Windows 10: Rotation lock is not working

Discus and support Rotation lock is not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My Haier Y11C laptop getting some trouble regarding rotation lock, I was using tablet mode and lock the rotate the rotation in portrait while reading.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dr. Madiha, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Rotation lock is not working

My Haier Y11C laptop getting some trouble regarding rotation lock, I was using tablet mode and lock the rotate the rotation in portrait while reading. In that condition I switched off the laptop. When I switched on the mode is still tablet but the rotation lock option is disable even I enable tablet mode to desktop mode when opening. Please let me know how to restore this issue.

:)

Dr. Madiha, Oct 21, 2019
  2. jds63 Win User

Auto rotate and g force

Really needed to list more system specs and information on this issue.So this is assuming you have this and this is the issue.

Why does my screen not rotate?

The auto rotation lock feature is turned on by default in Windows 10. Use the following steps to turn off this feature.

1. Place the tablet into Pad/Tablet mode.
    2. Click the Start
      Rotation lock is not working [​IMG]
      menu
      and select Settings.
    3. Click System.
    4. Click Display.
    5. Scroll down and toggle Lock rotation of this display to OFF.

jds63, Oct 21, 2019
  3. luke4 Win User
    Screen rotation not working, rotation lock disabled

If you rotate the screen 360 degrees, click on notification/action center icon lower right corner. Is the 'rotation lock' now enabled? If so turn it on. Otherwise Lenovo probably need to look into this...

luke4, Oct 21, 2019
  4. metal450 Win User

Rotation lock is not working

Rotation Lock / Rotation Sensor Not Working (Lenovo Yoga 2-in-1)

I've got a Lenovo Yoga 700-11ISK that I've reformatted and reinstalled with Windows 10 Pro. I've been unable to get the rotation lock / rotation sensor working, which seems to be a very common problem. However, none of the common solutions has seemed to fix the issue. Below is a detailed list of everything I’ve learned. Note that whenever I refer to "Tent Mode," I mean the device's screen is physically rotated (‘folded back’) more than 180 degrees. Don’t confuse this with "Tablet mode," the software-based switch available in the Win10 Action Center; when I say "Tent Mode," I refer only to *physically* folding back the screen.

First, let's establish how it behaves on the factory image (i.e. the copy of Windows that comes with the system). These are the desired/expected behaviors, which I’m listing point-by-point for comparison to how it mis-behaves on my fresh Windows 10 Pro install:

1) In Tent Mode, "Rotation Lock" is available in the Action Center; otherwise, it's greyed.
    2) In Tent Mode, "Lock rotation of this display" is available in System->Display settings; otherwise it's greyed.
    3) In Tent Mode, the “Allow the screen to auto-rotate” checkbox in the Display control panel is available; otherwise it’s greyed.
    4) In Tent Mode, the physical rotation lock button works; pressing it shows a “auto rotate on/off” OSD. Otherwise the button has no effect.
    5) In Tent Mode, registry key HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AutoRotation has Enable=1; otherwise, Enable=0. Even if you set it manually, it gets overridden to this value on reboot, etc.
    6) In Device Manager, detecting changes to and from Tent Mode seems to be handled by "Human Interface Devices/GPIO Laptop or Slate Indicator Driver" & "System Devices/Intel® Serial IO GPIO Host Controller - INT344B." Removing either stops it from detecting Tent Mode changes.
    7) In Device Manager, detecting actual screen rotation (when in Tent Mode) seems to be handled by "Human Interface Devices/I2C HID Device" (9D60), "Sensors/HID Sensor Collection v2," and "System devices/Intel® Serial IO I2C Host Controller - 9D60." Disabling any of these 3 disables rotation-sensing / rotation lock options (when in Tent Mode).
    8) If you disable the "YMC" service, rotation lock becomes available in 1-4 above, regardless of Tent Mode (aka it's always available).
    9) If you disable the "SensrSvc" service, aka "Sensor Monitoring Service," all of the rotation lock options 1-4 above become unavailable/greyed, regardless of Tent Mode (aka it’s always unavailable).

Again, it's only Tent Mode (aka physical rotation of the screen) that makes rotation lock work; toggling "Tablet Mode" in the Action Center or answering “Yes” when prompted to switch to Tablet Mode is irrelevant.

