Windows 10: Rotate Display Orientation

Discus and support Rotate Display Orientation in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi All, I have a Dell XPS 15 with Window 10 version 1909. I am projecting my screen to my Dell P2719H, but I cannot get the system to rotate the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kenrob2037, Dec 6, 2020.

1. Rotate Display Orientation

Hi All,

I have a Dell XPS 15 with Window 10 version 1909.

I am projecting my screen to my Dell P2719H, but I cannot get the system to rotate the display when the P2719H is plugged into the HDMI port.

The setting in Display Orientation setting is greyed out. I can rotate my screen when the P2719H is not connected.

I've tried Tablet mode, that didn't work. There is no Rotation button in the Action Centre. There is no option to rotate in the Intel Graphics Control Panel. Nor in the NVIDA control panel.

I have changed the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AutoRotation to 1, it did nothing.

Any thoughts on how to resolve this?

Regards,
    Rob

:)

kenrob2037, Dec 6, 2020

2. Windows 10 Display Orientation

Hi,

Try these steps below and see if it corrects the problem.

Step 1: Set the Display settings to Landscape mode by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard, type Settings and select the top most search result.
    • Click on System and select Display option from the left side panel of the window.
    • Select Landscape option from the dropdown bar under Orientation.
    • Click on Apply and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 2: Uncheck the Auto rotation option by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard, type Control Panel and select the top most search result.
    • Select Appearance and Personalization and click on Display option.
    • Click on Adjust resolution option from the left side panel of the window.
    • Uncheck the Allow the screen to auto-rotate option and check if the changes are effective.

You may also download this
    free app
    at Microsoft Store.

Hope this helps. Do get back to us should you need further assistance.

Regards.

Armand Cos, Dec 6, 2020
  3. auto screen orientation

Hi Eamonn,

The auto rotation may have been locked that's why the screen orientation doesn't change automatically. To address this problem, we need to make sure that the auto rotation lock is off and that the auto-rotate is enabled. Follow these steps:

• On your tablet, tap the Start menu, then choose Settings.
    • Go to System > Display.
    • Scroll down and set Lock rotation to Off.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Dec 6, 2020
  4. Rotate Display Orientation

Display orientation has changed in Windows 10.

Hi,

I would like to inform you that this issue might arise due to the change in the orientation settings in Windows 10 Operating system. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Display.
    • Select Display settings from the list of results.
    • Now choose an orientation to landscape and check if that helps.

Or you may try resizing the windows by pressing
    CTRL + ALT + Up Arrow.

Hope the information helps. Please do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Dec 6, 2020
Thema:

Rotate Display Orientation

1. Rotate Display Orientation - Similar Threads - Rotate Display Orientation

2. Display orientation / rotation shortcut?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display orientation / rotation shortcut?: Is there a desktop shortcut I can create or a batch file that I can place on my desktop to change the screen orientation/rotation? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-orientation-rotation-shortcut/457ced2c-05f8-4ed4-b8be-732c1f085bea
  3. Display orientation / rotation shortcut?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display orientation / rotation shortcut?: Is there a desktop shortcut I can create or a batch file that I can place on my desktop to change the screen orientation/rotation? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-orientation-rotation-shortcut/457ced2c-05f8-4ed4-b8be-732c1f085bea
  4. Screen display orientation rotate on reboot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen display orientation rotate on reboot: Hello,I am currently displaying a banner on screen which its orientation is portrait. The problem is, whenever i restart windows, the orientation of the computer changes to landscape automatic. so in order to see my burner properly i have to set display of screen to portrait...
  5. Rotate Display Orientation

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Rotate Display Orientation: Hi All, I have a Dell XPS 15 with Window 10 version 1909. I am projecting my screen to my Dell P2719H, but I cannot get the system to rotate the display when the P2719H is plugged into the HDMI port. The setting in Display Orientation setting is greyed out. I can rotate my...
  6. screen display orientation

in Windows 10 Customization
    screen display orientation: My display screen has turned 90 degrees. how do I correct and return to normal format https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-display-orientation/508e0424-7648-47a4-b537-3ba330fbc631
  7. Display Orientation

Display Orientation: Kindly give me the short key for changing of display orientation and make it unchanged as well. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-orientation/129bd3f4-9fcf-48bf-af21-ecee31ad350f
  8. display orientation

display orientation: Display orientation is not editable. How to fix it?[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-orientation/f45b7cb1-8a3c-4a90-997f-38676ea8d6bd
  9. RAW Files-Portrait Orientation shown in Landscape Orientation with no rotation option.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RAW Files-Portrait Orientation shown in Landscape Orientation with no rotation option.: I have seen this question over and over again with no real answer provided. For RAW files (not jpegs) pictures taken in the portrait orientation are showing up in the landscape orientation in the windows photo viewer. In the past you could just highlight these photos,...
  10. Pictures rotating automatically to landscape with no option to change orientation

Pictures rotating automatically to landscape with no option to change orientation: Hey guys, I'm really getting fed up with windows 10. It always seems to think it knows what you want better than you do. I'm currently having issues with photos. Whenever I open a Picture in portrait orientation, the programme automatically turns it to landscape. If I try...