Windows 10: Rootkits

Discus and support Rootkits in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have been searching the internet and nowhere can I find an answer concerning how are these installed on or in a system.Am I to assume that something... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Jeffrey Timothy Valerie, May 27, 2021.

1. Rootkits

I have been searching the internet and nowhere can I find an answer concerning how are these installed on or in a system.Am I to assume that something like this 'rootkit' may be installed by USB or downloaded from a website, considering the word 'installed' implies this?Can someone answer my dilemma, because its either one or the other or both!

:)

Jeffrey Timothy Valerie, May 27, 2021
  2. Jsssssssss, May 27, 2021
  3. Sasqui Win User
    6 Rootkit Detector Programs reviewed & compared: INTERESTING READ!

Cool find - Rootkit Unhooker 3.0 looks like it kicks butt.

Sasqui, May 27, 2021
  4. Rootkits

6 Rootkit Detector Programs reviewed & compared: INTERESTING READ!

Here, I keep this list of them around:

Sophos AntiRootkit
    BitDefender AntiRootkit
    FSecure Blacklight
    McAfee AntiRootkit
    Rootkit Buster
    Rootkit Revealer
    Rootkit Unhooker
    GMER
    Rootkit Hook Analyzer

*Smile Rootkits :)

* Some more of them that are NOT in the list tested above are in that list... they are 'bolded' for your references...

APK

Alec§taar, May 27, 2021
Thema:

Rootkits

1. Rootkits - Similar Threads - Rootkits

2. Account UnknownS-1-5-21-235848236-322578882-4173758772-100 3 is Rootkit hacker software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account UnknownS-1-5-21-235848236-322578882-4173758772-100 3 is Rootkit hacker software: I want this **** gone form my laptop Microsoft! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-unknowns-1-5-21-235848236-322578882/8f587e5e-0ea0-4402-8eaa-2a0f5af47283
  3. Account UnknownS-1-5-21-235848236-322578882-4173758772-100 3 is Rootkit hacker software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account UnknownS-1-5-21-235848236-322578882-4173758772-100 3 is Rootkit hacker software: I want this **** gone form my laptop Microsoft! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-unknowns-1-5-21-235848236-322578882/8f587e5e-0ea0-4402-8eaa-2a0f5af47283
  4. Had some technical issues, HDD issues, then possibly some type of rootkit, I have no idea....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Had some technical issues, HDD issues, then possibly some type of rootkit, I have no idea....: About a month ago I was having problems with random games missing .DLL files. I can't think of anywhere I would have gotten a software which modifies DLL files because aside from Curseforge and Nexusmods modding files I haven't downloaded anything that could possibly contain...
  5. Had some technical issues, HDD issues, then possibly some type of rootkit, I have no idea....

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Had some technical issues, HDD issues, then possibly some type of rootkit, I have no idea....: About a month ago I was having problems with random games missing .DLL files. I can't think of anywhere I would have gotten a software which modifies DLL files because aside from Curseforge and Nexusmods modding files I haven't downloaded anything that could possibly contain...
  6. Had some technical issues, HDD issues, then possibly some type of rootkit, I have no idea....

7. Hi , I have a serious problem about my laptop I think a rootkit is inside of it . what to do?

Hi , I have a serious problem about my laptop I think a rootkit is inside of it . what to do?: So I suspected that there was a rootkit living inside of my laptop and then I downloaded GMER to detect it and here is what I got from the scan ... Service C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Definition Updates\{CFE532D2-C6ED-446C-9F10-0F7C9E3338AE}\MpKslDrv.sys ***...
  8. Hi , I have a serious problem about my laptop I think a rootkit is inside of it . what to do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi , I have a serious problem about my laptop I think a rootkit is inside of it . what to do?: So I suspected that there was a rootkit living inside of my laptop and then I downloaded GMER to detect it and here is what I got from the scan ... Service C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Definition Updates\{CFE532D2-C6ED-446C-9F10-0F7C9E3338AE}\MpKslDrv.sys ***...
  9. Undetectable rootkit, Boot x: driver reinstalls false windows files after clean install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Undetectable rootkit, Boot x: driver reinstalls false windows files after clean install: Im at my witts end, pc being remotely controlled / hacked even after clean installs, starts with Windows defender lsa being turned off then slowly they take over the entire pc. Then spread to my router and potentially my phone, have had to replace router and wipe phone. To...
  10. Undetectable rootkit, Boot x: driver reinstalls false windows files after clean install

Undetectable rootkit, Boot x: driver reinstalls false windows files after clean install: Im at my witts end, pc being remotely controlled / hacked even after clean installs, starts with Windows defender lsa being turned off then slowly they take over the entire pc. Then spread to my router and potentially my phone, have had to replace router and wipe phone. To...