Windows 10: root cause found: boot critical file c:\efi\microsoft\boot\resources\custom\bootres.dll is...

Discus and support root cause found: boot critical file c:\efi\microsoft\boot\resources\custom\bootres.dll is... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello Community, I recently had a Windows update, on 12/11/2018, and restarted my HP Envy, then when I Windows turned on after restart, I received... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Hrsmen, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Hrsmen Win User

root cause found: boot critical file c:\efi\microsoft\boot\resources\custom\bootres.dll is...

Hello Community,

I recently had a Windows update, on 12/11/2018, and restarted my HP Envy, then when I Windows turned on after restart, I received another notice of another update. I hit restart and they downloaded, and when the computer was booting back up, I started seeing messages of attempting repair and all kinds of another stuff. A blue screen came up with a log of issues, and after looking up log, this is the info listed at the end of the log:

root cause found: boot critical file c:\efi\microsoft\boot\resources\custom\bootres.dll is corrupt

I have tried to to restore to previous dates prior to the updates, but it would not go through and I kept getting the message that is was attempting to repair issues and the same log info came up.

Thank,

Hrsmen

:)

Hrsmen, Dec 14, 2018

2. VM stuck in boot loop: Boot critical file C:\EFI\Microsoft\boot\resources\custom\bootres.dll is corrupt

A VM I built for a coworker has crashed and will not boot. It boots to a blue-screen. When I tried to run startup repair I found this in the error log:

Looking online for this error, I cannot seem to find any conclusive way to fix this. Worth mentioning: I cloned this VM, so I do have a copy of the original bootres.dll file. Should I just try and replace the corrupted BootRes.DLL file? The VM is running on a VMware ESXi 6.0 hypervisor. The VM uses UEFI.

KidACrimson, Dec 14, 2018
  3. GarthH_BI Win User
    KB4100347 caueses infinate autorepair loop on XeonE5-2690 on x79 booting from NVMe

error message from SrtTrail log file

Root cause found:

---------------------------

Boot critical file c:\efi\microsoft\boot\resources\custom\bootres.dll is corrupt.

Repair action: File repair

Result: Failed. Error code = 0x57

Time taken = 1094 ms

Same error as when I lost everything earlier this week.

GarthH_BI, Dec 14, 2018
  4. root cause found: boot critical file c:\efi\microsoft\boot\resources\custom\bootres.dll is...

Boot critical file C:\EFI\Microsoft\boot\resources\custom\bootres.dll is corrupt

Disable Secure boot. After,

Change Boot list option to Legacy

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Dec 14, 2018
Thema:

root cause found: boot critical file c:\efi\microsoft\boot\resources\custom\bootres.dll is...

1. root cause found: boot critical file c:\efi\microsoft\boot\resources\custom\bootres.dll is... - Similar Threads - root cause found

2. Create files on C: root

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Create files on C: root: Hi all, I need non-admin users to create files in c: root due to a poor written Epson x32 app.Hence I've added these 2 special permissions in c:\:. users: create files in this folder only. auth users: create folders in this folder only. creator owner: full control in files...
  3. Create files on C: root

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create files on C: root: Hi all, I need non-admin users to create files in c: root due to a poor written Epson x32 app.Hence I've added these 2 special permissions in c:\:. users: create files in this folder only. auth users: create folders in this folder only. creator owner: full control in files...
  4. .dll file not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .dll file not found: Hi, I hope someone can help with these problem I'm having now. So i installed windows 10 on my new ssd a legit copy of window from Microsoft of course and then i moved autodesk program file from my hard drive to my nvme ssd and now when i try to open autocad windows gives me...
  5. .dll file not found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .dll file not found: Hi, I hope someone can help with these problem I'm having now. So i installed windows 10 on my new ssd a legit copy of window from Microsoft of course and then i moved autodesk program file from my hard drive to my nvme ssd and now when i try to open autocad windows gives me...
  6. .dll file not found

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. DLL files not found

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    DLL files not found: An old game which should be compatible fails to load claiming multiple DLL files are missing. I have checked they are all there as well as reinstalling every single one. Still tells me there not present. Can anybody tell me what's going on or how I can fix it? I've already...
  8. Strange file in C:\ root?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange file in C:\ root?: Sorry for the asinine question but does anyone have any idea what this file is that's just appeared in the root of my C:\ drive? https://ibb.co/TMgVDzF submitted by /u/D3SOL4TE [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k39uqr/strange_file_in_c_root/
  9. Root cause found: Boot critical file c:\efi\microsoft\boot \resources\custom\bootres.dll is...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Root cause found: Boot critical file c:\efi\microsoft\boot \resources\custom\bootres.dll is...: recently i connected my flash drive to my system but it was in accesible so i decided to restart my computer and when it loads to my surprise it froze on “preparing automatic repair”. Then i went to a bunch of websites including this and now am in note pad with an error named...
  10. Adding a file to the root of C drive. Will this cause problems ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding a file to the root of C drive. Will this cause problems ?: This is a bit of an odd one. I use a program that calls up data from a text file. This means I have many copies of the same file scattered in various project folders which is messy for a variety of reasons, not least having dozens of the same file exist. Placing the...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to fix Boot critical file c:\efi\microsoft\boot\resources\custom\bootres.dll is corrupt error

2. c: efi microsft boot resource

3. efi microsoft boot resources custom bootres.dll

4. c:\efi\microsoft\boot\resources\custom\bootres.dll doesnt exist,
  5. bootres.dll is corrupt windows,
  6. root cause found: boot critical fike C:\efi\microsoft\boot\resources\custom\bootres.dll corrupt,
  7. boot critical file bootres.dll corrupt windows 10 0x57,
  8. boot critical file c:\efi\microsoft\boot\resources\custom\bootres.dll is corrupt.repair action: file repairresult: failed. error code = 0x57,
  9. bootres.dll is corrupt,
  10. uefi custom bootres,
  11. c:\windows\boot\resources\custom\bootres.dll does not exist,
  12. c:\efi\microsoft\boot\resources\custom\bootres.dll is corrupt.,
  13. 0x57 bootres.dll,
  14. c: efi microsoft boot resource,
  15. boot critical file e:\efi\microsoft\boot\resources\custom\bootres.dll