Windows 10: rotation lock

Discus and support rotation lock in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I set the rotation lock off? currently, when I flip my computer around it does not automatically rotated the view on my display on the screen of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SofiaZarolnick, Sep 11, 2018.

1. rotation lock

How do I set the rotation lock off? currently, when I flip my computer around it does not automatically rotated the view on my display on the screen of my computer. I want it to automatically rotate and it does not. Currently when I access: settings, display, the option rotation lock is greyed out and set to the 'off' setting. I want to be able to automatically rotate the display screen as I rotate my device and it is not doing that now. I can manually change it every time by going into settings, ….. but I don't want to have to do that every time in order for it to switch to landscape, landscape (flipped), portrait, portrait (flipped). Please help me!

I have a Dell Inspiron 5579

intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz 1/80GHz

Installed RAM 8.00 GB (7.84 GB usable)

Device ID 77C0012C-64CD-4A39-A378-F5B6F3FD8616

Product ID 00325-95800-00000-AAOEM

System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

pen and touch support with 10 touch points

Windows 10 Home

Version 1803

OS build 1713.228

Thank you!

Sofia

:)

SofiaZarolnick, Sep 11, 2018
  2. jds63 Win User

Auto rotate and g force

Really needed to list more system specs and information on this issue.So this is assuming you have this and this is the issue.

Why does my screen not rotate?

The auto rotation lock feature is turned on by default in Windows 10. Use the following steps to turn off this feature.

1. Place the tablet into Pad/Tablet mode.
    2. Click the Start
      rotation lock [​IMG]
      menu
      and select Settings.
    3. Click System.
    4. Click Display.
    5. Scroll down and toggle Lock rotation of this display to OFF.

jds63, Sep 11, 2018
  3. Ralph Sta Win User
    screen rotation

Hi Brandon,

There are several reasons why the screen of your netbook is not rotating. One common reason is the auto rotation feature is locked, you can check it by following these steps:

• On your keyboard, press Windows + A.
    • Click Expand.
    • Click Rotation lock, and make sure it is turned off.
    • Test your netbook if it's properly rotating.

Keep us updated.

Regards.

Ralph Sta, Sep 11, 2018
  4. rotation lock

Auto rotation

Hello,

Let us isolate your concern by answering the questions below:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you checked on the action center if there is a Rotation lock option?
    In the meantime, we suggest that you check the Screen Resolution display to check if there is a setting to allow the screen to auto-rotate. Here are the steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Search for Display and then click Change display settings.
    • Mark the checkbox beside Allow the screen to auto-rotate option if possible.
    • Click Apply and then OK.
    We are looking forward to your response.

Jamille Nar, Sep 11, 2018
Thema:

rotation lock

1. rotation lock - Similar Threads - rotation lock

2. How to get the Rotation Lock option or at least stop the unexpected rotation when using the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get the Rotation Lock option or at least stop the unexpected rotation when using the...: I have noticed the rotation lock doesn't exist on some deviced because of manually rotating the screen is a thing. But what if I want to prevent that? I use a controller to game but keeps controlling the mouse and some unwanted actions like screen rotation midgame. Best case...
  3. How to get the Rotation Lock option or at least stop the unexpected rotation when using the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get the Rotation Lock option or at least stop the unexpected rotation when using the...: I have noticed the rotation lock doesn't exist on some deviced because of manually rotating the screen is a thing. But what if I want to prevent that? I use a controller to game but keeps controlling the mouse and some unwanted actions like screen rotation midgame. Best case...
  4. Rotation Lock: Unable to enable the rotation lock on display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rotation Lock: Unable to enable the rotation lock on display: HelloMy laptop is tilts screen when I tilt my laptop, I'm trying to enable the rotation lock but it is grey out. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rotation-lock-unable-to-enable-the-rotation-lock/119dfde8-bebc-4180-89c0-63996fc76372
  5. Rotation Lock: Unable to enable the rotation lock on display

Rotation Lock: Unable to enable the rotation lock on display: HelloMy laptop is tilts screen when I tilt my laptop, I'm trying to enable the rotation lock but it is grey out. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rotation-lock-unable-to-enable-the-rotation-lock/119dfde8-bebc-4180-89c0-63996fc76372
  6. Rotation lock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rotation lock: Rotation lock in windows 11 - surface pro 7 - doesn't respond to be activated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rotation-lock/6adccc37-bef3-4602-b2a5-5e084f48d66d
  7. Rotation lock

Rotation lock: Rotation lock in windows 11 - surface pro 7 - doesn't respond to be activated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rotation-lock/6adccc37-bef3-4602-b2a5-5e084f48d66d
  8. After turning off the Rotation lock in windows 11 , Still screen is not rotating automatically.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After turning off the Rotation lock in windows 11 , Still screen is not rotating automatically.: Hi ,I am having 2 in 1 laptop with windows 11 , one of the feature stop working i.e automatic rotation .I tried disabling the auto rotation in windows display setting still it is not working .Is there a fix for this?...
  9. After turning off the Rotation lock in windows 11 , Still screen is not rotating automatically.

After turning off the Rotation lock in windows 11 , Still screen is not rotating automatically.: Hi ,I am having 2 in 1 laptop with windows 11 , one of the feature stop working i.e automatic rotation .I tried disabling the auto rotation in windows display setting still it is not working .Is there a fix for this?...
  10. Rotation Lock is greyed out after last Windows updates.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rotation Lock is greyed out after last Windows updates.: I have a Lenovo Flex 5-14ARE05 Laptop IdeaPad, and it used to automatically rotate up until the last Windows updates. This has happened before, but I ended up solving it. But this time, I have tried everything and nothing works. I have tried Safe Mode. Restarting it numerous...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. email @rotation.info

2. rotation lock windows 10 not showing

3. what to do when you computer is on rotation lock

4. windows 10 orientation lock,
  5. not able to select rotation lock dell laptop,
  6. my computer is stuck in rotation lock,
  7. rotation lock,
  8. lock signal rotation info