Windows 10: rotation lock grayed out on Lenovo Yoga laptops solved

Discus and support rotation lock grayed out on Lenovo Yoga laptops solved in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi i wanted to share my discovery of why all Windows 10 lenovo Yoga touchscreen laptops have the rotation lock grayed out sometimes and cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Thailand Amulets, Sep 25, 2018.

1. rotation lock grayed out on Lenovo Yoga laptops solved

Hi i wanted to share my discovery of why all Windows 10 lenovo Yoga touchscreen laptops have the rotation lock grayed out sometimes and cannot reactivate;

if your rotation lock button in action center is grayed out like this

rotation lock grayed out on Lenovo Yoga laptops solved fd9f63b3-1f59-4e13-94ab-c19fb5b6eb0b?upload=true.png

Go to Task Manager (press ctrl + alt + delete), and click on the services tab, and look for ymc process (ymc.exe = Yoga Mode Control, which is the culprit, and it happens when you rotate your screen to portrait mode)

rotation lock grayed out on Lenovo Yoga laptops solved 2793e16c-0a1b-4515-a0e7-170de2d61c9e?upload=true.png

Right click on ymc, and stop the process. Leave it that way. Your Rotation Lock will remain unlocked now. It was a mid-late 2018 update from Lenovo which made this ymc cause the grayed out screen rotation lock. The computer works fine without this process, and in fact, it is precisely this process, intended to sense when to change to tablet mode and back to laptop mode when folding the screen, which causes the issue. There will be no adverse effects from deactivating this process. If you deletre it, Lenovo will put it in your next update and it will reappear, so best to just 'stop' the process.

:)

Thailand Amulets, Sep 25, 2018
  2. Katelyn5 Win User

Lenovo Yoga Rotation

After updating my BRAND NEW Lenovo Yoga, the screen no longer rotates in tablet mode and the rotation lock is 'on' but is greyed out and will not let me edit it. How do I fix this ASAP? I use the tablet mode for school and work and need it, it was the
    purpose of buying this computer.

Katelyn5, Sep 25, 2018
  3. C M D Win User
    Rotation lock greyed out

I had the same problem with the rotation lock being grayed out on my Lenovo Yoga 2. I flipped it into tablet mode, went into settings, and the rotation lock was enabled once again! I have no idea why this changed, however, I often use my Yoga 2 in the
    Tent mode to view videos, enjoy having the screen flip back and forth in landscape or landscape (flipped). I also do this to keep it from getting too hot when it plays videos for a long time.

C M D, Sep 25, 2018
  4. rotation lock grayed out on Lenovo Yoga laptops solved

Rotation lock greyed out

I usually use my Lenovo Yoga in tent mode but recently had to use it as a standard laptop. When I restarted, rotation lock was disabled. I looked through some previous discussions but none of the suggestions worked. However, one led me to discovering the
    following solution: Change display orientation to "landscape flipped". This enabled the rotation lock toggle.

Mary Jo Winterer, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

rotation lock grayed out on Lenovo Yoga laptops solved

1. rotation lock grayed out on Lenovo Yoga laptops solved - Similar Threads - rotation lock grayed

2. Rotation Lock Greyed Out Solved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rotation Lock Greyed Out Solved: I have seen quite a few threads about this issue and struggled with it a bit. Some answers suggested manually adjusting the orientation in Settings > Display. However I found that the issue was actually that I had multiple desktops open accessible using ctrl + win + arrows....
  3. Rotation Lock Greyed Out Solved

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rotation Lock Greyed Out Solved: I have seen quite a few threads about this issue and struggled with it a bit. Some answers suggested manually adjusting the orientation in Settings > Display. However I found that the issue was actually that I had multiple desktops open accessible using ctrl + win + arrows....
  4. Rotation Lock Greyed Out Solved

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Rotation lock grayed out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Rotation lock grayed out: Rotation lock is stuck/grayed out on Windows 10 HP Pavilion. Tried restarting, switching to tablet mode, changing orientation to portrait. Still gray. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rotation-lock-grayed-out/c69d526f-5396-4e1c-b621-02364a523d5c
  6. Rotation Lock Grayed out or loss of Touchscreen Functionality on Lenovo Yoga Windows 10 laptops

Rotation Lock Grayed out or loss of Touchscreen Functionality on Lenovo Yoga Windows 10 laptops: Hi everyone I noticed a lot of locked threads, regarding users of Windows 10 with Lenovo Laptops, who are suffering the grayed out screen rotation setting, and/or touchscreen loss; the issue is because of a process called ymc.exe Yoga Mode Control, found in process manager...
  7. Windows rotation lock grayed out

Windows rotation lock grayed out: I bought a new Samsung Notebook 7 Spin. I only intend to use it as a laptop and have no use for screen rotation or tablet mode. However, I cannot turn off the rotation lock and stop the screen from rotating when the device is tilted. I saw a thread saying to switch the...
  8. Locked out of Lenovo Yoga 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out of Lenovo Yoga 10: Hi. I have been locked out of my Lenovo Yoga Windows 10 laptop. I cannot enter with my fingerprint scan, password or pin. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-out-of-lenovo-yoga-10/b5e2a748-1f3c-48c5-bcda-b9442fb10b79
  9. Rotation Lock Grayed Out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Rotation Lock Grayed Out: Hi all, I have a 2017 HP Spectre x360 with Windows 10 Home. Everything works great, except I can't rotation lock. WIN+O doesn't do anything. The display does rotate if I turn the device, but I want to be able to lock it. I can manaully change the option in Display...
  10. Rotation Lock / Rotation Sensor Not Working (Lenovo Yoga 2-in-1)

in Windows 10 Support
    Rotation Lock / Rotation Sensor Not Working (Lenovo Yoga 2-in-1): I've got a Lenovo Yoga 700-11ISK that I've reformatted and reinstalled with Windows 10 Pro. I've been unable to get the rotation lock / rotation sensor working, which seems to be a very common problem. However, none of the common solutions has seemed to fix the issue. Below...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lenovo yoga 730 rotation lock greyed out

2. rotation lock lenovo yoga

3. rotation lock greyed out windows 10 lenovo

4. lenovo yoga rotation lock grayed out,
  5. lenovo yoga 12 screen rotation,
  6. rotation lock greyed out,
  7. why has rotation lock been disabled lenovo x1,
  8. surface rotate lock disabled,
  9. rotation lock greyed out windows 10 laptop,
  10. LENOVO ROTATION LOCK not working,
  11. yoga 730 autorotate greyed out,