Windows 10: Router in Network Infrastructure right click menu gone after KB4586781

Discus and support Router in Network Infrastructure right click menu gone after KB4586781 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After installing KB4586781, the right click menu on my router disappeared in the Network Infrastructure group. Other items listed in the network group... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HHH03, Nov 25, 2020.

1. HHH03 Win User

Router in Network Infrastructure right click menu gone after KB4586781

After installing KB4586781, the right click menu on my router disappeared in the Network Infrastructure group. Other items listed in the network group still work correctly with the right click menu. I did an uninstall of KB4586781 and the right click menu of my router returned to normal. I really don't want to uninstall a windows update because of a minor issue like a right click menu. I'm hoping there's a registry trick that might bring the right click menu back.
    Windows 10 Pro 20H2 build: 19042.630

Router in Network Infrastructure right click menu gone after KB4586781 [​IMG]

Router in Network Infrastructure right click menu gone after KB4586781 [​IMG]

:)

HHH03, Nov 25, 2020
  2. Spikey020 Win User

Unknown router in network infrastructure

hello,

I have a situation, when I check the network infrastructure settings on my Windows 7 machine I see an unknown router appearing twice, but strangely not my own modem/router, I have a Zyxel modem/router but this is not showing, not really sure what is going
    on, my internet connection is working fine. I have included a screenshot of the network infrastructure .settings.

Any advice appreciated

Router in Network Infrastructure right click menu gone after KB4586781 9973497c-87b6-46d3-bbc2-53f907901e85?upload=true.jpg

Spikey020, Nov 25, 2020
  3. Naki Win User
    Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

4. Kandi9973 Win User

Router NOT showing up in Network Infrastructure

Hi,

I have three computers on my home network. Computer #1 is connected to my Cisco DPQ3925 router via ethernet, as is computer #2 via WiFi. I can logon to the router’s web administration page via a web browser on both of those computers.
    Computer #3 is also connected to the same router via ethernet, and, up until recently, I was able to access the router’s admin page on it as well; no problem. But now, on computer #3, when I type 192.168.0.1 (or 192.168.1.1) in the address
    bar of the web browser (or use the “router123” web page,) I am redirected to the Microsoft Windows Internet Information Services web page. I’ve used Edge, IE, Firefox, and Google Chrome, all with the same result.

There is no entry in the “Hosts” file causing this redirection. I’ve consulted my ISP’s technical support twice and they have been unable to solve the issue (Cisco says the ISP owns the router and it uses the ISP’s
    software.) I’ve exchanged the router for an identical substitute and have the same problem. I’ve reset both the old and the new routers to factory defaults, and upgraded the firmware: No improvement. I’ve reset the winsock, and released and renewed the IP
    address (although I’m using static IPs on all my devices.) Clearly, something has changed on computer #3, but I have no idea what or when, and, since everything else works fine, I’m hesitant to do a restore to an earlier time.

I’ve come to suspect that the problem lies in the fact that, despite being able to access the both my home network and the internet, computer #3 is not “seeing” the router. For example, both computers #1&2 list
    “Cisco DPQ3925” under Network Infrastructure in their respective Network Explorers. However, computer #3 does not. It can ping the router, and private network discovery and file/printer sharing are turned on. I’ve turned
    off the Windows firewall and Windows Defender. The Server service, all the Network services, and all three “Peer” and all three “Diagnostic” services are running. Still the router does not appear in #3’s Network Explorer.
    I’ve typed “L: \\Cisco DPQ3925”, but am told “Windows cannot access
    L: \\Cisco DPQ3925,” which, as I understand it, means, as far as computer #3 is concerned, the router does not exist. However, I am also given
    error code 0x80004005, which, according to various sources, could mean a missing DLL or corrupted Registry (I update the computer, run Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool, and clean the Registry with CCleaner regularly.) And, when I ran the diagnostics,
    I was told “the DNS server might be unavailable.” However, the DNS service is up and running.

I’m at my wits end. Can anyone help me?

· Is there a connection between this failure to list the router in the Network Explorer and my inability to access the router’s admin page?

· What could be making the router “invisible” to the Network Explorer, and how can I change that?

· Does the fact that Windows “cannot access
    L: \\Cisco DPQ3925” confirm that it cannot see the router because it doesn’t think it’s there? If so, what can I do?

· Does error 0x80004005 mean there’s a missing/corrupt DLL or Registry file? If so, how do I go about finding/repairing the problem file?

· Is it caused by a missing “share,” and if so how do I create one?

· Do I need to “mount” the router on the C:/ drive? If so, how?

· Any other ideas?

Please help, I’m at a complete loss and nobody I’ve consulted has a clue! Thanks in advance for any advice/guidance you might give.

Kandi9973, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Router in Network Infrastructure right click menu gone after KB4586781 - Similar Threads - Router Network Infrastructure

2. Open With is gone from the right-click on a file Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open With is gone from the right-click on a file Menu: Why would Microsoft remove the Open With option when right-clicking on a file in Windows 11? Who makes a poor design decision like that and why?...
  3. Open With is gone from the right-click on a file Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open With is gone from the right-click on a file Menu: Why would Microsoft remove the Open With option when right-clicking on a file in Windows 11? Who makes a poor design decision like that and why?...
  4. Right-click menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right-click menu: I work with *.py Python files all day. These files are associated with Python for direct running, but to edit a .py file I right-click on a file to get to an editor, either VSCode , IDLE, or EditPlus. Unfortunately, I can't select any of these directly. Instead, I have to...
  5. Right-click menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right-click menu: I work with *.py Python files all day. These files are associated with Python for direct running, but to edit a .py file I right-click on a file to get to an editor, either VSCode , IDLE, or EditPlus. Unfortunately, I can't select any of these directly. Instead, I have to...
  6. right click menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    right click menu: how do i remove something off the right click menu submitted by /u/kubunio10 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mopspb/right_click_menu/
  7. Router in Network Infrastructure right click menu gone after KB4586781

in Windows 10 Support
    Router in Network Infrastructure right click menu gone after KB4586781: After installing KB4586781, the right click menu on my router disappeared in the Network Infrastructure group. Other items listed in the network group still work correctly with the right click menu. I did an uninstall of KB4586781 and the right click menu of my router...
  8. Router Right Click Properties Menu missing after KB4586781 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Router Right Click Properties Menu missing after KB4586781 update: After I installed KB4586781 update, my router right click menu is gone in the Network Infrastructure area. Everything else is fine but the right click menu for it. If I uninstallKB4586781 update, the right click menu will return. Hopefully, a simple registry trick can fix...
  9. right click menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    right click menu: when using the right click menu, how do i get a "confirm" option before deleting a file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-menu/5122906b-d095-4233-a785-1aadb877a634"
  10. Router NOT showing up in Network Infrastructure

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Router NOT showing up in Network Infrastructure: Hi, I have three computers on my home network. Computer #1 is connected to my Cisco DPQ3925 router via ethernet, as is computer #2 via WiFi. I can logon to the router’s web administration page via a web browser on both of those computers. Computer #3 is also connected to...
Tags: