Windows 10: Rotated Pictures Appearing "Mirror-Imaged" In Microsoft Photos In Windows 10 Home

Discus and support Rotated Pictures Appearing "Mirror-Imaged" In Microsoft Photos In Windows 10 Home in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi Everyone I am still a relative newcomer to Windows 10, so please bear with me if I go into a little too much detail in this post. OK, here is my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Digistar 4, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Rotated Pictures Appearing "Mirror-Imaged" In Microsoft Photos In Windows 10 Home

Hi Everyone

I am still a relative newcomer to Windows 10, so please bear with me if I go into a little too much detail in this post.

OK, here is my problem:

I have a very old Nokia 208 mobile phone (please bear with me -- I cannot afford a Smartphone at the moment), which I like to store a lot of pictures on, as I am sure that nearly all you Smartphone owners also love to do in the 21st century.

I have all of the pictures stored on a 1 GB SanDisk Micro SD card. Now, to make some of the pictures easier to view on my Nokia 208's tiny 2.5" diagonal LCD, I have loaded them into Adobe Photoshop CS2, via my Samsung laptop PC and Micro SD card (via a Micro SD Card Adapter), and used the Rotate option in Photoshop to rotate the pictures 90 degrees, so they can be seen in the correct orientation when I hold my Nokia 208 horizontally.

When I view the pictures I have flipped on my Nokia 208 when I hold the handset horizontally, the pictures appear fine, and the text in the pictures (if any) is in the correct orientation, as it should be. But if I move the memory card back to my Samsung laptop PC and view the pictures using Microsoft Photos, any pictures with text in them show the text mirror-imaged (back to front.) What seems to be happening is that the pictures initially have the text in the correct orientation, but about a millisecond later, the pictures automatically horizontally flip over. Just what the hell is going on?

Now, to prove a point today (Sunday 18/08/2019), I tried loading the rotated pictures into Photoshop instead, to see if the text appeared mirror-imaged in that PC software. Guess what? In Photoshop, the text in the rotated pictures appeared the correct way round! Again, just what the hell is going on?

If anyone can find out what is happening here, can he or she please let me know ASAP?

Thanks.

Alastair C Parker (a big PC user since 1988 and a mega electronic music fan since the 1970s!).

:)

Digistar 4, Aug 18, 2019
  2. Paola Gar Win User

email picture rotate

Hi Alfred,

Are you trying to rotate the pictures using Photos app? If not, we suggest using Photos app to rotate the pictures and then check if the same issue will persist. Here's how:

• Save the picture first and then open it on Photos app.
    • Click the picture and then select the Edit button. It is the pencil icon located in the upper-right corner of your screen.

Rotated Pictures Appearing "Mirror-Imaged" In Microsoft Photos In Windows 10 Home 50bd12cc-4b4b-4088-bd15-bb38b7a7dcc8.jpg

• Click on Rotate button located in the right part of your screen.

Rotated Pictures Appearing "Mirror-Imaged" In Microsoft Photos In Windows 10 Home db30641f-89c1-4e30-afec-5b42c02bdadf.jpg

• After rotating the pictures, click on Save.

Rotated Pictures Appearing "Mirror-Imaged" In Microsoft Photos In Windows 10 Home b2325cb0-7056-4adf-8798-12264fe29b80.jpg

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Aug 18, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    New Memorex Mirror for Photos Simplifies Photo Backup

Today’s consumers are looking for simple technology solutions that allow them to swiftly and safely back up their ever-growing digital photo collection. With a quick, one-time software installation, the Memorex Mirror for Photos external hard drive automatically backs up photos when connected to the computer without having to open numerous settings, dialogs or having to navigate multiple menus.

Mirror for Photos is a fast, smart and maintenance-free method of backing up photos and takes the guesswork out of protecting one’s precious memories. Its built-in software automatically runs each time the device is connected to a PC or MAC, finds photos and backs them up. This eliminates the hassle of manually backing up photos each time they are uploaded on a computer. A unique monitoring feature detects when new photos are present and reminds the user to connect Mirror for Photos.

