Windows 10: rotate picture

Discus and support rotate picture in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; When the computer comes on, the picture is sideways & cropped. How do I change this?... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by LynnRuger, Dec 19, 2018.

1. LynnRuger Win User

rotate picture

When the computer comes on, the picture is sideways & cropped. How do I change this?

:)

LynnRuger, Dec 19, 2018
  2. Paola Gar Win User

email picture rotate

Hi Alfred,

Are you trying to rotate the pictures using Photos app? If not, we suggest using Photos app to rotate the pictures and then check if the same issue will persist. Here's how:

• Save the picture first and then open it on Photos app.
    • Click the picture and then select the Edit button. It is the pencil icon located in the upper-right corner of your screen.

rotate picture 50bd12cc-4b4b-4088-bd15-bb38b7a7dcc8.jpg

• Click on Rotate button located in the right part of your screen.

rotate picture db30641f-89c1-4e30-afec-5b42c02bdadf.jpg

• After rotating the pictures, click on Save.

rotate picture b2325cb0-7056-4adf-8798-12264fe29b80.jpg

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Dec 19, 2018
  3. jds63 Win User
    Auto rotate and g force

Really needed to list more system specs and information on this issue.So this is assuming you have this and this is the issue.

Why does my screen not rotate?

The auto rotation lock feature is turned on by default in Windows 10. Use the following steps to turn off this feature.

1. Place the tablet into Pad/Tablet mode.
    2. Click the Start
      rotate picture [​IMG]
      menu
      and select Settings.
    3. Click System.
    4. Click Display.
    5. Scroll down and toggle Lock rotation of this display to OFF.

jds63, Dec 19, 2018
  4. rotate picture

Auto rotation

Hello,

Let us isolate your concern by answering the questions below:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you checked on the action center if there is a Rotation lock option?
    In the meantime, we suggest that you check the Screen Resolution display to check if there is a setting to allow the screen to auto-rotate. Here are the steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Search for Display and then click Change display settings.
    • Mark the checkbox beside Allow the screen to auto-rotate option if possible.
    • Click Apply and then OK.
    We are looking forward to your response.

Jamille Nar, Dec 19, 2018
Thema:

rotate picture

1. rotate picture - Similar Threads - rotate picture

2. My profile picture in Windows settings will show up as a half rotated rectangle instead of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My profile picture in Windows settings will show up as a half rotated rectangle instead of...: So after a fresh installation of Windows 10, I noticed that my profile picture in Windows settings will show up as a half rotated rectangle instead of a circle. Meanwhile, some other UI elements in WhatsApp will show up in the same way as it did for my profile picture. I...
  3. My profile picture in Windows settings will show up as a half rotated rectangle instead of...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My profile picture in Windows settings will show up as a half rotated rectangle instead of...: So after a fresh installation of Windows 10, I noticed that my profile picture in Windows settings will show up as a half rotated rectangle instead of a circle. Meanwhile, some other UI elements in WhatsApp will show up in the same way as it did for my profile picture. I...
  4. My profile picture in Windows settings will show up as a half rotated rectangle instead of...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Printing out picture contact sheet now shortens the file name and auto rotates the pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printing out picture contact sheet now shortens the file name and auto rotates the pictures: I am trying to print out "contact sheets" where you get 35 pictures per A4 sheet but it Windows Photo Viewer ? is now shortening the file names and auto-rotating the images. Unfortunately I want the file name in full and I do not want the pictures auto-rotated....I know for a...
  6. Printing out picture contact sheet now shortens the file name and auto rotates the pictures

Printing out picture contact sheet now shortens the file name and auto rotates the pictures: I am trying to print out "contact sheets" where you get 35 pictures per A4 sheet but it Windows Photo Viewer ? is now shortening the file names and auto-rotating the images. Unfortunately I want the file name in full and I do not want the pictures auto-rotated....I know for a...
  7. Is there a setting in Windows 10 for rotating the camera picture image 180 degrees when the...

Is there a setting in Windows 10 for rotating the camera picture image 180 degrees when the...: I have a new 2-in-1 Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 Home. In a Zoom or Skype session it would be useful to place the laptop in tent mode, but the image from the built-in camera does not rotate 180 degrees when I do that. Is there a way to allow the camera to rotate the...
  8. Stop File Explorer from rotating my pictures!!!

Stop File Explorer from rotating my pictures!!!: This is ridiculous. Everything has been working fine and now File Explorer keeps rotating my pictures after I have repeatedly set the perspective correctly. Has anyone found a solution to this?...
  9. Pictures lost correct rotation after moving to Windows 10

Pictures lost correct rotation after moving to Windows 10: Hi, I have recently moved to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and I'm now copying all of my pictures from an old device to another. I've noticed, that a lot of the pictures I've moved have been automatically rotated to their original wrong rotation even though I have done a lot...
  10. All pictures are horizontal and I can't rotate them

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All pictures are horizontal and I can't rotate them: Recently my brother transfered all my pictures CR2 foramt to another disk so he could format the other disks. I had never had a problem with pictures that I took vertically with my DSLR Canon 200D appearing horizontal. After doing that, all my pictures are on the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. portrait raw photos not rotating 2019