Windows 10: Router Ethernet Port problem.

Discus and support Router Ethernet Port problem. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have just been supplied with a new router by my fibre optic supplier. The router has 4 Ethernet ports and I have my PC connected to one of them. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kashegan, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Kashegan Win User

Router Ethernet Port problem.

I have just been supplied with a new router by my fibre optic supplier. The router has 4 Ethernet ports and I have my PC connected to one of them. I also have a set top box for my streaming TV signal, this is connected by cable to another of the Ethernet ports. The PC connection is reliable and does not drop out, but the set top box connection keeps freezing and then refuses to restart. The only solution is to turn off the power to the router and restart the router. I have tried swapping round the Ethernet connections and connecting alternate equipment but all is OK. Why would one Ethernet connection refuse to work , when connected to the set top box, while the others are all OK?

:)

Kashegan, Sep 22, 2020

2. Can't connect to router settings through Ethernet

If you don't get anything back, and you've already tried resetting the router, then try booting a linux liveCD on the PC and accessing your router via browser on the linux environment over ethernet. If that works then we can assume the issues lies with your network configuration on the Windows 10 machine - something like a proxy setting, protocol setting, or driver is causing issues. Troubleshoot those manually or reset to factory defaults.

If linux can't access the router, we can assume the problem is hardware-based. Test as many of the following as possible:

• Use a different ethernet port on the PC (might have to add a NIC if
      you have an old one laying around)
    • Use a different ethernet port on
      the router
    • Use a different ethernet cable
    • Try a different router
    • Try a shorter cable

This process should step you through the remaining possibilities. With every part of the chain tested, there is no possibility of the problem remaining after proper implementation of this process, unless you happen to be operating in an unusually high radiation or electromagnetic field.

Adam Wykes, Sep 22, 2020
  3. IggSter Win User
    How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Sep 22, 2020
  4. Router Ethernet Port problem.

Only IPV6 connection through ethernet, ipv4 not connecting (Through google fiber, no router/modem)

1. I was last able to access sites two days ago at night. Yesterday, all ipv4 connections failed.

2. I last patched to the latest version of windows 4-5 days ago, but internet was working fine for 2-3 days after the patch.

3. I'm using chrome, I've tried Edge to no avail.

• I plugged a different computer into the same cord and ethernet port, got the same problem
    • I plugged the this computer with the same cord into a different ethernet port, same problem
    • I plugged this computer with a different cord into the same ethernet port, same problem
    I believe it may be an issue with the building's ethernet itself. However, using a wireless connection to a router that is plugged into the building ethernet through a third port works fine.

I also tried all the steps linked there, no success. I have also tried forcing static ip's for IPV4 connection, but no success there either.

th3ch0wst3r, Sep 22, 2020
Thema:

Router Ethernet Port problem.

1. Router Ethernet Port problem. - Similar Threads - Router Ethernet Port

2. ETHERNET PORT AND NETWORK

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ETHERNET PORT AND NETWORK: Hi I bought from the market USB Ethernet Adapter Version QTS1081B no 9700 and it has CD for driver installationhence may laptop has no CD drive so where can i download applicable driver from?...
  3. ETHERNET PORT AND NETWORK

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ETHERNET PORT AND NETWORK: Hi I bought from the market USB Ethernet Adapter Version QTS1081B no 9700 and it has CD for driver installationhence may laptop has no CD drive so where can i download applicable driver from?...
  4. Ethernet Port Issues

Ethernet Port Issues: I am having troubles with my ethernet port not connecting to my router. The router shows that it is sending data to the ethernet port, but when I run the troubleshooting, it is saying "Ethernet 2 doesn't have a valid IP Configuration". I haven't messed with my config and...
  5. 2 Ethernet Ports Link Aggregation - Router + Windows Configuration

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2 Ethernet Ports Link Aggregation - Router + Windows Configuration: [ATTACH] I just got a new motherboard with two ethernet ports. I'm trying to setup link aggregation with my router (qnap) that also supports it. My question is: do I need to setup link aggregation in the router AND also configure windows 10 team? Is configuration needed...
  6. Ethernet Adapter/mobo Port Problem

Ethernet Adapter/mobo Port Problem: I bought a Gigabyte network adapter to improve speed and quality of my internet on my pc. Installed the updated drivers for it. I get this red X on the network ethernet adapter info on my computer that says ethernet cable disconnected when in fact it is connected and getting...
  7. HUAWEI router Ethernet not working

HUAWEI router Ethernet not working: How are you doing? i have a small LTE router from HUAWEI, i have provided it to ISP and registered with new Public IP address.... Now when i connect wifi to my pc or phone it works, but when i connect ethernet cable to the PC or NVR(cctv camera) wifi do not work and...
  8. ethernet adapter and router

ethernet adapter and router: I have Windows 10 on my desktop and my wife has a chromebook. I have bridged my ISP's gateway and used my own router before but it its old. First would you recommend my own router rather than the ISP gateway router I am using now? Secondly, to ensure security if the...
  9. Ethernet lan port problem

Ethernet lan port problem: Hello, I have just installed windows 10 pro from windows 7 pro. The problem is that my Ethernet connection from my router used to work just fine on windows 7 and i have also tested it on another computer and it works fine also. My router is a ZTE ZXHN H108N Series and shows a...
  10. Ethernet Problems Cant identify the network but my router sees it

Ethernet Problems Cant identify the network but my router sees it: Ever since i upgraded to the latest version of windows 10 my Ethernet has been broken i have tried installing the drivers from intel directly it still doesn't work. If anyone has any possible solutions help would be appreciated and if more information is needed i can give...