Windows 10: Rotating the ruler in whiteboard without a mouse

Discus and support Rotating the ruler in whiteboard without a mouse in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am using whiteboard with a drawing pad/pen instead of the mouse. This means I do not have a scrollwheel, yet this seems to be the only way to rotate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jonivar Skullerud, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Rotating the ruler in whiteboard without a mouse

I am using whiteboard with a drawing pad/pen instead of the mouse. This means I do not have a scrollwheel, yet this seems to be the only way to rotate the ruler in whiteboard. I have tried using the alt+arrow keys as suggested elsehwere, but this has no effect. Is there any way the ruler can be rotated without having to disconnect my pad and connect a mouse, and then disconnect the mouse and reconnect the pad when I want to draw and write?

If not, would it be possible in the next version to include a way to rotate the ruler using keyboard or mouse-click/drag operations only?

:)

Jonivar Skullerud, Oct 23, 2020

2. Ruler will not rotate and shapes icon does not appear in Windows Whiteboard

The ruler will not move or rotate when using Whiteboard, and the shapes feature is not there.

How do I enable these features?

Thanks.

SteveWolf2, Oct 23, 2020
  3. Drew1903 Win User
    Rotating Ruler in Non-Touch (How to)

I may know why... so try this, it may be ever so slightly different that what you were doing

Position the cursor on the ruler. Now, Left Click & release... this (action) locks it, the mouse, to the ruler & you'll notice a wee intensity change to the rule's hue when this happens. Anyway,
    now, the scroll wheel should rotate the ruler. And, btw, once it is positioned, via rotation, now, Left Click, again, to free the mouse from the Ruler.

Please, let me know if the above solved it for you.

And pls remember to mark as Helpful if it did. Thanks.

Cheers,

Drew

Rotating the ruler in whiteboard without a mouse 392f7c0a-e53a-41ed-85ac-47c52c537f36.jpg

Drew1903, Oct 23, 2020
  4. Rotating the ruler in whiteboard without a mouse

Windows Ink Workspace Sketchpad Rotate Ruler Tenth of a Degree

Hi,

I'm using mouse wheel to rotate the ruler.

Is there any key modifier I can press to rotate it not with one degree speed, but with one tenth of a degree or even slower?

vovatancor, Oct 23, 2020
Thema:

Rotating the ruler in whiteboard without a mouse

1. Rotating the ruler in whiteboard without a mouse - Similar Threads - Rotating ruler whiteboard

2. Rotate ruler in Snip & Sketch without mouse scroll wheel

in Windows 10 Customization
    Rotate ruler in Snip & Sketch without mouse scroll wheel: Hey all,Windows 10 all patched etc, desktop PC.How do I rotate the ruler in Snip & Sketch without a mouse scroll wheel? Is there a keyboard shortcut?thanksjc...
  3. Using Microsoft Whiteboard without sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using Microsoft Whiteboard without sign in: Hello, My 7 year old daughter just got a new Windows 10 laptop. I've created a local account for her on the computer. She'd like to use the Microsoft Whiteboard app in her leisure time, but the app is not usable as it's constantly asking her to sign in. She does not have...
  4. Microsoft Whiteboard: how to rotate a composite drawing

Microsoft Whiteboard: how to rotate a composite drawing: When drawing in Whiteboard, a completed drawing often consists of multiple elements, or objects. Single objects can be rotated, but a selection of multiple objects does not have the rotation handle. How can I rotate a composite drawing without having to rotate and move each...
  5. Whiteboard Mouse cursor

Whiteboard Mouse cursor: Why the mouse cursor is not changing to pen or cross when using Whiteboard like when using paint? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whiteboard-mouse-cursor/fa20ef60-c18e-4e51-9414-6ad6af8ce0d0
  6. Cannot draw with Mouse in Whiteboard

Cannot draw with Mouse in Whiteboard: I am unable to draw with the mouse on my Laptop in MS Whiteboard. Please advise how to enable this feature. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-draw-with-mouse-in-whiteboard/776c1b8a-b069-4c3c-a6d1-a112db5d693a
  7. Can't rotate an image without it automatically cropping

Can't rotate an image without it automatically cropping: I want to crop an image into a square, then rotate it so it's upright. But every time I try to straighten it, the app zooms in, then crops parts of the image I want to keep. I can't zoom back out. I was able to crop and rotate a different image last night without any...
  8. Ruler will not rotate and shapes icon does not appear in Windows Whiteboard

Ruler will not rotate and shapes icon does not appear in Windows Whiteboard: The ruler will not move or rotate when using Whiteboard, and the shapes feature is not there. How do I enable these features? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ruler-will-not-rotate-and-shapes-icon-does-not/45674c55-df8b-40fa-876e-7938321a3c58
  9. Cannot record mouse cursor on Microsoft Whiteboard

Cannot record mouse cursor on Microsoft Whiteboard: I use Badicam for record screen by Microsoft Whiteboard but i cannot record mouse cursor Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-record-mouse-cursor-on-microsoft-whiteboard/8504cd81-8e9c-49bf-a3e6-0efa1216957c
  10. Rulers in Paint

in Windows 10 Customization
    Rulers in Paint: How do I change rulers to inches in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rulers-in-paint/ca8a103e-0f9d-40e0-b8bd-6a2dda299bb8