Now for direct comparison, here’s how it behaves on my fresh-installed copy of Windows 10 pro:
    1-5) Regardless of Tent Mode, these options are all greyed, the button has no effect, and the registry key has Enable=0.
    6-7) Each of these drivers are installed & working in the Device manager, and are of the same date & version as in the factory image.
    8) With the YMC service running, moving the laptop into Tent Mode it will prompt you to change to Tablet Mode – indicating that its “Tent Mode” sensor is functioning. If you stop the “YMC” service, rotation lock remains unavailable in 1-4. NOTE the difference: on the factory image, stopping YMC makes all the rotation lock options become available; here, they always remain unavailable regardless of this service.
    9) SensrSvc is set to Automatic, and running. Stopping/restarting seems to have no effect.
    10) The 'Sensor List' app (installed from app store) shows the Inclinometer properly reading changes to the system orientation.

Notice in particular that stopping “SensrSvc” on the factory image essentially makes it behave like my new/problematic system: whereas all the “Rotation Lock” stuff is supposed to be available while the tablet is physically in Tent Mode, it always remains unavailable. However, all the relevant drivers seem to be installed and of the same versions; all the services in question seem to be installed and running; and all the sensors are provably “sensing.” There are 2 sensors involved: 1) The one that senses when we switch to Tent Mode and 2) The one that senses screen rotation. I know #1 is working because when YMC is running, Windows prompts to enter Tablet Mode. I know #2 is working because ‘Sensor List’ can read orientations from the Inclinometer.

I’ve spent a crazy amount of time on this and seem to be up against a wall. If anyone can tell me how to get this rotation sensor working (aka how I can get the “rotation lock” options in 1-4 not to remain greyed when I enter Tent Mode), I’d be very appreciative.

metal450, Oct 21, 2019
Thema:

Rotation lock is not working

1. Rotation lock is not working - Similar Threads - Rotation lock working

2. Rotation lock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rotation lock: Rotation lock in windows 11 - surface pro 7 - doesn't respond to be activated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rotation-lock/6adccc37-bef3-4602-b2a5-5e084f48d66d
  3. Rotation lock

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rotation lock: Rotation lock in windows 11 - surface pro 7 - doesn't respond to be activated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rotation-lock/6adccc37-bef3-4602-b2a5-5e084f48d66d
  4. Rotation lock

in Windows 10 Customization
    Rotation lock: I have an inspiron 11 3000. How do you remove the rotation lock? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rotation-lock/88ab1fcf-c528-4289-a8db-545592ca7a9d
  5. rotation lock

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    rotation lock: I'm interested in enabling the detaching tablet to rotate orientation from Landscape to Portrait. The rotation lock -under 'Settings', as per 'Help'- won't allow that. Why?...
  6. Rotation lock

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Rotation lock: Hello, I have a 360 HP laptop, windows 10, and it just stopped rotating and turning into tablet mode when i change it's position. When I go to the action center, the rotation lock is all of the sudden greyed out, and when I checked tablet mode's settings, the "Make Windows...
  7. Rotation Lock missing, Auto-rotate doesn't work.

Rotation Lock missing, Auto-rotate doesn't work.: My SP3 just performed an update. Now the Rotation Lock is missing from the Action Center and Auto-rotate does not work. How can I fix this issue?...
  8. rotation lock

rotation lock: How do I set the rotation lock off? currently, when I flip my computer around it does not automatically rotated the view on my display on the screen of my computer. I want it to automatically rotate and it does not. Currently when I access: settings, display, the option...
  9. Rotation Lock

Rotation Lock: I am using a HP pavilion x360 with Windows 10 preinstalled. Today the Windows 10 auto updated. After this update the rotation key is greyed out and the rotation on my system does not work. I have seen some posts with similar problems but none seem to have been answered by...
  10. Screen rotation not working, rotation lock disabled

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen rotation not working, rotation lock disabled: Unlike Windows 8.1, the screen on my Yoga 2 Pro doesn't rotate when I turn the device upside down to "tent" mode after installing Windows 10. When swiping right to show the Action Center, the Rotation Lock tile is disabled, as is this setting in the Control Panel. Anyone else...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lenovo ymc problems