Rotated Pictures Appearing "Mirror-Imaged" In Microsoft Photos In Windows 10 Home 116a_thm.jpg

“As people’s digital libraries continue to grow, they understand how critical it is to preserve those moments, yet are often intimidated with the notion of backing up,” said Jess Walton, Memorex brand manager. “Mirror for Photos provides even non tech-savvy users with a quick, simple and maintenance-free method for backing up and protecting precious memories.”

Mirror for Photos’ compact, space-saving design – at 3x5x1/2 inches – also eliminates the need for power cords, thanks to its simple USB-bus powered connection. The product’s user-inspired packaging also boasts easy-to-understand icons that convey product features, attributes and applications.

Memorex Mirror for Photos is available in three sizes, 320GB, 500GB and 640GB, or an estimated capacity of 64,000, 100,000 and 128,000 high-resolution photos* respectively. Mirror for Photos (320GB model) is currently available at Toys“R”Us. Suggested retail prices for capacities are:
    • $79.99 for the 320GB Mirror for Photos
    • $99.99 for the 500GB Mirror for Photos
    • $119.99 for the 640GB Mirror for Photos

btarunr, Aug 18, 2019
  4. Rotated Pictures Appearing "Mirror-Imaged" In Microsoft Photos In Windows 10 Home

rotate a picture

I did this process, however when I opened the picture in Paint, it was perfect and did not need to be rotated. I'm just at a brick wall on this.

Carol_2592, Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

Rotated Pictures Appearing "Mirror-Imaged" In Microsoft Photos In Windows 10 Home

1. Rotated Pictures Appearing "Mirror-Imaged" In Microsoft Photos In Windows 10 Home - Similar Threads - Rotated Pictures Appearing

2. Windows 11 Photos won't allow me to rotate images / won't save rotated image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Photos won't allow me to rotate images / won't save rotated image: When I try to rotate my images in the Windows Photos viewer, it does initially allow me to rotate, but within a few seconds I get an error popup that says "Saving your changes...Something went wrong", and reverts it back to its original rotation. Everything online about this...
  3. Windows 11 Photos won't allow me to rotate images / won't save rotated image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Photos won't allow me to rotate images / won't save rotated image: When I try to rotate my images in the Windows Photos viewer, it does initially allow me to rotate, but within a few seconds I get an error popup that says "Saving your changes...Something went wrong", and reverts it back to its original rotation. Everything online about this...
  4. Image rotates after viewing in Windows Photo Viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Image rotates after viewing in Windows Photo Viewer: More a bug report than a question, so hopefully someone can refer this to the appropriate parties.After previewing an image in the default Windows Photo Viewer, the image rotates by itself.I originally thought I had hit the rotate buttons in the new Explorer but it happened...
  5. Image rotates after viewing in Windows Photo Viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Image rotates after viewing in Windows Photo Viewer: More a bug report than a question, so hopefully someone can refer this to the appropriate parties.After previewing an image in the default Windows Photo Viewer, the image rotates by itself.I originally thought I had hit the rotate buttons in the new Explorer but it happened...
  6. mirror image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    mirror image: upgraded from window 7 to windows 10, how do I make a mirror image of windows 10 and all my programs? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mirror-image/71c1d86e-2586-45ea-a1ff-94d582045196
  7. Picture password is not appearing in windows 10 home

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Picture password is not appearing in windows 10 home: Recently I have reinstalled Windows 10 Home in my device. But picture password is not showing in the sign-in setting options. I used to sign in using picture password before reinstalling. What should I do to get it back?...
  8. Windows 10: Mirror Image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10: Mirror Image: I just purchased a Seagate external storage. I wanted to make a mirror image that is a choice on my Seagate, but it doesn't work. Did windows 10 discontinue the mirror image. If so my new Seagate is not backing up all of my PC files. Any work around ideas on this subject?...
  9. rotate picture

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    rotate picture: When the computer comes on, the picture is sideways & cropped. How do I change this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rotate-picture/d436d707-c478-419e-af48-9c23bcf807ab
  10. Rotate Image in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Rotate Image in Windows 10: How to: Rotate Image in Windows 10 How to Rotate an Image in Windows 10 Windows 10 has a built-in feature to allow you to quickly rotate an image if needed. You can rotate left to turn the selected image 90 degrees to the left. You can rotate right to turn the...