Windows 10: Router is showing Xbox but I don’t have an Xbox

Discus and support Router is showing Xbox but I don’t have an Xbox in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am using HP laptop running WINDOWS 10 and I have a router with a wired connection that is showing a Xbox connected to my router instead of a laptop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HeidiTolles, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Router is showing Xbox but I don’t have an Xbox

I am using HP laptop running WINDOWS 10 and I have a router with a wired connection that is showing a Xbox connected to my router instead of a laptop. Though I don’t have any Xbox. Why?

:)

HeidiTolles, Dec 22, 2019
  2. Darksaber Win User

Xbox 360 cracked

Even though the hack is very complex, and should not be done by you and me, but the crack will let you play back-ups of your Xbox 1 and Xbox 360 games, and will boot all normal xbox games, yes all, not just the onces on the compatibilty list. So we are one step closer.

Source: TheINQ

Darksaber, Dec 22, 2019
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    why is my router showing a xbox instead of a laptop

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the router shows that there is an Xbox connected to it, even if you are not using a Xbox.

As you have mentioned that you are using a wired connection, I would suggest you to check if the Wi-Fi network for the router is password protected or not. If you have not password protected the Wi-Fi network, please add a password to it and check.

Alternatively, you can get in touch with your ISP on how to add a password to the network.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 22, 2019
  4. hbja Win User

Router is showing Xbox but I don’t have an Xbox

why is my router showing a xbox instead of a laptop

2019 - windows 10 - why is my router with a wired connection showing a Xbox connected to my router when I do not have a Xbox? I'm asking this question with my wired connected HP laotop.

* Moved from Community Participation Center

Thema:

Router is showing Xbox but I don’t have an Xbox

1. Router is showing Xbox but I don’t have an Xbox - Similar Threads - Router showing Xbox

2. Xbox Elite 2 controller showing as Xbox Wireles Controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Elite 2 controller showing as Xbox Wireles Controller: Bought an Xbox Elite 2 controller last week, connected it to my PC via bluetooth and started gaming. Realized I wanted to move the X and A buttons on the paddles so I plugged it in to my computer and was prompted for an update. Sure. I updated the controller, re-assigned my...
  3. Xbox Elite 2 controller showing as Xbox Wireles Controller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox Elite 2 controller showing as Xbox Wireles Controller: Bought an Xbox Elite 2 controller last week, connected it to my PC via bluetooth and started gaming. Realized I wanted to move the X and A buttons on the paddles so I plugged it in to my computer and was prompted for an update. Sure. I updated the controller, re-assigned my...
  4. why does an Xbox show up in my list of desktop pc devices ? I don't have an Xbox

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    why does an Xbox show up in my list of desktop pc devices ? I don't have an Xbox: why does an Xbox show up in my list of desktop pc devices ? I don't have an Xbox https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-an-xbox-show-up-in-my-list-of-desktop-pc/921ae7bc-1aec-4d37-9815-06b0e483132b
  5. why does an Xbox show up in my list of desktop pc devices ? I don't have an Xbox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does an Xbox show up in my list of desktop pc devices ? I don't have an Xbox: why does an Xbox show up in my list of desktop pc devices ? I don't have an Xbox https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-an-xbox-show-up-in-my-list-of-desktop-pc/921ae7bc-1aec-4d37-9815-06b0e483132b
  6. why does an Xbox show up in my list of desktop pc devices ? I don't have an Xbox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Xbox Games don't show on xbox app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Games don't show on xbox app: My Xbox site and app both used to show all of my games that i installed on my windows 10 pc literally, but then some games doesn't appear neither on my Xbox app nor site....
  8. i have minecraft windows 10 on my xbox but I don’t have it on my pc same email and password...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have minecraft windows 10 on my xbox but I don’t have it on my pc same email and password...: I have Minecraft windows 10 on my xbox but I recently got a pc same email and password from xbox and Microsoft and all it give me is the option to get the free trial can you help me?...
  9. Generic Credentials show Xbox Live, but I don't have Xbox...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Generic Credentials show Xbox Live, but I don't have Xbox...: I don't understand what the Generic Credentials are about exactly, and I see one here for Xbox live, modified as of yesterday supposedly. No username and the password is not visible all dots, with Persistence: logon Session? whatever that means. But I don't have an Xbox. Is...
  10. why is my router showing a xbox instead of a laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why is my router showing a xbox instead of a laptop: 2019 - windows 10 - why is my router with a wired connection showing a Xbox connected to my router when I do not have a Xbox? I'm asking this question with my wired connected HP laotop. * Moved from Community Participation Center...