Windows 10: Router is invisible just for my PC

Discus and support Router is invisible just for my PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello I'm using Windows 10 64 bit on Dell Inspiron, now my PC cant detect my router (I can't see it via wireless ) D link 2750 U. I installed the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by hpbaxxter, May 12, 2017.

1. hpbaxxter Win User

Router is invisible just for my PC

Hello
    I'm using Windows 10 64 bit on Dell Inspiron, now my PC cant detect my router (I can't see it via wireless ) D link 2750 U.
    I installed the latest firmware from the official site.
    My PC can detect any router but mine D link 2750U, and the D link 2750 U could be detected by the other PC but mine !

Note: Sometimes my router be visible and I could connected to it but after a lot of reboots .

:)

hpbaxxter, May 12, 2017

2. Router is invisible just for my PC !

Thank you for sharing this information as this be could be helpful to other community members facing the same issue.

If you have other concerns, please be sure to post them in the Community.

Rolando Vil, May 12, 2017
  3. Router is invisible just for my PC !

Hi Ramzi,

Kindly check the settings of your D-Link 2750U router to ensure that the SSID broadcast has not been disabled. Since this will prevent you from seeing your wireless network.

If the issue remains, here is a link showing you for some things that try to resolve you networking issues such as running the Network troubleshooter and using network reset to reinstall network devices:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10.

Rolando Vil, May 12, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Do you mean you can't connect to the router home page or you can't see it via wireless to connect to the net

Samuria, May 12, 2017
  5. hpbaxxter Win User
    Hello thanks for the reply again, I mean I can't see it via wireless

hpbaxxter, May 12, 2017
  6. Bastet Win User
    Have you rebooted the router?
    Have you reset the router to factory defaults via the reset button?
    Has the PC seen the router previously & with no changes to the pc or router it can now not be seen by the PC?
    Is there a setting under the router's webpage properties where you can hide the SSID from being broadcast? Is it set to broadcast the SSID?
    Can the problematic PC 'see' any other SSID? If not then that imo points to the wifi adapter going/failed.

Bastet, May 12, 2017
  7. hpbaxxter Win User
    - I have rebooted e router.
    - When I did reset the router to the factory default my PC can see the router but after the configuration and the reboot the PC cant see the router.
    - There is an option Visibility Status to make the router "visible" or "invisible", and I always select "visible".
    - As I said My PC can detect any other "router but my router D link 2750U", and the "D link 2750 U" could be detected by the other PC but my PC!

hpbaxxter, May 13, 2017
  8. bro67 Win User

Use inSSIDer to see if your SSID is visible or not. If you have to, you will most likely have to do a reinstall of Windows 10 on the culprit machine. Your Gateway should not be playing hide and seek, unless you have turned off the SSID or made other changes in it.

bro67, May 15, 2017
  9. Grom0X Win User
    Hi Hpbaxxter,
    Please try set Wireless security - Security Mode to WPA/WPA2 PSK and WPA Encrytion TKIP+AES and try.

Router is invisible just for my PC [​IMG]

Good luck

Grom0X, May 15, 2017
  10. Mooly Win User
    Off the wall thought, are you using channel, 12, 13 or 14 on the router and using a WiFi card/driver that can only work up to channel 11 ?

Mooly, May 15, 2017
  11. hpbaxxter Win User
    I think the problem isn't on Wireless security, because my laptop can't see this router at all.

hpbaxxter, May 15, 2017
  12. hpbaxxter Win User
    I don't know, I'll check it and I'll tell you what I'll find.

hpbaxxter, May 15, 2017
  13. bro67 Win User

I have found that Channel 3 and 8 have worked out a lot better than the standard channels for the 2.4ghz radio on my Wireless-AC AP. It was a matter of research to find that out for Dual Band A/P's.

bro67, May 16, 2017
  14. hpbaxxter Win User
    Yeah finally I found the problem, its as you said the channel, I changed it to 11 and the problem is solved.
    Thank you.

hpbaxxter, May 16, 2017
  15. bro67 Win User
    You will find that some devices will not see your Wifi on Channel 11. Especially if they use Wireless-b/g on 2.4ghz. I would use inSSIDer or another tool to find a less congested channel and maybe try Channel 3, which is working very well for me.

bro67, May 16, 2017
Thema:

1. Router is invisible just for my PC - Similar Threads - Router invisible

2. My pc won’t connect to the internet via Ethernet. The WiFi works on the router but won’t...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc won’t connect to the internet via Ethernet. The WiFi works on the router but won’t...: So as of two weeks ago my pc just didn’t want to connect to internet anymore. It’s connect via Ethernet to my Verizon internet gateway, which has worked before. I can connect via WiFi to the Verizon gateway with my phone but it doesn’t want to work all of a sudden via...
  3. My pc won’t connect to the internet via Ethernet. The WiFi works on the router but won’t...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc won’t connect to the internet via Ethernet. The WiFi works on the router but won’t...: So as of two weeks ago my pc just didn’t want to connect to internet anymore. It’s connect via Ethernet to my Verizon internet gateway, which has worked before. I can connect via WiFi to the Verizon gateway with my phone but it doesn’t want to work all of a sudden via...
  4. My pc won’t connect to the internet via Ethernet. The WiFi works on the router but won’t...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. My notebook disconnects from the network a few meters from the router

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My notebook disconnects from the network a few meters from the router: My notebook is an Aspire 3 with Windows 11. In the beginning it used to get WiFi like any other device, it could get quite far from the router which still had a strong and stable connection, but it has been a long time since it started to lose connection to the network Just...
  6. My notebook disconnects from the network a few meters from the router

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My notebook disconnects from the network a few meters from the router: My notebook is an Aspire 3 with Windows 11. In the beginning it used to get WiFi like any other device, it could get quite far from the router which still had a strong and stable connection, but it has been a long time since it started to lose connection to the network Just...
  7. Windows is connected to router even completly offline

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows is connected to router even completly offline: Hello guys, to open this post let me quickly brief that I have been a victim of cyberbullying and it was very hard for me to find some compelling evidences to go to the police. I'm posting this here to expose a bit of what I figured, confirm that it is, indeed ... criminal,...
  8. Windows is connected to router even completly offline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is connected to router even completly offline: Hello guys, to open this post let me quickly brief that I have been a victim of cyberbullying and it was very hard for me to find some compelling evidences to go to the police. I'm posting this here to expose a bit of what I figured, confirm that it is, indeed ... criminal,...
  9. How to appear invisible and unidentifiable on network even to router?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to appear invisible and unidentifiable on network even to router?: So I can change my mac adeto bypass an Internet ban but then the new mac address just gets banned aswell. Can I make my pc invisible and unidentifiable to the router to prevent this? submitted by /u/camkart24 [link] [comments]...
  10. Connected pc invisible on router

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connected pc invisible on router: Hi, there are several devices that are regularly connected at differnt times on my home network, but one pc which doesn't show even though it is connected. No deliberate attempt to hide it has been made, and we can see no reason for it being hidden. It recently reappeared...