Windows 10: Rotate a video (Windows Movie Maker used to enable this) and save resulting file

Discus and support Rotate a video (Windows Movie Maker used to enable this) and save resulting file in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am on windows 10, and have a need for a program that will allow me to rotate a video (say from landscape to portrait), and save the corrected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mikethetaxi, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Rotate a video (Windows Movie Maker used to enable this) and save resulting file

I am on windows 10, and have a need for a program that will allow me to rotate a video (say from landscape to portrait), and save the corrected version. Windows Movie Maker used to have this facility, but WMM has been withdrawn.

I have tried using VLC Media Player: it rotates the view OK, but I cannot find a way to save the amended image to file that can be viewed by anything other than VLC.

:)

mikethetaxi, Sep 5, 2018

2. Windows Movie Maker substitute

I use Windows 10. There is no topic for my question. If I'm in the wrong place, please suggest the appropriate topic. A couple days ago, Windows Live Movie Maker worked. Today it doesn't, so I updated to Movie Maker 12. It doesn't work either. When
    I save a video I've made (sometimes all I've done is rotated right), the saved video won't work right. Says not a correct file type or codec. Am I doing anything wrong? Or should I get a different movie maker for Windows 10? Can you suggest a couple good
    free ones? I heard the VLC was good, but it only plays videos. I want a video editor and movie maker like the old Windows movie maker. Thank you.

Laniebelle, Sep 5, 2018
  3. Arcadian Win User
    Windows Movie Maker video problems....

So what to do ? Rotate a video (Windows Movie Maker used to enable this) and save resulting file :)

Arcadian, Sep 5, 2018
  4. Bree Win User

Rotate a video (Windows Movie Maker used to enable this) and save resulting file

Windows Movie Maker video problems....

And it's absolutely correct - there is no video in that file because it isn't a movie. It's a .wlmp Windows Live Movie Maker Project file, nothing more than a list of the source videos, the edit points and the transition effects saved in xml format.

Bree, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

Rotate a video (Windows Movie Maker used to enable this) and save resulting file

1. Rotate a video (Windows Movie Maker used to enable this) and save resulting file - Similar Threads - Rotate video Movie

2. Movie Maker Message " The file was missing to stop video being saved ".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Movie Maker Message " The file was missing to stop video being saved ".: It's work when I watch the movie project in the Movie Maker. But it always pop up a message that " some files/image were missing the Movie Maker stop from being saved ". But actually all photos were in the project....
  3. Movie Maker Message " The file was missing to stop video being saved ".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Movie Maker Message " The file was missing to stop video being saved ".: It's work when I watch the movie project in the Movie Maker. But it always pop up a message that " some files/image were missing the Movie Maker stop from being saved ". But actually all photos were in the project....
  4. Movie Maker - Video Editor PRO

Movie Maker - Video Editor PRO: Hello, I bought Movie Maker - Video Editor PRO today, order number 6464181728. Unfortunately something was wrong and I could not download the program. I don't want to buy it anymore. Please refund me the money. Regards, H. Chung Mr.E-mail: *** Email address is removed for...
  5. Error 0x80070070 movie maker - movie will not save to movie format

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0x80070070 movie maker - movie will not save to movie format: I have never had trouble with Movie Maker until now. I do have a lengthy movie 1 hr 10 min which is a bit longer than others I have done. When I use >Save movie >Recommended for this project, I get this error....
  6. Error 0x80070070 movie maker - movie will not save to movie format

Error 0x80070070 movie maker - movie will not save to movie format: I have never had trouble with Movie Maker until now. I do have a lengthy movie 1 hr 10 min which is a bit longer than others I have done. When I use >Save movie >Recommended for this project, I get this error....
  7. Editing a video in movie maker

Editing a video in movie maker: Hi, I am trying to trim a video in the movie maker app, but when I cut the video to where I want and save it, it just saves the whole video again. How can I cut the video into the section I want and save only that portion and delete the rest?...
  8. Windows Video Editor! (Not Movie Maker)

Windows Video Editor! (Not Movie Maker): Whenever I go to open an mp4 file onto the video editor, it pops up with the following message: 'These files have properties that can't be read, so we couldn't add them: Frappe.mov - Copy.mp4.' If someone could assist me on how to fix this problem, that'd be great!...
  9. Video Update Driver for Movie Maker

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Video Update Driver for Movie Maker: I am using Movie Maker and it is running slow. The message that I am getting is to install a driver card or update one. What does this mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-update-driver-for-movie-maker/3d5e009c-0ff7-475c-aba4-26317c93a441
  10. Windows Movie Maker video problems....

Windows Movie Maker video problems....: Does anyone use or has used Windows Movie Maker which is a great little video editing programme ? I know it was designed for Win 7 but in the link below it says suitable for Win 10 but having tried all I know for some reason I still can't get it to work at all. Virtual...