Windows 10: Router log show a lot of "unnecessary" web-contacts at computer startup

Discus and support Router log show a lot of "unnecessary" web-contacts at computer startup in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a HP new laptop with windows 10 pro 64 bit. Because I am testing a new wireless broadband with limited use, I have gone through everything which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by llars9876, Mar 28, 2019.

1. llars9876 Win User

Router log show a lot of "unnecessary" web-contacts at computer startup

I have a HP new laptop with windows 10 pro 64 bit. Because I am testing a new wireless broadband with limited use, I have gone through everything which use MB. My Asus 68u router with Asuswrt-merlin expanded software can give me almost everything of data use and contacts.

The Qos-weblogg from the router show a lot of internet contact at startup were most of them seems correct as they are to ms, norton, symantec and other known, but the following seems more spectacular or bad:

cloudfare-dns.com

config.edge.skype.com (skype is not loaded at start and I don't use it) (I don't use edge)

connectivitycheck-gstatic.com

login.live.com

nexusrules.officeapps.live.com

ocsp.digicert.com

windows.policies.live.net

Cloudfare-dns.com goes to a advertise webside for Cloudfare and it does possibly nothing else.

I have always kept my computer clean for everything that can give trouble and have many years of application development, but not the last years as I am retired now.

Can anywhone tell me how to get rid of these (I can't find from where they are loaded)?

:)

llars9876, Mar 28, 2019

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Mar 28, 2019
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Mar 28, 2019
  4. Ikaruga Win User

router logs DoS attack from a local PC....

Well you did not say that you don't really know what you are doing. It's not a problem of course, but it changes things a little.

It's not even clear if the PC or the router is the problem at this time, so I suggested that you disable some unnecessary things which are usually known to cause many problems, sorry if those were too complicated.

• You could reset some network related stuffz on the PC as a next step. Open an elevated command prompt (run as administrator), and enter the followings on the PC:
      netsh int ip reset reset.log
      netsh int ipv6 reset
      netsh winsock reset
      netsh branchcache reset
      netsh advfirewall reset
      (note: You can export your current firewall rules in the "group policy" before the reset if it's needed for some reason)

• Btw, Would it be a problem to reset the router to the default settings if the things we are trying will not help? There is a menu point for that called "factory settings" (and also a little hole on the back if you prefer that one).. the Administrator username in the router after the reset would be admin and the password is probably on a sticker at the bottom of the router (special settings needed to go online with your ISP might be also necessary)
      This is not needed now (not yet), but perhaps the source of the problem is at the router and not the PC in question, so we may come to that eventually.
    ps.: Do you have a second network card you could test in that PC and a different cable to rule out some hardware issues on the PC side?

Ikaruga, Mar 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Router log show a lot of "unnecessary" web-contacts at computer startup - Similar Threads - Router log show

2. New Wifi router not showing on Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Wifi router not showing on Computer: I have just replaced my modem and router with a new arris s33 modem and the w121 mesh router. They are up and running and I can connect with my phone with the network showing a strong and fast signal, but my dell computer with Windows 10 will not show the new network even...
  3. New Wifi router not showing on Computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Wifi router not showing on Computer: I have just replaced my modem and router with a new arris s33 modem and the w121 mesh router. They are up and running and I can connect with my phone with the network showing a strong and fast signal, but my dell computer with Windows 10 will not show the new network even...
  4. New Wifi router not showing on Computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. UNNECESSARY APP DELETED AND NOW STARTUP ERROR AFTER LOGGING IN

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    UNNECESSARY APP DELETED AND NOW STARTUP ERROR AFTER LOGGING IN: WARMEST REGARDS TO THE READER.I am having an annoying issue, there was an unnecessary app on my pc and it used to startup at startup and start automatically when the PC booted.After it, that came into the system tray and its icon stayed there, and after right-clicking it...
  6. UNNECESSARY APP DELETED AND NOW STARTUP ERROR AFTER LOGGING IN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UNNECESSARY APP DELETED AND NOW STARTUP ERROR AFTER LOGGING IN: WARMEST REGARDS TO THE READER.I am having an annoying issue, there was an unnecessary app on my pc and it used to startup at startup and start automatically when the PC booted.After it, that came into the system tray and its icon stayed there, and after right-clicking it...
  7. UNNECESSARY APP DELETED AND NOW STARTUP ERROR AFTER LOGGING IN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Startup connectivity to router

Startup connectivity to router: On startup my PC will not automatically connect to my router. After windows is up I can connect it manually with no problem. I am using a Dell Laptop Inspiron 3521 and the drivers are up to date....
  9. Custom built computer gets lots of BSODs on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Custom built computer gets lots of BSODs on startup: Attachment 74081 Hi there! So about half a year ago, my dad decided to give me the money to build my own PC. So I bought all the parts and my dad and his friend put it together for me (I'm terrible with handling hardware). It works great! It runs games really well, is...
  10. Router log on

Router log on: When I try to log into my Router (Netgear 7800) using 192.168.1.1 all I get is plank screen ad it says waiting and it goose no farter. Running winhome10 64bit. 89791