Windows 10: Root Certificate error message before running Windows Updates

Discus and support Root Certificate error message before running Windows Updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi guys, I had installed this mapping tool before applying all the Windows Updates and I got this Untrusted Certificate warning error as shown in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by win10freak, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Root Certificate error message before running Windows Updates

Hi guys,

I had installed this mapping tool before applying all the Windows Updates and I got this Untrusted Certificate warning error as shown in the image.

Now, I had reinstalled Windows 10 and ran all the updates and then installed this tool which is a NON-Web version, meaning its a program that runs on the desktop but gathers all the mapping data from Bing Maps and so forth.
    After when I launched it this time, that message DOES NOT appear now.

So clearly, it had something to do with a Windows Update that updates all Root Certificates.
    But the issue is, I really need to know which update is it so next time I can install this Windows Update myself manually.

Anyone know?

Many thanks!

:)

win10freak, Sep 23, 2016

2. Certificate issues on Lumia 625

So what is wrong with Google's certificate?

Why is the displayed error message, "untrusted root certificate" and not "incorrect certificate"?

HiJinks---01, Sep 23, 2016
  3. Will WP7 Mango support personal certificates?

This issue has been resolved.

The issue was with the server certificate and it must be a matching root certificate. We used our own internal cerificate until now.

Before the mango update, I couldn't see the proper error to resolve this.

Doug Christensen, Sep 23, 2016
Thema:

Root Certificate error message before running Windows Updates

1. Root Certificate error message before running Windows Updates - Similar Threads - Root Certificate error

2. Certificate Error: Navigation

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Certificate Error: Navigation: While using WIFI at a hot spot such as Burger King when I tried to access Facebook Messenger or Facebook I get an error message that the sites security certificate is not trusted. How can I tell my computer to trust the site and go to it anyway...such as Facebook?...
  3. Windows Update Error Message

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Error Message: Good day guys, I'm having this error message when searching for updates (via Windows update). I did a PC reset a while back which did solve the issue but now it's back. "There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want...
  4. DN_DRIVER_LOADED error in USB Root

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DN_DRIVER_LOADED error in USB Root: How do I fix DN_DRIVER_LOADED error in USB Root. It appears with all video conferencing applications and some editing apps. Thanks, Ilias https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dndriverloaded-error-in-usb-root/3b3945ef-cf2e-4363-97ea-d6e8da11de31
  5. Always On VPN certificate error with Skype certificates

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Always On VPN certificate error with Skype certificates: Hi, We have an Always On VPN configured that was working great, as soon as you login it would auto connect almost instantly. Since configuring Skype for Business via Office 365 it now always prompts saying "action needed" and we have to pick the correct certificate before...
  6. Dell in hot water again as second 'Superfish' root certificate surface

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Dell in hot water again as second 'Superfish' root certificate surface: But wait folks...there's even more good news....*sarc Dell customers have turned up a second root certificate installed on some Dell machines, which could make them easy prey for malicious attacks on public Wi-Fi networks. The second problematic root certificate is...
  7. Root Certificate Browser Error (started to appear randomly)

in Windows 10 Support
    Root Certificate Browser Error (started to appear randomly): Hey guys, I'm having a bit of trouble with my Lenovo x220 laptop. At first I had installed the RTM 10240 version and then updated it to Build 10586. Once I updated I noticed the computer started to behave erratic random freezes at boot up, forcing me to hold the power key...
  8. Long-running script error message

in Windows 10 Support
    Long-running script error message: With W10 ... I frequently get messages such as "politico.com (or nytimes.com) is not responding because of a long-running script". What "script" is that? How can I permanently close it and stop those interruptions? Thanks. 43885
  9. Microsoft updates Trusted Root Certificate Program

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft updates Trusted Root Certificate Program: At Microsoft, we are continuously working to deliver on our commitment to the security of our customers and their ecosystems. A core component of our strategy to inform Windows users about the safety of the websites, apps and software they’re accessing online is built into...
  10. Windows 10 Message....Add root failed

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Message....Add root failed: Message....Add root failed*Sad 16769