Windows 10: Root (SU) access in Ubuntu 16.x and 17.x but file manager quirks

Discus and support Root (SU) access in Ubuntu 16.x and 17.x but file manager quirks in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi there. normally SUDO is sufficient but (for beginners here - old users will probably know the trick so excuse- we were all noobs once !!) if you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by jimbo45, Mar 17, 2018.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Root (SU) access in Ubuntu 16.x and 17.x but file manager quirks

Hi there.

normally SUDO is sufficient but (for beginners here - old users will probably know the trick so excuse- we were all noobs once !!) if you need SU access in ubuntu simply type SUDO SU and then you are in !!

Note though ubuntu rel 17.x has a little nasty in it -- running dolphin (KDE file manager) or some other file managers as root is not possible any more -- I thnk they've hosed this up - sometimes you need read / write access to root folders e.g samba conf etc. Still works in Ubuntu 16.x though.

I prefer for Linux GUI KDE to GNOME / UNITY but that's your choice of course.

Ubuntu 16.x probably a better choice as it is LTS (till 2021) whereas 17.x will be updated again in july but fine for testing as VM's.

For Gnome desktop on 17.x Nautilus can be invoked or run as root but you've still got problems editing / saving and a GUI editor is better than the hideous VI !!!!!!.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Mar 17, 2018
  2. XLUSER Win User

Nokia xl-a failure model

more than 50% of the user became phone techies

#user understand what is rooting/need etc,

procedure for rooting

#custom rom

#super su

#apk sites

#Nokia made its x series user to become mobile

professor/geeks

XLUSER, Mar 17, 2018
  3. macakraca Win User
    Nokia Multimedia Transfer (NMT) syncing - location of cache files

Nothing that would have size in gigabytes.

macakraca, Mar 17, 2018
Thema:

Root (SU) access in Ubuntu 16.x and 17.x but file manager quirks

1. Root (SU) access in Ubuntu 16.x and 17.x but file manager quirks - Similar Threads - Root access Ubuntu

2. Can't access files with red circle and white x

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access files with red circle and white x: I can't open documents that have a red circle and white x in them. My one drive says it is full and I don't want to add to it or use it for storage.How do I get access to these files? Thanks...
  3. Can't access files with red circle and white x

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access files with red circle and white x: I can't open documents that have a red circle and white x in them. My one drive says it is full and I don't want to add to it or use it for storage.How do I get access to these files? Thanks...
  4. Can't access files with red circle and white x

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. grey x on files

grey x on files: Hi Everyone, I have only recently got grey x across most of my files, both on the computer in my documents and in the backup on onedrive. The only way I now seem to be able to access these files is by logging in to onedrive through my web browser. Any iseas how to resolve...
  6. Grey X on files

Grey X on files: I am way under my storage limit with Dropbox however my files in that are in my Dropbox accountI try and access via my Windows OS are locked. The same files are accessible on the web Dropbox.. Please help...
  7. Grey X on file

Grey X on file: Grey X on files and unable to access nor open them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/grey-x-on-file/bc824301-d005-47a6-99e4-83e86c1f8083
  8. red x's in file manager because of one drive

red x's in file manager because of one drive: how do I get rid of the red x's in the file manager https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/red-xs-in-file-manager-because-of-one-drive/7678c3c6-42b1-4e66-852f-f27625512696"
  9. Intel Active Management Technology 9.x/10.x/11.x/12.x Advisory

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Active Management Technology 9.x/10.x/11.x/12.x Advisory: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00141 Advisory Category: Firmware Impact of vulnerability: Denial of Service, Information Disclosure Severity rating: HIGH Original release: 09/11/2018 Last revised: 09/11/2018 Summary: Multiple potential security vulnerabilities in Intel® Active...
  10. File Manager and or Windows 10 Quirks

in Windows 10 Support
    File Manager and or Windows 10 Quirks: There are several problems with Windows 10 that I have never found a good solution for. #1. When typing into the search box of Google Chrome the letters typed will be backwards. What I mean take the word beach I will start typing and it will show on the search box as...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is a .x file ubuntu