Windows 10: Router flaws put AT&T customers at hacking risk

Discus and support Router flaws put AT&T customers at hacking risk in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Thousands of routers, many of which belong to AT&T U-verse customers, can be easily and remotely hacked through several critical security... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Borg 386, Sep 5, 2017.

1. Borg 386 Win User

Router flaws put AT&T customers at hacking risk

Router flaws put ATT customers at hacking risk | ZDNet

:)

Borg 386, Sep 5, 2017

2. Can a cingular/att 8125 be upgraded to windows mobile 6

To find an official upgrade, tyou will have to look on the AT&T website. There are "hacks" out there but proceed at you own risk....

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Sep 5, 2017
  3. CJLim Win User
    Long wifi password typing issue

Haven't you heard about the security flaw with WPS? Routers with WPS enabled are susceptible to hacking. Owners of routers with WPS areadviced to disable it. Google WPS security flaw and you will see what I mean.

CJLim, Sep 5, 2017
  4. Jezza819 Win User

That's not good. We are supposed to be getting AT&T fiber optic where I live sometime later this fall.

Jezza819, Sep 5, 2017
  5. Arelem Win User
    I read this yesterday and forgot to check my U-Verse router to see if its an affected one last night.

They are already offering fiber service in my neighborhood, but from what I understand, you get a new router of a different type than the standard U-Verse one.

Arelem, Sep 5, 2017
  6. Tony K Win User
    Thanks for posting that, Borg. I've got AT&T ADSL (connected to fiber a quarter mile away), but with a Pace router, which is now owned by Arris. Of course a different router model than mentioned in the article, but one does get concerned when learning this kind of hacking.

The article states that Arris commented, but nothing from AT&T yet. The author stated he would update the article when they do.

I bet there's some coders that are going to be busy writing a patch for this.

Tony K, Sep 5, 2017
  7. Phone Man Win User
    I got AT&T Fiber in Jan and love it. My u-verse modem/router is a Pace 5268acfxn.
    No hacks yet as far as I know. *Banghead

Phone Man, Sep 5, 2017
  8. stormy13 Win User

Easy solution, put the AT&T modem/ router in bridge mode and use your own router.

Personally I would never rely on/trust an ISP provided router for my home network.

stormy13, Sep 5, 2017
  9. Jezza819 Win User
    Yeah I'm kind of looking forward to it.

Jezza819, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Router flaws put AT&T customers at hacking risk - Similar Threads - Router flaws put

2. Scammer hacked my laptop and maybe router?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Scammer hacked my laptop and maybe router?: I got scammed. I’ve ran the 2 malware software programs as well as a full mcafee scan and both came up negative. However there is a program icon that’s still on my desktop and when the program is searched for by name in the search box it pops up. How do I get rid of this...
  3. Router firewall ICMP risks and threats?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Router firewall ICMP risks and threats?: Hello everyone I have found out, that my Router firewall has never blocked ICMP traffic. There is a lot of opinions online regarding ICMP, and whether it should be disabled or limited. So far I have found out, that it can exploited to monitor network traffic / I/O traffic...
  4. Risk of system getting hacked through the internet or Wi-fi?

Risk of system getting hacked through the internet or Wi-fi?: Dear everyone I am not a high profile person or anything like that. I just dislike the idea, that someone with bad intentions could access my personal files, documents, photos etc. (personal diary, baby pictures of my children etc.) I am not worried about anyone getting a...
  5. AT&T and my computer router issue

AT&T and my computer router issue: Hey there everyone, Hopefully you recall what I posted in introduction post. Since then I have tried right clicking the router so it would open up the necessary dialog. for completeness sake my windows version is Windows 10, 2020. Unfortunately that technique did not work....
  6. AT&T and my computer router issue

in Windows 10 Support
    AT&T and my computer router issue: Hey there everyone, Hopefully you recall what I posted in introduction post. Since then I have tried right clicking the router so it would open up the necessary dialog. for completeness sake my windows version is Windows 10, 2020. Unfortunately that technique did not work....
  7. AT&T and my computer router issue

in Windows 10 Support
    AT&T and my computer router issue: Hey there everyone, Hopefully you recall what I posted in introduction post. Since then I have tried right clicking the router so it would open up the necessary dialog. for completeness sake my windows version is Windows 10. Unfortunately that technique did not work. This is...
  8. Why is Microsoft putting my computer at risk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is Microsoft putting my computer at risk: Microsoft Insisted on giving a fictitious computer name something more like an address. when that did not work you insisted that I use 1 nominated by yourselves. In the communications for this it was compromised. I deleted it along with all passwords connected. ever since you...
  9. Dell, Toshiba, and Lenovo PCs at risk of bloatware security flaws

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Dell, Toshiba, and Lenovo PCs at risk of bloatware security flaws: A trifecta of vulnerabilities has been found in software preinstalled on a number of Dell, Toshiba, and Lenovo consumer and enterprise PCs and tablets, affecting millions of users. A user can be tricked into opening a specially-crafted web page, either as a drive-by...
  10. Draconian OS W10 putting kids at added risk?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Draconian OS W10 putting kids at added risk?: MS REQUIRES you to use their privacy obliterating online account in order to be able to set up family filters in W10. Does anyone else find this to be completely and absolutely unacceptable? The content filter was a fairly helpful tool. Now MS has removed it from W10 unless...