Windows 10: Router cloud drive not recognized

Discus and support Router cloud drive not recognized in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have an Asus router with a USB drive attached as a cloud drive. I updated Windows 10 to some updated files. I can connect to the router using a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RobertCourtney1, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Router cloud drive not recognized

I have an Asus router with a USB drive attached as a cloud drive. I updated Windows 10 to some updated files. I can connect to the router using a browser. I see in file explorer a device that looks like it is disk on the Asus router. When I click it, it opens the browser for the Asus router login or main page if I am already longed in. But, I cannot get to the drive. I have tried using ftp to connect from the Windows 10 system and it will not let me connect to the drive at all. I saw the disk before updating the system software. Does anybody know what is going on? I can see the disk on my TV which is on the same network and I can access it. But from Windows 10 I can't see it.

:)

RobertCourtney1, Sep 24, 2018
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Sep 24, 2018
  3. backup drive not recognized

Hi,

As per the description, I understand that the external backup is not being recognized. I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter and check for status.

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” option on top left pane.
    • Select “Hardware and Devices” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 24, 2018
  4. David Haz Win User

Router cloud drive not recognized

Windows 10 recognizes my SD Card as a local drive

Jon,

You posted that you would try the suggested steps by Tryx3. May we have an update if the suggested steps have resolved the issue about your SD card being recognized as a fixed drive in Windows 10?

David Haz, Sep 24, 2018
Thema:

Router cloud drive not recognized

1. Router cloud drive not recognized - Similar Threads - Router cloud drive

2. Accessing a drive connected to router

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accessing a drive connected to router: I have a hard disk connected to my router's USB port. I confirmed that the HD is compatible with the router.My goal is to use this HD as a 'network attached storage' so other computers on the same wireless network can access to HD to add files to it or download anything...
  3. Accessing a drive connected to router

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accessing a drive connected to router: I have a hard disk connected to my router's USB port. I confirmed that the HD is compatible with the router.My goal is to use this HD as a 'network attached storage' so other computers on the same wireless network can access to HD to add files to it or download anything...
  4. Accessing a drive connected to router

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. USB drive in router

USB drive in router: I notice this topic has come up before but my symptoms are a bit different. I have a USB stick in the port on my router. This is recognised and mapped on a desktop and two laptops. On one laptop, the drive is sometimes unavailable. Maybe for a couple of days. And then...
  6. Time Warner Router wont recognize USB drive

Time Warner Router wont recognize USB drive: i have a time warner router, came with the router when i subscribed to time warner. anyway, there are two USB ports on the router, i tried plugging in a regular USB drive into both the top and bottom 2 drives. i went and logged into the router, using 192.168.0.1. was able...
  7. Lan cable is not recognized but directly at the router already?

Lan cable is not recognized but directly at the router already?: The lan cable on my laptop is no longer recognized. But only in my room. If I connect it directly to the router via LAN it works smoothly. Operating system is Win 10. Router is a Fritzbox. Lan Kabel wird nicht erkannt aber direkt am Router schon?
  8. Recognizing new modem/router combination

Recognizing new modem/router combination: I recently changed out my separate modem and router to a Netgear C6300 modem/router combination. I have 2 desktop units that are hard wired to this new unit. Every device is fine and updated except one of my desktop units. It connects to the internet, but does not connect...
  9. external drive or cloud

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    external drive or cloud: I have some family photos in the Onedrive cloud. For security reasons, I would prefer to keep them locally. I have a WD eternal drive that has backups of my OS. Can I place a folder of the photos on that drive in or will that disturb the Macrium imaging backup and recovery...
  10. Using a Pen Drive with the Router

Using a Pen Drive with the Router: My BT Homehub 5 has a USB socket that I permanently have a pen drive connected to. I use this to backup a number of my files. How safe is this? On my computer the files are protected by firewall and anti- virus. On the router I do not know what protection there is ,if any,...