Windows 10: Root Certificate Browser Error (started to appear randomly)

Discus and support Root Certificate Browser Error (started to appear randomly) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey guys, I'm having a bit of trouble with my Lenovo x220 laptop. At first I had installed the RTM 10240 version and then updated it to Build... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by heyyahblah, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Root Certificate Browser Error (started to appear randomly)

Hey guys, I'm having a bit of trouble with my Lenovo x220 laptop.

At first I had installed the RTM 10240 version and then updated it to Build 10586. Once I updated I noticed the computer started to behave erratic random freezes at boot up, forcing me to hold the power key down to turn off and reset, would do this a couple of times until it would boot.

Finally I couldn't figure out the problem so on DEC 9, I said "f-it" and formatted the machine with clean build of 10586 using the Microsoft official tool and media creation. Everything seemed to be working fine, drivers and files downloaded and installed automatically. Installed all my programs and customized it the way I like it. Everything seemed to be running fine, last time I used the machine was DEC 13th.

No new programs or software has been installed since that time. At the time I last used it I was just surfing the web and using firefox, and watching youtube. No games, no installs, no new programs, nothing. I double checked program manager, and last time any programs were installed was on DEC 9, but like I said it was working fine since. Today when I booted, Windows installed updates and now on every reset I am getting this particular error on boot,

An attempt to add the root certificate to all known browsers on your computer failed.

And yea, I have no clue what this means or how to solve it. I did already run an /sfc scannow as admin command prompt and everything came back A-OK ....

Can anyone point me in the right direction? This is the 2nd time W10 has gone flaky on me on this machine. I'm trying to give this OS a "chance" and work my way through it, but common this is the 2nd error already since using W10 on this laptop that it's going screwy. I am keeping all programs to a minimum on here in case I have any compatibility issues.

Thank You.,

Root Certificate Browser Error (started to appear randomly) [​IMG]

:)

heyyahblah, Dec 17, 2015

2. Certificates

Randomly my phone decided not to recognize cert's that I had installed. Mainly the Root authority for my Exchange server. I look under the certificate manager and the certificate is there but if I try to connect to exchange I get an error, also in IE
    I get the error telling me I have not chosen to trust the issuer of the certificate.

I have already removed the certificate and reinstalled it, still nothing. Any ideas?

Anonymous610, Dec 17, 2015
  3. Seth Diaz Win User
    Windows Phone 7 Exchange Certificate Problems

I don't believe that is the issue in this case. The problem as I understand it is that the SSL certificate that the OPs Exchange server uses has errors, such as an untrusted root (because it's a self-signed certificate or was issued by an internal CA).
    It appears that others have resolved the issue by emailing the certificate to themselves, adding it to the phone then rebooting.

Seth Diaz, Dec 17, 2015
  4. shehan813 Win User

Root Certificate Browser Error (started to appear randomly)

Same Problem Here. Please help me. How to fix this problem. I can't understand about '/sfc scannow as admin'

shehan813, Jan 18, 2016
  5. MAXIQ Win User
    i think it is your anti virus program, check if you have in your anti virus settings "add security certificate to known browsers", disable it or uncheck it, exit your anti virus program settings.

Well you have 2 choices either restart your computer or go back to settings again and enable or check "add security certificate to known browsers" setting, i would go with the second choice before restarting, if didn't work try restart then enter the settings and enable "add security certificate to known browsers" again.

MAXIQ, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Root Certificate Browser Error (started to appear randomly)

1. Root Certificate Browser Error (started to appear randomly) - Similar Threads - Root Certificate Browser

2. A certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by...: Hi,I have found same Microsoft files but with different hashes have different reputations and there are some problems with signature verfication like below figure event though the signer is Microsoft Corporation. what is the reason for this issue? A certificate chain...
  3. A certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by...: Hi,I have found same Microsoft files but with different hashes have different reputations and there are some problems with signature verfication like below figure event though the signer is Microsoft Corporation. what is the reason for this issue? A certificate chain...
  4. Server Root Certificate?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Server Root Certificate?: Hello,I have had serious network issues in my home. Former neighbor installed Pineapple in wall before he left. Anyways, I have a HP Omen running windows 10 Pro. It appears somebody has access to the PC by way of remote connection. PC acts as a server. I noticed a “Root...
  5. Group Policy Lockdown: Install Root Certificate

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Group Policy Lockdown: Install Root Certificate: Hello,I am looking to implement a mitigation recommendation from MITRE outlined on the following page:https://attack.mitre.org/techniques/T1553/004/The recommendation is to prevent users from installing their own root certificate with non-admin privileges through a change in...
  6. Can't disable Automatic Root Certificates Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't disable Automatic Root Certificates Update: I run a clean install of Windows 10 Pro 20H2 19043.844 and if I disable Windows Automatic Root Certificate Update via GPEdit.msc then my internet stops working and all attempts at domain resolution fail. If try to disable Automatic Root Certificate Update by blocking...
  7. SSL certificate errors across all browsers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SSL certificate errors across all browsers: Recently, a lot of websites have been breaking for me with SSL certificate errors across all browsers. These websites work perfectly fine on other devices on the same network. Examples of these websites include reddit, howtogeek etc. Screenshots: Edge Firefox My windows...
  8. Microsoft Root Certificate 2011.cer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Root Certificate 2011.cer: Does anyone kwno what are the minimum versions of MS Windows 7 and Windows 10 that incluces the "MicrosoftRootCertificateAuthority2011.cer" file? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-root-certificate-2011cer/4a6aca92-fa7b-40a2-959d-4c440f3ec91d
  9. Root Certificate error message before running Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Root Certificate error message before running Windows Updates: Hi guys, I had installed this mapping tool before applying all the Windows Updates and I got this Untrusted Certificate warning error as shown in the image. Now, I had reinstalled Windows 10 and ran all the updates and then installed this tool which is a NON-Web...
  10. Microsoft updates Trusted Root Certificate Program

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft updates Trusted Root Certificate Program: At Microsoft, we are continuously working to deliver on our commitment to the security of our customers and their ecosystems. A core component of our strategy to inform Windows users about the safety of the websites, apps and software they’re accessing online is built into...