Windows 10: Rotation Lock missing, Auto-rotate doesn't work.

Discus and support Rotation Lock missing, Auto-rotate doesn't work. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My SP3 just performed an update. Now the Rotation Lock is missing from the Action Center and Auto-rotate does not work. How can I fix this issue?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Paul M Zahorosky, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Rotation Lock missing, Auto-rotate doesn't work.

My SP3 just performed an update. Now the Rotation Lock is missing from the Action Center and Auto-rotate does not work. How can I fix this issue?

:)

Paul M Zahorosky, Oct 10, 2019
  2. jds63 Win User

Auto rotate and g force

Really needed to list more system specs and information on this issue.So this is assuming you have this and this is the issue.

Why does my screen not rotate?

The auto rotation lock feature is turned on by default in Windows 10. Use the following steps to turn off this feature.

1. Place the tablet into Pad/Tablet mode.
    2. Click the Start
      Rotation Lock missing, Auto-rotate doesn't work. [​IMG]
      menu
      and select Settings.
    3. Click System.
    4. Click Display.
    5. Scroll down and toggle Lock rotation of this display to OFF.

jds63, Oct 10, 2019
  3. Auto rotation

Hello,

Let us isolate your concern by answering the questions below:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you checked on the action center if there is a Rotation lock option?
    In the meantime, we suggest that you check the Screen Resolution display to check if there is a setting to allow the screen to auto-rotate. Here are the steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Search for Display and then click Change display settings.
    • Mark the checkbox beside Allow the screen to auto-rotate option if possible.
    • Click Apply and then OK.
    We are looking forward to your response.

Jamille Nar, Oct 10, 2019
  4. Rotation Lock missing, Auto-rotate doesn't work.

Surface Book - Windows 10 : Auto screen rotation missing

Hello -

I also had this same problem (locked in landscape mode, no Rotate Lock/Unlock button, Surface wouldn't auto-rotate). Multiple restarts alone (with or without the keyboard) did not fix it. I was able to restore the Rotation Lock icon (and auto-rotate) with
    the following steps:

• Remove the surface keyboard (while on)
    • Manually set the display to portrait (Settings --> System --> Display --> Orientaton (portrait)
    • Restarted the Surface
    After my device restarted, the Rotation Lock icon was back and my Surface would auto-rotate again.

This has only happened to me once and this was the only fix that worked for me (other options mentioned in the forums didn't work). I hope that helps!

JoshKillgore, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

Rotation Lock missing, Auto-rotate doesn't work.

1. Rotation Lock missing, Auto-rotate doesn't work. - Similar Threads - Rotation Lock missing

2. Rotation Lock / auto rotate not present

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rotation Lock / auto rotate not present: I just purchased a brand new Surface Pro 9, upgrading from my older Surface Pro. There is no option to auto-rotate the display. I used to have a rotation lock or auto rotate option in my quick settings and in the display settings, but there is nothing there. All I am able to...
  3. Rotation Lock / auto rotate not present

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rotation Lock / auto rotate not present: I just purchased a brand new Surface Pro 9, upgrading from my older Surface Pro. There is no option to auto-rotate the display. I used to have a rotation lock or auto rotate option in my quick settings and in the display settings, but there is nothing there. All I am able to...
  4. Display Rotation Lock Doesn't Work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display Rotation Lock Doesn't Work: When I carry my HP Spectre x360 notebook while powered on it will rotate the orientation of the screen from landscape to portrait, resizing and realigning my open windows which don't revert when I set it down. I have to manually resize and reorient the open windows when I...
  5. Rotation lock is not working

Rotation lock is not working: My Haier Y11C laptop getting some trouble regarding rotation lock, I was using tablet mode and lock the rotate the rotation in portrait while reading. In that condition I switched off the laptop. When I switched on the mode is still tablet but the rotation lock option is...
  6. auto rotation

auto rotation: auto rotation does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-rotation/67d77ca5-c144-400c-8cbe-779f9d21d4a0
  7. Auto Rotate

Auto Rotate: How do I get Auto Rotate to stay on when I go between PC and Tablet. I like to use it in Tablet Mode. Are how do I get it to turn on. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-rotate/e8c8596d-cfba-41f3-8186-7111c8284ab7
  8. auto rotate

auto rotate: Why is there no allow auto rotate option since last windows update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/auto-rotate/52cf6afa-33d4-4455-8d47-1a2f6cb56a0f
  9. auto-rotating

auto-rotating: How can I make my windows tablet auto rotate? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/auto-rotating/ee898242-2b27-45e9-b96e-d3578554f0cd
  10. Screen rotation not working, rotation lock disabled

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen rotation not working, rotation lock disabled: Unlike Windows 8.1, the screen on my Yoga 2 Pro doesn't rotate when I turn the device upside down to "tent" mode after installing Windows 10. When swiping right to show the Action Center, the Rotation Lock tile is disabled, as is this setting in the Control Panel. Anyone else...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rotation lock is not comming in my action center

2. getting auto rotate windows 10

3. autorotate missing winsows 10 1909

4. dell 9635 screen doesnt rotate,
  5. tablet screen rotation doesnt work windows 10,
  6. surface pro 6 not rotating after update,
  7. rotation lock does not work,
  8. why doesnt my dell have rotation lock option,
  9. surface auto rotate missing,
  10. my system does not support auto rotation