java_exe, IMAGE_NAME: java.exe, and FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:...
  8. root cause of mdump

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. BSOD root causes

BSOD root causes: Memory dump here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bYN284L619R0-j5t7UTbkyyZx5P2m2t6/view?usp=sharing I'm seeing my computer crash when returning from hibernate; event log includes events that say: Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC0000001....
  10. Identifying root cause of BYOD

Identifying root cause of BYOD: Hi, I've got a computer with a BYOD about every half an hour or less. So far I have: Looked up BYOD codes and tried the following: 1. Rolled back drivers for ones updated before the BYOD started occuring 2. Applied outstanding Windows Updates 3. Checked for any BIOS...