Windows 10: Router listed among network computers. Can it be removed?

Discus and support Router listed among network computers. Can it be removed? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; As this image shows, my Linksys router has created an extra "computer" on my network that carries my network's name. Ideally, the list should only show... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cmach1, May 8, 2021.

1. cmach1 Win User

Router listed among network computers. Can it be removed?

As this image shows, my Linksys router has created an extra "computer" on my network that carries my network's name. Ideally, the list should only show the three computers I have on the network. I know the extra computer is my router, but it serves no purpose being there. Does anyone know how to prevent it from showing up on this list?

:)

cmach1, May 8, 2021
  2. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, May 8, 2021
  3. cmach1 Win User
    Remove or hide router in network group

I have a home network set up through a Linksys router. The network consists of a Windows 10 PC, Windows 10 laptop & IMac computer. In all three computers' network windows I also have an additional "computer" that's named after my wireless network. It is clearly my router. I would prefer that it not be listed along with my network computers, as it serves no purpose to me for it to be there.

This is how it's shown in Windows. The router is the one marked with a red circle.

Router listed among network computers. Can it be removed? Capture2.jpg

Same deal here, but on the IMac.

Router listed among network computers. Can it be removed? Screen-Shot.jpg

Normally if I wanted to remove a computer from the network I would just turn off sharing on that computer, but I don't know how to remove or hide the router. Is there a way to do this? I need instructions for both Windows & Mac. Thank you.

cmach1, May 8, 2021
  4. 24C
    24c Win User

Phantom router on network

Recently I've noticed a "phantom" router appearing in my network. The Belkin router is not mine, the Linksys is.

Properties of the Belkin router list serial number, MAC address, model number, model, manufacturer, but no IP address. It only shows up on my desktop, not the Pro 3's or HP laptop's File Explorer under Network.

Desktop is connected to network with a Netgear WNDA3100v3 N600 Dual Band USB Adapter - WPA2-PSK security type. Pro 3 and Laptop connect to network with their internal wireless connections

Haven't noticed any "strange" behavior, or usage, on my machines, but am curious as to why it is appearing in my network.

Also, any suggestions for a program that will scan the network and list all units "attached" to it?

Router listed among network computers. Can it be removed? [​IMG]

Thema:

1. Router listed among network computers. Can it be removed? - Similar Threads - Router listed among

2. Network list of neighbors routers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network list of neighbors routers: In the lower right corner of the screen when I click network settings, there is a list of wi-fi's from my neighbor's around me. Can I delete this list or hide it?...
  3. Explorer Network list - Some computers on local network are listed while others are not listed

Explorer Network list - Some computers on local network are listed while others are not listed: Some computers on local network do not list other computers in Explorer Network list Every computer can ping every other computer. Every computer can access files on any other computer when another computer is added by "mapping a network" drive in Explorer Only 2 of the...
  4. Some computers on local network do not list other computers in Explorer Network list

Some computers on local network do not list other computers in Explorer Network list: I have 8 computers on my local network. Every computer can ping every other computer. Every computercan access files on any other computer when another computer is added by "mapping a network" drive in Explorer BUT only 2 of the computer list all of the computers on the...
  5. Remove or hide router in network group

Remove or hide router in network group: I have a home network set up through a Linksys router. The network consists of a Windows 10 PC, Windows 10 laptop & IMac computer. In all three computers' network windows I also have an additional "computer" that's named after my wireless network. It is clearly my router. I...
  6. My name is not listed among Users!

My name is not listed among Users!: I've noticed that C/Users does not show my name. It only shows Jim and Public. Hovering over all documents indicates the target as C: Users/Jim. Jim is my husband, but he does not even have a logon on this computer. How could this have happened and should I do anything about...
  7. Networking, router or?

Networking, router or?: Hello, my issue is, I wish to connect my 3 laptops together for shared networking. Windows7, 10 &10. I can connect 2 together via ethernet cable but since my internet access is a private network AirCard (wifi), I don't have a physical router. I am wondering what I need in...
  8. Computer not listed on 'network'

Computer not listed on 'network': Hi Everyone I'm fairly new to windows 10 - so forgive me if the following has been asked a thousand times before.*Redface I have have three computers which are networked (1x 64 bit windows 10 Pro- 1x32 bit windows 10 Home Premium + 1x 32bit windows 7 Home Premium.) The...
  9. Computer can and can't see router

Computer can and can't see router: I upgraded to Windows 10 last year. I was running my TalkTalk router successfully both wirelessly and hardwired. Occasionally I would go off-line for no reason. Leave it a few hours I was back. I complained and was given a new router. Plugged it in and it was seen by my phone...
  10. Old inoperable router connection listed on my list of networks

Old inoperable router connection listed on my list of networks: Several years ago, I had a router to connect my computer to my home network, orignally on Windows 7. Since then my ISP provider has given me a router modem combination, which I now use on Windows 10. So, I disconnected my router and disposed of it. However my old connection...