Windows 10: Rotation Lock Grayed Out

Discus and support Rotation Lock Grayed Out in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, I have a 2017 HP Spectre x360 with Windows 10 Home. Everything works great, except I can't rotation lock. WIN+O doesn't do anything. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by muzicman82, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Rotation Lock Grayed Out

Hi all,

I have a 2017 HP Spectre x360 with Windows 10 Home. Everything works great, except I can't rotation lock. WIN+O doesn't do anything. The display does rotate if I turn the device, but I want to be able to lock it.

I can manaully change the option in Display settings and back but nothing I do enables the button.

Any ideas?

:)

muzicman82, Mar 18, 2017

2. windows 10 rotation lock grayed out

I would like to rotate my screen with my 2-in-1, but the rotation lock button is grayed out. Fix?

DavidFortier1, Mar 18, 2017
  3. DTab Win User
    Windows 10 Screen Auto Rotation Not Working/Option is not visible or available

Agreed. The problem is that the Rotation Lock icon is either grayed out (inoperable) or non-existent.

When I reboot my tablet, rotation will work for a while, but eventually ceases to work. When it works, I have an active Rotation Lock icon. When auto rotate stops working, the icon is grayed out, or gone.

Additionally, when auto rotate is working, Display Settings has a checkbox to enable auto rotate. But, when auto rotate is not working, there is no checkbox in settings to enable auto rotate. It just doesn't exist.

Also, switching to tablet mode does nothing to resolve the problem.

Thema:

Rotation Lock Grayed Out

1. Rotation Lock Grayed Out - Similar Threads - Rotation Lock Grayed

2. Rotation Lock Grayed Out on HP Spectre x360

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Rotation Lock Grayed Out on HP Spectre x360: I turned my rotation lock on on my HP Spectre convertible laptop to keep portrait mode up for a night, but now that I want to unlock it, I can't! The button is grayed out on the menu bar on the side. I've tried to go into Settings itself, but it's grayed out there too. I have...
  3. Rotation Lock greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Rotation Lock greyed out: I haven't been able to rotate my screen whenever I flip it or put it in tent mode, nor does it go into tablet mode when I flip the screen, I have a 2 in 1 Asus Vivobook, I have tried everything to get the rotation lock to workI have tried putting it in portrait mode and it...
  4. Rotation lock grayed out

Rotation lock grayed out: Rotation lock is stuck/grayed out on Windows 10 HP Pavilion. Tried restarting, switching to tablet mode, changing orientation to portrait. Still gray. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rotation-lock-grayed-out/c69d526f-5396-4e1c-b621-02364a523d5c
  5. rotation lock greyed out

rotation lock greyed out: After update, my display changed to portrait. I have changed it to landscape but the rotation lock is greyed out, so that it will not automatically change to portrait if I rotate the screen....
  6. Rotation Lock Greyed Out

Rotation Lock Greyed Out: I'm on an ASUS VivoBook Flip 14 TP412FA and the rotation lock button is greyed out in the right side panel and in the settings, which also means that the keyboard isn't working I'm using the on-screen keyboard. I've tried a fair bit but anything that can be suggested would be...
  7. Windows rotation lock grayed out

Windows rotation lock grayed out: I bought a new Samsung Notebook 7 Spin. I only intend to use it as a laptop and have no use for screen rotation or tablet mode. However, I cannot turn off the rotation lock and stop the screen from rotating when the device is tilted. I saw a thread saying to switch the...
  8. Auto-Rotate Grayed out

Auto-Rotate Grayed out: Hello, I am unsure of what to do after going through all of the steps recommended by previous questions. A few days ago my Auto-Rotate icon disappeared, through the Registry Edit I was able to get the icon back, but it is still grayed out. I have tried to use Tent mode and...
  9. rotation lock greyed out

rotation lock greyed out: I have an acer spin 1 with windows 10 and my rotation lock screen is greyed out and my screen will not rotate automatically anymore. how can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rotation-lock-greyed-out/23ffc815-5629-46b4-91ce-55996c428b4c
  10. rotation lock grayed out on Lenovo Yoga laptops solved

rotation lock grayed out on Lenovo Yoga laptops solved: Hi i wanted to share my discovery of why all Windows 10 lenovo Yoga touchscreen laptops have the rotation lock grayed out sometimes and cannot reactivate; if your rotation lock button in action center is grayed out like this [ATTACH] Go to Task Manager (press ctrl + alt...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rotation lock greyed out windows 10 tablet

2. x1 yoga unlock rotation in laptop mode

3. rotation lock greyed out in windows 10 surface

4. rotation lock greyed out windows 10,
  5. how do you turn off the rotattion lock which is greyd yout on ny Dell laptop,
  6. windows 10 rotation lock greyed out,
  7. why the rotation lock button is grayed out ],
  8. why is the rotate button grayed out,
  9. why is rotation lock button grayed out in Windows 10,
  10. windows 10 rotation lock problems,
  11. rotation lock icon is gone,
  12. windows 10 hp spectre screen rotation will not unlock greyed out,
  13. windows 10 hp spectre screen rotation will not unlock,
  14. windows 10 rotation lock gray,
  15. rotation lock option greyed out hp pavilion