Windows 10: Rotation lock setting keeps turning itself off but I want to keep it on

Discus and support Rotation lock setting keeps turning itself off but I want to keep it on in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I use the Rotation lock setting to fix the position of my laptop screen when I'm using the device at an angle. However, any time a charger is plugged... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Helpful212, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Rotation lock setting keeps turning itself off but I want to keep it on

I use the Rotation lock setting to fix the position of my laptop screen when I'm using the device at an angle. However, any time a charger is plugged in or unplugged the Rotation lock setting turns off. Additionally, the setting sometimes randomly turns off for no reason, and the laptop screen starts flipping over while I'm trying to use it. I do not want the screen to autorotate. I am not using tablet mode. (I am using Windows 10 on a Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro-1370)

Another quick actions setting I use often, Night light, does not have either of these issues and will stay on until I turn it off.

Why would the Rotation lock setting change on its own by random or when the charger cord is plugged in when every other setting is unaffected?

:)

Helpful212, Nov 29, 2018
  2. jds63 Win User

Auto rotate and g force

Really needed to list more system specs and information on this issue.So this is assuming you have this and this is the issue.

Why does my screen not rotate?

The auto rotation lock feature is turned on by default in Windows 10. Use the following steps to turn off this feature.

1. Place the tablet into Pad/Tablet mode.
    2. Click the Start
      Rotation lock setting keeps turning itself off but I want to keep it on [​IMG]
      menu
      and select Settings.
    3. Click System.
    4. Click Display.
    5. Scroll down and toggle Lock rotation of this display to OFF.

jds63, Nov 29, 2018
  3. Ralph Sta Win User
    screen rotation

Hi Brandon,

There are several reasons why the screen of your netbook is not rotating. One common reason is the auto rotation feature is locked, you can check it by following these steps:

• On your keyboard, press Windows + A.
    • Click Expand.
    • Click Rotation lock, and make sure it is turned off.
    • Test your netbook if it's properly rotating.

Keep us updated.

Regards.

Ralph Sta, Nov 29, 2018
  4. marvinb Win User

Rotation lock setting keeps turning itself off but I want to keep it on

Auto rotate and g force

I dont have that option in settings. I go to settings and the display is in the sysyem folder and it doesn't have that option. This is a flexx11 that had win 8.1 did the upgrade about 5 weeks ago and everything was fine. Keyboard started messing up and cust support had me do a reset. During that time it installed a very different win 10 than the converted one. When using it for games it doesnt respond to turning either, figure it's connected. Thanks

marvinb, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

Rotation lock setting keeps turning itself off but I want to keep it on

1. Rotation lock setting keeps turning itself off but I want to keep it on - Similar Threads - Rotation lock setting

2. Touchpad keeps turning itself off.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad keeps turning itself off.: Every time I restart my computer I have to go to settings and re-enable my touchpad because for some reason it keeps turning off automatically. This issue started very randomly a few days ago and I'm not sure what I should do other than keep turning it back on constantly. How...
  3. Touchpad keeps turning itself off.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad keeps turning itself off.: Every time I restart my computer I have to go to settings and re-enable my touchpad because for some reason it keeps turning off automatically. This issue started very randomly a few days ago and I'm not sure what I should do other than keep turning it back on constantly. How...
  4. Windows spotlight keeps turning itself off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows spotlight keeps turning itself off: Every so often, windows will turn off Windows spotlight, and I can't figure out why. For the background image, I choose "spotlight" and leave it. Then I'll notice that the background becomes solid black, and I go back into the settings to see the background image was changed...
  5. Screensaver keeps turning itself off.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screensaver keeps turning itself off.: I don't like having to turn off my monitor. My screensaver is turning off for some reason. Can I get some help? Windows version 10 pro version 1903 OS build 18362.959 160954
  6. Screensaver keeps turning itself off.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screensaver keeps turning itself off.: I don't like having to turn off my monitor. My screensaver is turning off for some reason. Can I get some help? Windows version 10 pro version 1903 OS build 18362.959 160954
  7. WLAN AutoConfig keeps turning itself off.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WLAN AutoConfig keeps turning itself off.: This error does not allow me to use WiFi at all, I believe it was caused by a corruption by forcing my laptop to turn off. There were other errors that came along with it, but it seems they have been resolved on their own. Anyway, I have tried as much as I can through online...
  8. Hotstop keeps turning itself off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hotstop keeps turning itself off: Hello, i have an add-in network card that provides Bluetooth and Wi-Fi broadcasting to my desktop PC. My problem is that the hotstop keeps turning itself off, plus i found no way to turn it on automatically whenever i log into my PC AND no way to keep it on permanently. I'm...
  9. Computer keeps turning itself on and off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer keeps turning itself on and off: I am very frustrated with Microsoft and the Edge from 10. my COMPUTER KEEPS TURNING ITSELF ON AND OFF FOR NO REASON AND IT IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!! HOW DO I FIX THIS PROBLEM I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING AND IT DOES NOT HELP THE PROBLEM. * Moved from MSN?Accounts...
  10. Num lock keeps turning off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Num lock keeps turning off: My Num Lock keeps turning off every time I turn PC on from Lock/Sleep/Hibernate/Restart/Start. This is really annoying. I've looked everywhere with no success. I have Acer Predator 15....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rotation lock going on and off

2. why does windows 10 rotation lock keep setting itself