Windows 10: Router based Link Aggregation - Windows 10 behavior question

Discus and support Router based Link Aggregation - Windows 10 behavior question in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I have a router that supports link aggregation and a motherboard with 2 ethernet ports. I've configured the link aggregation on the router... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jbow234, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Router based Link Aggregation - Windows 10 behavior question

Router based Link Aggregation - Windows 10 behavior question rt0JQo615USxn-thK7eXzggToHijmIyYX5l1dWTXtC4.jpg

I have a router that supports link aggregation and a motherboard with 2 ethernet ports. I've configured the link aggregation on the router but seeing a strange behavior on the windows 10 side.

Before the link aggregation configuration on the router, both ports on windows show as

Ethernet port 1: Connected

Ethernet port 2: Connected

After the link aggregation on the router

Ethernet port 1: Connected

Ethernet port 2: No Internet

Is this normal behavior on Windows 10? I'm guessing the router automatically manages the two ports and start opening the other one as needed? Or its still technically open and used since it only says "no internet" but it doesn't say "not connected" so its definitely detecting the connection.

Motherboard: Gigabyte Designare 10G (has 2x10G ports)

Router: QSW-M408-4C

https://preview.redd.it/83n3k4hzf7n...bp&s=dfa514b544d0e45de5511c4bf87bab3817f06171

https://preview.redd.it/p3jxtwbyf7n...bp&s=db47857e9caf6304361a30d03eaf2b399ffcc2ec

submitted by /u/jbow234
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jbow234, Sep 14, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 14, 2020
  3. Gino Des Win User
    wireless conection to router

Hi,

To better assist you, we would like to know the following information:

• Are you able to see the router's name in the wireless networks list?
    • Are you able to connect to the router but unable to connect to the Internet?
    • Do you receive any error message when connecting to the router? If yes, what is the exact error message that you receive?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems. Kindly follow the steps below:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Network troubleshooter, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If the issue persists, kindly try the troubleshooting steps on the following link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

We recommend that you try the steps on the Update the network adapter driver,
    Run the Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands,
    Temporarily turn off firewalls
    and Use network reset to reinstall network devices sections.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Sep 14, 2020
  4. IggSter Win User

Router based Link Aggregation - Windows 10 behavior question

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

Router based Link Aggregation - Windows 10 behavior question

1. Router based Link Aggregation - Windows 10 behavior question - Similar Threads - Router based Link

2. quick question, is aggrevator? aggregator?.exe safe?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    quick question, is aggrevator? aggregator?.exe safe?: i've noticed it running in the backround on my pc in task manager, i've ended it a few times worried about a virus, could i have a straight up answer is it safe? yes or no...
  3. quick question, is aggrevator? aggregator?.exe safe?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    quick question, is aggrevator? aggregator?.exe safe?: i've noticed it running in the backround on my pc in task manager, i've ended it a few times worried about a virus, could i have a straight up answer is it safe? yes or no...
  4. Windows 10 Dual Boot behavior question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Dual Boot behavior question: When I installed Window 10 last year, I setup the system for dual boot with the original Win 7 OS intact. I can successfully boot either OS so this is working I think as intended. But there is a boot behavior that I find annoying.If you just let the boot process proceed, it...
  5. question about robocopy behavior...

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    question about robocopy behavior...: I was trying to do a quick backup of my documents folder, so decided to use robocopy with the /MIR switch: robocopy C:\Users\Brian\Documents D:\Backups\X390\Current\Documents /MIR It was taking a really long time, and what I discovered is that robocopy also backed up my...
  6. Aggregate Audio Devices in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Aggregate Audio Devices in Windows 10: Hi, I'm an Audio Production professional a mix engineer, and I just built a new PC. I'm switching over from Mac because I could build a better PC than what apple has to offer for a better price. My question is simple: Is there a way to aggregate my audio devices in...
  7. 2 Ethernet Ports Link Aggregation - Router + Windows Configuration

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2 Ethernet Ports Link Aggregation - Router + Windows Configuration: [ATTACH] I just got a new motherboard with two ethernet ports. I'm trying to setup link aggregation with my router (qnap) that also supports it. My question is: do I need to setup link aggregation in the router AND also configure windows 10 team? Is configuration needed...
  8. aggregate rss link with custome filter and get a new unique rss link ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    aggregate rss link with custome filter and get a new unique rss link ?: As per title, is there ony only service or program that allows you to input different generic rss link, allowes you to put some filter to the many results of such rss and gives you a new unique rss link with only the filtered link ?...
  9. Router TP LINK - no internet access for few seconds. Question.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Router TP LINK - no internet access for few seconds. Question.: Hello. My router TP LINK. Have an question. Connected to wall. Laptop wifi. Yesterday get No internet access for only 5-6 seconds and then internet back and no issues. Is this something with router , or ignore this? I ask because 2 weeks ago i had power out due to washing...
  10. ?Question about virus behavior.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    ?Question about virus behavior.: Hi all, story; I got a virus about 6 months ago[?],,around then,, I had a pro-virus program, and it found virus after virus,after virus,,,,uhh infected files,,, my question is; why didnt the virus program kill the "source of the virus"? was i helping to spread it by...