Windows 10: Rotate handle doesn't appear on text boxes in Microsoft 365 Word - how do I fix this?

Discus and support Rotate handle doesn't appear on text boxes in Microsoft 365 Word - how do I fix this? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a 64-bit desktop PC. On it I run Microsoft Word for Microsoft 365 MSO 16.0.14228.20200 32-bit. I don't know whether or not there's a 64-bit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Diadochos, Aug 5, 2021.

1. Diadochos Win User

Rotate handle doesn't appear on text boxes in Microsoft 365 Word - how do I fix this?

I have a 64-bit desktop PC. On it I run Microsoft Word for Microsoft 365 MSO 16.0.14228.20200 32-bit. I don't know whether or not there's a 64-bit version of Microsoft 365 - presumably there is - but this is what Microsoft gave me when I subscribed to Microsoft 365. For what it's worth, I'm running under Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version 20H2 OS Build 19042.1110. For some reason, when I create a text box - whether the 'regular' kind or one I draw - it has no rotate handle. Can anybody help me rectify this problem? Thanks for any help.

:)

Diadochos, Aug 5, 2021
  2. mngerhold Win User

Self-adjusting/linked content Text Boxes in Word?

Extending text boxes: I had no idea, so gave it a go: it seems that if you set the box to autofit: rt-click>Format shape>text box, then setting {autofit} on and {wrap text} off appears to work.

Rotate handle doesn't appear on text boxes in Microsoft 365 Word - how do I fix this? [​IMG]

I have wondered about linked text boxes in Powerpoint for some time, but never bothered to work out if it were possible. But I have had a go in Word (in my case 2010), and there is a rather awkward way: with the cursor on a blank space, start by creating a caption (Refs>Insert caption):

Rotate handle doesn't appear on text boxes in Microsoft 365 Word - how do I fix this? [​IMG]

I don't think it matters what sort of caption (figure, table etc), so I picked figure - but excluded the 'label' of 'figure', so all I see is a '1'. Then add some text (in my case xxx). Now this may seem bizarre, because it is a caption to nothing (or maybe the blank space that preceded it, I am not sure). You then end up with '1xxxx' appearing on the page. I added a line with 'space' to separate it from the next bit:

Now create a cross-reference to this caption:

and the text will appear again:

Now this is the fun (?) part: edit the caption (in blue) and remove the unwanted figure number - you can tweak the text (my 'xxxx', but don't work from the RHS or it appears you are working outside the caption:

(note the longer text box, while I was at it). But the cross-reference is not changed - to update it, select it and press F9:

Voila! You can update all references by selecting the whiole document (CTRL-A) and hitting F9. You can put the cross-reference inside a text box, but then it becomes a bit fussy about updating, and doesn't work with the 'all-at-once' method.

hth, Martin (this has been fun! - now to try Powerpoint...).

mngerhold, Aug 5, 2021
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Aug 5, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

Rotate handle doesn't appear on text boxes in Microsoft 365 Word - how do I fix this?

text copied from youtube does not appear same in microsoft word

Appears as Arial Unicode MS here:

similarly here:

dalchina, Aug 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Rotate handle doesn't appear on text boxes in Microsoft 365 Word - how do I fix this? - Similar Threads - Rotate handle doesn't

2. Microsoft Store doesn't appear on apps and feature and doesn't open How do i fix it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store doesn't appear on apps and feature and doesn't open How do i fix it: whenever I open my Microsoft store it doesnt open. it doesnt appear on the apps and feature, wsreset doesnt work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-doesnt-appear-on-apps-and-feature/b04a8aea-9f3b-4057-b659-526bfd85c049
  3. Microsoft Store doesn't appear on apps and feature and doesn't open How do i fix it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store doesn't appear on apps and feature and doesn't open How do i fix it: whenever I open my Microsoft store it doesnt open. it doesnt appear on the apps and feature, wsreset doesnt work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-doesnt-appear-on-apps-and-feature/b04a8aea-9f3b-4057-b659-526bfd85c049
  4. password box doesn't appear

password box doesn't appear: When I click on my screen to open the password box my screen goes blank https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-box-doesnt-appear/93eecabf-8a7e-424d-8b29-6e2b09c0fad3
  5. password box doesn't appear

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    password box doesn't appear: When I click on my screen to open the password box my screen goes blank https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-box-doesnt-appear/93eecabf-8a7e-424d-8b29-6e2b09c0fad3
  6. Microsoft word log in box doesn't take text input

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft word log in box doesn't take text input: All microsoft 365 programs show that my account cannot be accessed at the top of the screen even though it shows I am logged in, I also get the prompt that I need to log in to correct my account - but on all the password box shows and is non-respondant - ie takes NO text...
  7. How to rotate a table on Word

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to rotate a table on Word: I read this article how to rotate a table in Word on Enhau because I was facing difficulty in rotating the table in Microsoft word but the article is too technical for me. So can anyone explain me in easy words?...
  8. Word in mICROSOFT 365

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Word in mICROSOFT 365: UNABLE TO OPEN DOCUMENTS ATTACHED TO EMAIL'; UNABLE TO FORMAT WORD DOCUMENTS WHAT IS "ONE TOUCH" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-in-microsoft-365/64255afd-0c76-43bd-9e80-7f4df7b59bcf
  9. Microsoft Word 365 - Box Border Properties

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Microsoft Word 365 - Box Border Properties: Hi, I want to add border to the bottom side only for the text box. How can i do it? 136667
  10. Text not appearing in text box on Paint 3D

Text not appearing in text box on Paint 3D: When I try to create a text box on top of a photo, I get nothing - nada, zero, zilch. Here are the steps I'm taking: 1. right click on a jpeg file and select "edit with paint 3D" 2.click on "T" (text) at the top, hover over the area I want my text box and click again....