Windows 10: Root folder name change

Discus and support Root folder name change in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey, i have question, is there any way to change root user name that appears in C:\Users folder, actually i have space between my first name and last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NasirBaloch, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Root folder name change

Hey, i have question, is there any way to change root user name that appears in C:\Users folder, actually i have space between my first name and last name, and i am using few software using command prompt, but they are not working due to space between first name and last name, they just picked up my first name and gave me error. So i just want to know any way to change my pc user name. Thanks in Advance

:)

NasirBaloch, Dec 22, 2019

2. name changes??

If you desire a name change please do the following:

• Ask yourself if you really need a name change.
    • Make sure you have a good reason.
    • Know what you want your new name to be before you request a name change.
    • Send Urlyin a PM containing a decent explanation of your reason as well as your desired name.

Polaris573, Dec 22, 2019
  3. Unable to change folder name

Hi,

It is unusual that the folder name gets changed to "document" automatically during the backup.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if the issue persists.

1. Create the new folder, right click on it and select "properties".

2. Click "customize".

3. Under "optimize this folder for", select "general items" and also make sure to check the"also apply this template to all subfolder" option and save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Dec 22, 2019
  4. Ryan_2013 Win User

Root folder name change

Change User Name Folders

"The change the name on the Account folder is more difficult because it is more heavily protected. See this tutorial:https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/89060-chang..."

On this link, the details show renaming another account. I'm wanting to change the Admin account. It's a good thing I had another user setup on my computer, also as an Admin, because after changing the SID in step 8. And, unable to change the name in step
    11. As "Rename" wasn't in the list. I restarted the computer, since the Admin user account name was changed I was unable to load windows. I had to log into my other account, which was setup as Admin and change the SID back to the 5 letters the user name was
    titled.

My computer, Admin account, works again.

I wasn't wanting to just change another account user name, which this is possible to do. I wanted to change the main user, myself.

Ryan_2013, Dec 22, 2019
Thema:

Root folder name change

1. Root folder name change - Similar Threads - Root folder name

2. Changes to root folder permissions/protections?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changes to root folder permissions/protections?: We've been developing software using network drives mounted as M:, Q: and R: for over 30 years. There are various .CMD files as well as a master project now solution file in the root. We are finally trying to get our development environment working under Windows 11 Pro and...
  3. Changes to root folder permissions/protections?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changes to root folder permissions/protections?: We've been developing software using network drives mounted as M:, Q: and R: for over 30 years. There are various .CMD files as well as a master project now solution file in the root. We are finally trying to get our development environment working under Windows 11 Pro and...
  4. Duplicated root folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicated root folders: I was messing around on a secondary drive and I disabled the option "hide protected files by the OS", but didn't touch anything, suddenly on my main C: drive all folders were duplicated:Screenshot - https://imgur.com/a/L2ZiBmLEach pair of the duplicated folders directs to the...
  5. Folders with long alphanumeric names in C drive root level.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folders with long alphanumeric names in C drive root level.: Found many folders in C drive root level. My la[top running Windows 10. What are these folders with files for and can I safely delete them? 3c4477fcb5c61b1e24968f174d 5c1de1ebe33df0f820d137171e Any one can help answer and advice. Thank you....
  6. Change the name of account and folder name.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change the name of account and folder name.: I am in the process of setting up a Windows PC. I noticed that after I went through the prompts to begin using windows and signing on to my Microsoft account that I have a user in my local folders called c:\users\kenp1. I do not want to use that name, but I can't find...
  7. Root folder update name and registry references

in Windows 10 Customization
    Root folder update name and registry references: Hello, First of all let me point out that I have tried this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-to-change-username-on-pc-located-in-cusers-in/ed70f119-0dd3-422f-a3f9-6dcff3a2bcad Perhaps it should be noted I only have Windows...
  8. Changing file name changes the folder name AND cannot find the folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing file name changes the folder name AND cannot find the folder: Two odd things are happen to my files: 1. Changing only the file name in explorer changes the folder name 2. I cannot locate the directory (possibly a library) Here's what is happening in explorer: I search for the text OLD, the results come up: file=IMG_3654.JPG folder...
  9. change a user name folder

change a user name folder: how do I change a user name folder in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-a-user-name-folder/7413f37f-1efb-44a8-9a97-24132b3ad0f8
  10. User's Name Desktop Folder changed it's name to "Folders"

User's Name Desktop Folder changed it's name to "Folders": I have a problem with my User Folder. Actually the User Folder name is fine, but when you add the Folder on the desktop (with the option on Personalize + Themes) it changed it's name to "Folders" I've tried creating new users, but every new user I create, no matter how...